so i end up at i think 5 out 10

no good enuff

but im no merkado experd

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
7/10 for me

- The only real transfer drama this season was Iturbe, which I thought was interesting but not at the price Roma eventually paid for him - would've been by far the most expensive player Marotta purchased and I just don't think he is worth it. Other than that we didn't really miss any opportunities (shame we didn't go for ATM's Luis before Chelsea paid the buyout - but we were never linked with him).

- We kept out profiles. Lets not sell this point short as no other club in the Serie A have been able to do this. I think it's a huge victory for us that Vidal and Pogba are still Juventus players.

- I like all our signings. The buyback clause detracts some praise from the Morata deal, but they simply were not willing to let him go without it so it had to be done. If Madrid use the clause we will make money, if not we got a very good talent for a relatively cheap sum of money.

- I disagree that we need another CB. Especially if we're going back to a back four we have more than enough quality to make it through - I disagree with the exaggerated opinions regarding Ogbonna and Bonucci, the latter is a quality player and Ogbonna will come good.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
4 or 5, go with 4 for not signing AM or winger for starting position. Anyone who says is big positive we kept Vidal and Pogba need remind themselves which club they support. Anyone voting above 6 in rating need to do the same.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
6/7 out of 10 as I have no real idea what Morata or Pereyra can achieve, apparently unlike a lot of people here. I don't know how good they really are, and they were our two most expensive signings. They aren't famous names or popular mercato links, but I've never given a shit about that.

I also don't know why the coach leaving is marked against the mercato, Conte made his decision and our mercato went on without him.

ravipiero

Mar 2, 2014
Its 6.5/10 for me, but its enough considering we are continuing from our record breaking seri-a campaign.

If we finished outside top 3 then its a different story.

+ keeping vidal and pogba
+ better bench players
+ several young and prospect players

- unable to strengthen defense
- conte to allegri transition

Target: seri-a title challenge + CL quarter final

With better sub player, we can also focus more on coppa italia since its the easiest competition we are in and it would feel good to get 10 titles before roma.

FuriaCeca

Jun 2, 2014
5/10 for me. Nothing changed since my last comment on the mercato about a month ago. We didn't get any player to improve our starting 11 in the 3-5-2 (Cuadrado, Cavani, Hummels, Marcelo,Falcao). And we didn't get any player in positions we need to be able to change formations (Isco, Cuadrado, Sanchez, Iturbe). The only positive thing in this mercato, in my eyes, is the Evra deal, since he will improve us a little bit in the 3-5-2, and is a player that can allow us to change somewhat to a back 4. Evra deal actually fullfills partly our objectives. To that you can also add coman as a positive. And that's just about it.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
There seemed to be no coherent strategy from Beppe and co, we were looking at wingers, attacking mids and prima punta's. Just seemed to be anyone that was surplus to requirements/cheap.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
There seemed to be no coherent strategy from Beppe and co, we were looking at wingers, attacking mids and prima punta's. Just seemed to be anyone that was surplus to requirements/cheap.
Yep, plus he failed to get a CB.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
There's alot of uncertainties with our transfers, on paper it looks sub par but it could turn into something very good or even worse. Time will tell and I'll judge them on the field.

The only real transfer I hated was Morata. I'm excited by Pereyra.

Donsazio

Feb 26, 2006
Bit underwhelming tbh. Don't really mind Morata coming in but for the same price as Liverpool paid for Balotelli....and the fact he has a buy back clause as well. Shame he injured his knee the day after signing would have loved to have seen him feature somewhat against Chievo as I haven't really seen him play.

IMO best transfer in was Coman, definitely one to watch for the future. Happy we got a LB but Evra is a really really short term fix, and don't particularly want to see Motta or Asamoah as his back up (one being absolute shite and the other much better suited as a back up for CM). Hope Coman gets loads of game time as the AMC in the 4-3-1-2 behind Tevez and Llorente

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Goals for this window:

• Keep Vidal ✔
  • Keep Pogba ✔
  • Lower average age ✔
  • Improve the attack ✔
  • Get rid of deadwood ✔
  • Save money for January (€20m) ✔

Hard to put a number on the mercato but overall i'm satisfied. We stand to sign a class player in january if any options appear..

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
4 or 5, go with 4 for not signing AM or winger for starting position. Anyone who says is big positive we kept Vidal and Pogba need remind themselves which club they support. Anyone voting above 6 in rating need to do the same.
definitely a 4 :agree:

- - - Updated - - -

or just versatile players that can cover those sort of positions, but again with no real added quality with what we had before their arrival

- - - Updated - - -

Goals for this window:

• Keep Vidal ✔
  • Keep Pogba ✔
  • Lower average age ✔
  • Improve the attack ✔
  • Get rid of deadwood ✔
  • Save money for January (€20m) ✔

Hard to put a number on the mercato but overall i'm satisfied. We stand to sign a class player in january if any options appear..
not really, the only 'deadwood' we sold was quagliarella and peluso, we still have the likes of jorge martinez, de ceglie, marco motta and isla on our books even if they are out on loan or in motta's case still at the club! so again marotta failed on this aspect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)