Rate our Mercato // Summer 2015 (8 Viewers)

Mercato Rating?

Results are only viewable after voting.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
from the top of my head
Firmino and yes
Pastore and yes
Gaitan and yes
Felipe Anderson and yes
Lol, so you would have broken the bank and spend over million euro 40 on firmino and destroyed our salary structure to convince him to come to the lesser serie a, then in turn either make everybody in the squad unhappy or raise everybody's wages to even that out?

Pastore did not move
Gaitan did not move
Felipe Anderson did not move

All you wrote is fantasy football but not more.

Reading all your ineptitude makes me believe I finally found the account Alessio Secco is posting with here.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
@Cronios must be happy about one thing. we did not fullfill our nationalistic agenda. we only signed two italians this window.

rugani, zaza - italian
neto, alex sandro, hernanes - brazilian
dybala - argentinian
khedira- german
lemina- french
mandzukic- croatian
cuadrado- colombian

this must a new record for amount of south americans in juve team :shifty: we new inter now? no more italjuve? @Cronios what u think?

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Lol, so you would have broken the bank and spend over million euro 40 on firmino and destroyed our salary structure to convince him to come to the lesser serie a, then in turn either make everybody in the squad unhappy or raise everybody's wages to even that out?

Pastore did not move
Gaitan did not move
Felipe Anderson did not move

All you wrote is fantasy football but not more.

Reading all your ineptitude makes me believe I finally found the account Alessio Secco is posting with here.
:rofl:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
22/10

I'm rounding down btw

I can't complain much about

Rugani
Zaza
Sandro
Khedira
Cuadrado
Mandzukic
Hernanes
Lemina
Neto

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
A question (or two) for people to answer:

Who should Juve have signed as trequartista?

And, would you have passed on signing Alex Sandro (and either got a cheaper leftback or no leftback) in order to make it happen?

I can't think of a trequartista has moved this summer that would have improved Juve and provided reasonable value for money.

Goetze didn't want to join Juve and there's no suggestion Isco or Oscar were realistic options.

It's all very well saying that Juve should have signed a trequartista, but the right player does have to be available before that can happen.
on point

ppl demanding AMs as if theyre available when they absolutely are not. i for one am pleased about Sandro..a position that we have agonised about for yeeaarrrsss and it has been met with such low key enthusiasm because all are preoccupied with AMs...none of which are feasible...

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Funny how people have a short memory.

Accusations aimed at Marotta :
-Can't splash money on good players (dybala)
-Can't sign proper left back (Evra and Sandro)
-Can't get rid of players even for free because wages are too high (llorente)
- Can't sign attacking midfielder (hernanes)
- can only sign players that are past it (rugani, pogba, dybala)
-Can't all players for big money (vidals sale was big money considering his age, prolonged knee problems, private/mental problems and a sub par season)
-Can't balance the books (loaning out a player we would not use anyways like Coman was good business. Any secret clauses is pure conspiracy theory bs )

All those Accusations were already debunked but still they pop up again makes me wonder who the one with the crooked eye is... Marotta or his haters.
Sorry but this proves you are clueless in what you're saying.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
My bad I forgot to include Hernanes. Individually I think he is a good signing and one of Marottas market opportunities but the reason I consider signing him a bad instead of a good is because I expected a to AM and or at least one that could also play LW

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
with Hernanes it is now a 7 for me, without him, i would have given it a 5 and fail.
obviously the purchases are all good potentially great players that will help us with a lot of formations.

Alex Sandro, Cuadrado and Hernanes can help achieve multiple formation with good performance, we need Dybala to always start and give Pogba all the support he can get.

The worst thing is getting rid off Vidal that cheap and Coman on a 2 year loan. I just hope Sturaro can regain his best form so that we dont miss Vidal too much.

I really hope we can get everyone back to full fitness asap! I can't wait for our next match!
Fino alla fine!

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Let me start with the positives. Sandro, Lemina, Rugani and Mandzu will all be good signings. Dybala was a fantastic get as well. Cuadrado gives us a good option and is a good top up player. But.. Selling Vidal and Coman we expected a really a grade attacking mid or at least someone with the potential to be one. That didn't happen and makes losing, especially coman, so late puzzling. We also only have one SS in our team now, so we better hope dybala stays healthy or we get Berardi in Jan, which seems unlikely. Now.. Hernanes is a good player but we should've gotten more. He will be useful though. Khedira when he gets back, if he does, will be a good player for us. Lemina is an interesting prospect as well.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Let me start with the positives. Sandro, Lemina, Rugani and Mandzu will all be good signings. Dybala was a fantastic get as well. Cuadrado gives us a good option and is a good top up player. But.. Selling Vidal and Coman we expected a really a grade attacking mid or at least someone with the potential to be one. That didn't happen and makes losing, especially coman, so late puzzling. We also only have one SS in our team now, so we better hope dybala stays healthy or we get Berardi in Jan, which seems unlikely. Now.. Hernanes is a good player but we should've gotten more. He will be useful though. Khedira when he gets back, if he does, will be a good player for us. Lemina is an interesting prospect as well.
:tup:

It's really hard to rate this mercato because of just how many changes were made. We lost 3 integral starters from last years team in Vidal, Tevez, Pirlo, plus 3 bench players in Llorente, Storari, Coman. And we brought in a large number of new players. I don't recall a mercato this busy for us in years. Perhaps 2011, when the Conte era started... I still think we should have told Vidal we won't sell unless we find a top AM or replacement CM for him first. Perhaps that would have put more pressure on Bayern to make Götze available, who knows.

