Rate our Mercato // Summer 2015 (3 Viewers)

Mercato Rating?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
A question (or two) for people to answer:

Who should Juve have signed as trequartista?

And, would you have passed on signing Alex Sandro (and either got a cheaper leftback or no leftback) in order to make it happen?

I can't think of a trequartista has moved this summer that would have improved Juve and provided reasonable value for money.

Goetze didn't want to join Juve and there's no suggestion Isco or Oscar were realistic options.

It's all very well saying that Juve should have signed a trequartista, but the right player does have to be available before that can happen.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Be you, not what you think others expect you to be.

Lets try that in next post. So, how do you rate it?
5/10

+
Alex Sandro
Dybala
Khedira (before selling Vidal)
Mandzukic
Rugani
Neto

-
The way we've sold Vidal
Khedira (after selling Vidal)
Letting Coman go on loan for 2 years (we've sold 2 players to Bayern who were really interested in too easy)
Draxler saga (it took us till the last day of the mercato to realize that Schalke were actually serious about their demands, resulting in us panic buying Hernanes)
Hernanes (for the reason above, even if I think he won't be too bad)
Marotta's approach in general
Zaza
Llorente's donation

Neutral
Lemina
Cuadrado

Mar 10, 2009
4/10

started off really well and promising, felt like we learned from past teams such as Dortmund/Porto/A.Madrid etc, then it all started to go wrong when we gave Tevez away so cheaply, and then really downhill with the Vidal sale.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009

And, would you have passed on signing Alex Sandro (and either got a cheaper leftback or no leftback) in order to make it happen?

I can't think of a trequartista has moved this summer that would have improved Juve and provided reasonable value for money.

Goetze didn't want to join Juve and there's no suggestion Isco or Oscar were realistic options.

It's all very well saying that Juve should have signed a trequartista, but the right player does have to be available before that can happen.
Calhanoglu, and we were willing to sign Draxler for 36M apparently.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
4/10

It's a shame because it started so good.

Good:
Dybala
Rugani
Mandzukic
Alex Sandro
Lemina
Neto
Moving on from Pirlo

Bad:
Selling Vidal
Giving Coman to Bayern on 2 year loan plus option
Picking Khedira over Allan
No option on Cuadrado
Buying Zaza when he will barely play
And worst of all we didn't invest the money we got from our sales at the end

I'm ok with letting Tevez go because we invested in a replacement in Dybala
I don't consider our sales/contract terminations good because we didn't invest it at the end
Imo the bad outweighs the good

Overall I give this mercato a 4/10. I consider 5/10 an average score so I rate this mercato 4/10 because it's below average imo

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
5/10

+
Alex Sandro
Dybala
Khedira (before selling Vidal)
Mandzukic
Rugani
Neto

-
The way we've sold Vidal
Khedira (after selling Vidal)
Letting Coman go on loan for 2 years (we've sold 2 players to Bayern who were really interested in too easy)
Draxler saga (it took us till the last day of the mercato to realize that Schalke were actually serious about their demands, resulting in us panic buying Hernanes)
Hernanes (for the reason above, even if I think he won't be too bad)
Marotta's approach in general
Zaza
Llorente's donation

Neutral
Lemina
Cuadrado
Agreed on all.

Only thing I disagree with I would add Cuadrado to the plus column, he will suprise you alot, only thing bizzare is what role he will get. But he will be an asset, he is too good to not be. I'm more worried for Khedira, dont like him and he might continue is streak of unwellness. Plus little wary of wether or not if Mandzukic will be good enough, with the kind of service, or lack of, we would provide.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I was about to click on 5/10, then looked at my avatar, and and as I said gave it extra grade solely due to this wondrous kid.
Quite a tough mercato to rate.

I understand people feeling somewhat underwhelmed right now.

But if guys like Dybala, Alex Sandro and Rugani turn out to be as good as people hope they will, five years down the line, it would leave people giving this mercato marks of less than 6 looking quite silly, I would suggest.

Mar 10, 2009

seeing as how Bayern wanted two of our players, I think we could have pressured Bayern to force Gotze out the club, through exchange or something. Kind of like how Barcelona forced Etoo to Inter when they wanted Ibrahimovic.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Quite a tough mercato to rate.

I understand people feeling somewhat underwhelmed right now.

But if guys like Dybala, Alex Sandro and Rugani turn out to be as good as people hope they will, five years down the line, it would leave people giving this mercato marks of less than 6 looking quite silly, I would suggest.
That is true, but we can only react honestly to how we feel right now, and not wait to assess things academically hehe.

This is not serious rating anyways, because you can only rate a mercato after a year, after the players actually played the season. Last season for example, not too many were that happy about Morata or Evra, but they turned out very well, especially the young Madridrista.

For the future purposes, this rebuilding phase might be extremely important and excellent moment, but its only something we can truly only assess a year or couple of years from now. Then we would be assessing more then 1 mercato tho, but start of an era and few extra mercatos.

Right now, its hard to be positive considered who left and who was gained. And overall the promises made that couldnt be fullfilled.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
seeing as how Bayern wanted two of our players, I think we could have pressured Bayern to force Gotze out the club, through exchange or something. Kind of like how Barcelona forced Etoo to Inter when they wanted Ibrahimovic.
Do you really want to take the risk of making a big investment to get a player who doesn't want to sign for you?

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Agreed on all.

Only thing I disagree with I would add Cuadrado to the plus column, he will suprise you alot, only thing bizzare is what role he will get. But he will be an asset, he is too good to not be. I'm more worried for Khedira, dont like him and he might continue is streak of unwellness. Plus little wary of wether or not if Mandzukic will be good enough, with the kind of service, or lack of, we would provide.
I was never much of a fan of the guy, but I think he will be an asset to change things up when things are not going as planned. I don't see where he would play in a 4-3-1-2, and we don't have the players to play 4-3-3. Khedira should only be a backup when Asamoah returns. Mandzukic will come good. Hernanes would help I think.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I understand you, but I cant rate it below average, just cant.

I was about to click on 5/10, then looked at my avatar, and and as I said gave it extra grade solely due to this wondrous kid.
Dybala is by far the best. I wish I could express my love for him with an avatar but I lack skill to create one and there are so many Dybala fans in here so I'll appear like an also-ran anyway.

Sandro is a great player but misplaced transfer if the reason behind missing out on a 'great' AM was money. If not then not. But I think it was

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Don't think Calhanoglu was possible once Leverkusen made it into the CL.

And I would have criticised Juve if they spent 36m on Draxler.
That's possible, but I'd have tried, at least more than we did for Draxler.

I am certainly not a fan of Draxler btw and I do believe 36M was too much for him, but Juve should have known too and moved the fuck on before.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
That is true, but we can only react honestly to how we feel right now.

This is not serious rating anyways, because you can online rate a mercato after a year, after the players actually played the season. Last season for example, not too many were that happy about Morata or Evra, but they turned out very well, especially the young Madridrista.
I know - that's why I said it's a tough one to rate.

I'm just struggling to think of anything that I'd consider a missed opportunity.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Dybala is by far the best. I wish I could express my love for him with an avatar but I lack skill to create one and there are so many Dybala fans in here so I'll appear like an also-ran anyway.

Sandro is a great player but misplaced transfer if the reason behind missing out on a 'great' AM was money. If not then not. But I think it was
hipster.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)