Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Damn you Völler. :andy2:

I voted 6 because:

A) we solidified our wingback spots, that have given us so much trouble the last couple years because of our lack of ability to rotate (Isla and Peluso as primary rotation options). If we continue with 3-5-2 as one of our formations we need fresh Wingbacks and with all the running they are asked to do, it's nice to be able to rotate them more often, as Licht and Asa are brilliant, borderline dominant when they are fresh, but looked terrible late last season due to overuse. 9/10 for this

B) Evra is a starter in a back 4, and a decent one, and Romulo is a great backup for Licht in a back 4. 8.5/10 for this

C) Coman on a free is brilliant, even if he only becomes a solid bench player. I think he offers something we were missing. Pace, and dribbling with the ball in attack. He's too young currently for raising my mercato score too much, as I think his real impact won't be seen for a year or two. 7/10 for this

D) I think Morata is actually a star in the making. I hate the buyback. Without the buyback, this mercato would probably be bumped up to a 7 or 7.5 for me as I think he is a future star and would be a 50mil plus rated player in the future here. As it is, he'll just be 10 mil profit in a couple years if he turns out amazing. 6/10 for this

E) Sturaro, I'm indifferent too. 10 mil if the numbers are correct is interesting for a player to be loaned out immediately. 5/10 for this

F) Pereyra. We overpaid by quite a bit. It's not like he's 20. He's 23, and really has not shown enough to be worth what we paid for him. I could be wrong, he could explode, but I just don't see it. 10 mil for him would have been great. Solid, versatile squad player. But 15-17 mil seems a little silly for that. 4.5/10 for this

G) We didn't sign an established winger, or an established AM. Hard to change formation to wing based play, or AM based play depending on an 18 year old in Coman, and Pereyra who really hasn't shown that he is of a level to allow for a formation change, especially in Europe. We did sign Coman and Pereyra who can both play as winger and AM though, so: 4/10 for this

H) Even worse, we didn't sign a CB to replace one of Bonucci or Ogbonna. Especially Bonucci. We should have sold him for cheap, and brought in Nastatic who was available from all reports. Or another promising young defender. Barzagli isn't getting any younger and injury woes seem to be bothering him more and more. We did strengthen both LB and RB positions in a back 4 though so: 2/10 for this

Overall 46/80

or 5.75/10 which I rounded to 6/10
This.

About the defender, just read that that kid we've always heard about, Dória, was bought by Marseille for 10m. If he turns out to be as good as Marquinhos that is a hell of a deal that we maybe should have looked into.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
What tactic change are you talking about? Any tactic change will not make a difference to improve offense. If we changed formation to 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-1-2 the only new players we'd get into the starting eleven are Evra on LB and god forbid Marchisio as trequartista/offense midfielder.
So our switch from the 433 when Conte started to the 352 had no effect whatsoever on any part of our team positive or negative?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
33 years old evra for almost free is a positive aspect for a club like us? :rofl::scared:
I suppose Pirlo for free at the age of 32 was a negative too then? :sergio:

The reason Evra is a positive is because he was almost free. That's a great transfer and improves our ability to play a back 4 and to also rotate with Asa as a WB.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
I suppose Pirlo for free at the age of 32 was a negative too then? :sergio:

The reason Evra is a positive is because he was almost free. That's a great transfer and improves our ability to play a back 4 and to also rotate with Asa as a WB.
Pirlo was at considerably several higher level of footballer than evra

For a left back I'd rather have free youngster with potential than a 33 years old slightly above average one

Only guys like zambrotta or roberto carlos would be comparable to pirlo

Moreover it took marotta too long, unacceptably too long to just get a left back? And he ended up with freebie 33 years old evra, that is at most a meh point, I cannot fathom why such job is a positive one for a club like us.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
4/10

It's not like I hated it. But we really did little to alter the team from last season and our aspirations that should follow.

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
A solid 7/10 fir me.

We kept Vidal & Pogba when there was so much speculation about both of them

We added some genuinely exciting and good young talent in Morata and Coman

We have a LB who is someone that we can actually not cringe in fear every time he is near the ball in Evra. He will also provide some much needed flexibility to our line-up. Yes it's short term but he didn't break the bank so that's cool.

Pereyra and Romulo look like a step up in our squad players and I think provide more of the kind of depth that we lacked in. Too often we looked to the bench and the only answer was Padoin who is never going to cut it in Europe.

If we had managed to sign a true winger and someone that will enable us to sell some tops then the score would have been higher but I'm not too unhappy. In all it was a decent mercato without being brilliant.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
There can be no excuses for adding at least 1 ready made top player to the starting XI next season tbh

Our depth is beyond sorted. Up there with the best really. All of our money should be used to sign a top class replacement for anybody who is a weak link.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I'm somewhere between a 4 and 5, but ended up voting 4. We have made a few good signings (Coman and Evra), but the fact that we haven't strengthened our starting 11 is very disappointing. Romulo and Pereyra have secured us more depth, and while Romulo seems like a good transfer, Pereyra's option to buy is too high. Also, I really hate the Morata signing because of the buy-back clause.
I can't believe how much I agree with you on everything :kiss:

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
I would give it a soft 7, i am just so happy Vidal and Pogba stayed + i like Coman a lot!

negative would be that we didnt get Nastasic and a good wing/am (Shaqiri) type of player.

Lets hope Rabiot comes and Sturaro, Berardi and Boayke does really well and come to us a much better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)