Rate our Mercato // Summer 2015 (6 Viewers)

Mercato Rating?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
The midfield is the primary concern now, can we really rely on Khedira for an entire season, or Asamoah for that matter? Marchiso is never 100% reliable either.

I would say 10/10 pre Vida being sold, after his departure I would give it a 6/10

TheDr

Apr 10, 2015
Dybala 8/10
Sandro 7/10
Mandzuik 5/10
Rugani 7/10
Khedira 3/10 (4.5/10 since he is free)
Zaza 3.5/10
Lemina 6/10 (for price and what I have read)
Cuadrado 5/10 (6/10 due to price)
Hernanes 5/10 (6/10 for price and leadership)
Neto 7/10

I give the Mercato 5.5/10 including what we lost. If we landed a stud AM, would have been a 8/10.
- Prilo will be missed but was a liability on defense and players are getting faster.
- Tevez was going to leave anyway, so I'm less sour here.
- Vidal for 38mil is a joke. If we knew this, we should have went for nainggolan for $20mil. Would have been a perfect replacement, very similar player but less yellow cards (don't get me wrong Vidal is better)
- Coman stings but he is very raw. He is fast, quick, but very little control. I see him being a Gervinho with a better shot. He needs a lot of work and will struggle at Bayern.
- Isla/llorente/ogbonna good players, great clubhouse characters, not at our level though.

That's my full analysis. I am very worried about all cohesion between new players, especially on offensive side between midfield and forwards. I do NOT think Allegri is a strong enough manager to take on this much of a rebuild.
Think we will make a run... But will come down to last three games with Roma and Inter for Scudetto.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
4/10

It's a shame because it started so good.

Good:
Dybala
Rugani
Mandzukic
Alex Sandro
Lemina
Neto
Moving on from Pirlo

Bad:
Selling Vidal
Giving Coman to Bayern on 2 year loan plus option
Picking Khedira over Allan
No option on Cuadrado
Buying Zaza when he will barely play
And worst of all we didn't invest the money we got from our sales at the end

I'm ok with letting Tevez go because we invested in a replacement in Dybala
I don't consider our sales/contract terminations good because we didn't invest it at the end
Imo the bad outweighs the good

Overall I give this mercato a 4/10. I consider 5/10 an average score so I rate this mercato 4/10 because it's below average imo
IN summary this. I would add the failure of selling llorente for some money-...as he left for free.

Marotta did some really silly moves... but also did some bold ones. Ill not be as cruel to say a 4/10.. but ill give him a 6/10. BUT.... ill wait to give my final verdict when we reach 3/4 of the season, because to be honest a lot of signings are a mystery to me in how good they will turn out.

Signings like Cuadrado, Rugani, Dybala and even Hernanes have the potential to turn really good for us.

Still... the stupid sales done by marotta will never be good...... but ill give him the chance to show that his signings were spot on to balance his wrong doings.

6/10 (but could turn potentialy into a better score depending on how we do). But as of now, 6/10....too dangerous approach to the mercato and sub par sellings

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Funny how people have a short memory.

Accusations aimed at Marotta :
-Can't splash money on good players (dybala)
-Can't sign proper left back (Evra and Sandro)
-Can't get rid of players even for free because wages are too high (llorente)
- Can't sign attacking midfielder (hernanes)
- can only sign players that are past it (rugani, pogba, dybala)
-Can't all players for big money (vidals sale was big money considering his age, prolonged knee problems, private/mental problems and a sub par season)
-Can't balance the books (loaning out a player we would not use anyways like Coman was good business. Any secret clauses is pure conspiracy theory bs )

All those Accusations were already debunked but still they pop up again makes me wonder who the one with the crooked eye is... Marotta or his haters.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
No matter how you rate it this mercato looks like a hugh mess. Personally I would give it a 6.5/10. Pretty much all the pro and cons are mentioned already. Still can't belive we did not get a proper cam. That's the only thing allegri asked for since January or so.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
A question (or two) for people to answer:

Who should Juve have signed as trequartista?

And, would you have passed on signing Alex Sandro (and either got a cheaper leftback or no leftback) in order to make it happen?

I can't think of a trequartista has moved this summer that would have improved Juve and provided reasonable value for money.

Goetze didn't want to join Juve and there's no suggestion Isco or Oscar were realistic options.

It's all very well saying that Juve should have signed a trequartista, but the right player does have to be available before that can happen.
:applause:

- - - Updated - - -

or I would have thrown like 60mil at Bayern for Götze. Other than Juventus Football Charity they dont give a $#@! about player will
they do

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)