My problem with the mercato is it creates far too many "ifs"... And you want to minimize those whenever possible. That's why slow transitions are much better. We went a little far in the totally transform the team direction. It was coming, but I would have preferred to limit it to Tevez and Pirlo this summer, and then perhaps Vidal and Barza next summer. Hopefully Rugani is the Barza replacement and we have that dealt with already.

The mercato could end up being a 10. Or a 1. Unlikely for either of those. So I think anywhere from 4-6 fits best at the moment because we lost guarantees and replaced them potentially top signings for the most part. SO I gave it a 5 for now, in hopes that over the long run it turns out much much better. I'm a little worried about the next 3 months, but I think the team should have an excellent season post winter-break. I think 2nd should be a guarantee, I only hope that the settling-in and gelling period isn't too slow as it could put a major dent in our scudetto hopes, as well CL knockout qualification. I'll be okay with CL Rof16 and 2nd place in Serie A this year. And happy with Scudetto + QFs.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
:tup:

It's really hard to rate this mercato because of just how many changes were made. We lost 3 integral starters from last years team in Vidal, Tevez, Pirlo, plus 3 bench players in Llorente, Storari, Coman. And we brought in a large number of new players. I don't recall a mercato this busy for us in years. Perhaps 2011, when the Conte era started... I still think we should have told Vidal we won't sell unless we find a top AM or replacement CM for him first. Perhaps that would have put more pressure on Bayern to make Götze available, who knows.

My problem with the mercato is it creates far too many "ifs"... And you want to minimize those whenever possible. That's why slow transitions are much better. We went a little far in the totally transform the team direction. It was coming, but I would have preferred to limit it to Tevez and Pirlo this summer, and then perhaps Vidal and Barza next summer. Hopefully Rugani is the Barza replacement and we have that dealt with already.

The mercato could end up being a 10. Or a 1. Unlikely for either of those. So I think anywhere from 4-6 fits best at the moment because we lost guarantees and replaced them potentially top signings for the most part. SO I gave it a 5 for now, in hopes that over the long run it turns out much much better. I'm a little worried about the next 3 months, but I think the team should have an excellent season post winter-break. I think 2nd should be a guarantee, I only hope that the settling-in and gelling period isn't too slow as it could put a major dent in our scudetto hopes, as well CL knockout qualification. I'll be okay with CL Rof16 and 2nd place in Serie A this year. And happy with Scudetto + QFs.

I think we will win the league, lets see how whoever is running ahead deals with that pressure. Once we get the ball rolling we should be good. We aren't as good as we were last year on paper but I do think we have a bit more tactical flexibility.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I can't give it more than a 5. I was thinking 4 or 5, but I went with 5!

As for the whole AM saga, it is Marotta's duty to find someone. The whole hands were tied and who was available that he could have gotten is a lame and pathetic excuse. He had 2 months to figure it out, and he failed.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
6 - if Vidal wasn't sold for chicken feed, then it'd be a 7.

If we had got a long term CAM option, and a striker better than Mandzukic, it would've been an 8.5 max.

Damn it we also bought Zaza, what a freakish waste of money - sell World Class for peanuts, buy rubbish for Max price. Makes business sense.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Ill give it 6.

The good
Sandro - Hopefully this will resolve our LB problem
Neto - For Free . better cover and competition for Buffon
Hernanes - Good option in the mid, he can play multiple position and brings in creativity that we are desperately missing , best thing we got a guy to take our set pieces
Cuadrado - Dirt cheap loan option for a player who we know worth 20 million at least and gives us tactical flexibility

The unknowns
Dybala - Comes with a hefty price tag,will he deliver, after all the players left , everything is on him
Mandzukic - Can't see how much he is different than Llorente for the time being, though he is extremely hardworking up front
Rugani - Can he deliver, or will it be another Criscito?
Lemina - Impressed over what I seen during our friendly match, but other than that , nothing much on him. Marseile fans aren't really bothered losing him as well, said he hasn't live to expectations.
Khedira - with the guys injury histories, it wouldn't be right to depend on him as a first choice player but more as an option.

The bad
Vidal,Tevez,Pirlo - Losing our 3 world class players in a single window
Zaza - Horrible deal, i think we jump the gun too early on this, thinking we can get decent sales on LLorente only to be prooved wrongly and end up Allegri thinks Lllorente is better than Zaza
Sales - We can't make much with our players, due to the poor league and nation we are in limiting Marotta's capabilities
Draxler - We shouldn't have low balled, if we offered our final offer (which Shalke accepted) at the first attempt we could have closed this way earlier before Wolfsburg can sniff. Bad calculation here by Marotta

Mar 4, 2007
Any other year this Summer would have been fantastic.

Unfortunately I will have rate it 5/10.

Like PI said I will also be happy with CL round of 16 and second place in the league.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)