Mercato (1 = terrible, 10 = great)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
3/10

think I've made my opinions known at this point.

To sum it up:
Same issues from last year still not solved

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
PostIronic mocks other people, but doesn't say why he voted what he did. :sergio:
Damn you Völler. :andy2:

I voted 6 because:

A) we solidified our wingback spots, that have given us so much trouble the last couple years because of our lack of ability to rotate (Isla and Peluso as primary rotation options). If we continue with 3-5-2 as one of our formations we need fresh Wingbacks and with all the running they are asked to do, it's nice to be able to rotate them more often, as Licht and Asa are brilliant, borderline dominant when they are fresh, but looked terrible late last season due to overuse. 9/10 for this

B) Evra is a starter in a back 4, and a decent one, and Romulo is a great backup for Licht in a back 4. 8.5/10 for this

C) Coman on a free is brilliant, even if he only becomes a solid bench player. I think he offers something we were missing. Pace, and dribbling with the ball in attack. He's too young currently for raising my mercato score too much, as I think his real impact won't be seen for a year or two. 7/10 for this

D) I think Morata is actually a star in the making. I hate the buyback. Without the buyback, this mercato would probably be bumped up to a 7 or 7.5 for me as I think he is a future star and would be a 50mil plus rated player in the future here. As it is, he'll just be 10 mil profit in a couple years if he turns out amazing. 6/10 for this

E) Sturaro, I'm indifferent too. 10 mil if the numbers are correct is interesting for a player to be loaned out immediately. 5/10 for this

F) Pereyra. We overpaid by quite a bit. It's not like he's 20. He's 23, and really has not shown enough to be worth what we paid for him. I could be wrong, he could explode, but I just don't see it. 10 mil for him would have been great. Solid, versatile squad player. But 15-17 mil seems a little silly for that. 4.5/10 for this

G) We didn't sign an established winger, or an established AM. Hard to change formation to wing based play, or AM based play depending on an 18 year old in Coman, and Pereyra who really hasn't shown that he is of a level to allow for a formation change, especially in Europe. We did sign Coman and Pereyra who can both play as winger and AM though, so: 4/10 for this

H) Even worse, we didn't sign a CB to replace one of Bonucci or Ogbonna. Especially Bonucci. We should have sold him for cheap, and brought in Nastatic who was available from all reports. Or another promising young defender. Barzagli isn't getting any younger and injury woes seem to be bothering him more and more. We did strengthen both LB and RB positions in a back 4 though so: 2/10 for this

Overall 46/80

or 5.75/10 which I rounded to 6/10

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
what exactly did you have in mind
Check the discussion I had with Hustini.

It's exactly the same team as last year, with no real offense being the problem. Tevez being the only creative player, offense forced to go through Asamoah and Licht. Same thing this forum complained about last year. Somehow people just forgot about it and started raving about BS bench signings that will make no difference, especially in CL.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Check the discussion I had with Hustini.

It's exactly the same team as last year, with no real offense being the problem. Tevez being the only creative player, offense forced to go through Asamoah and Licht. Same thing this forum complained about last year. Somehow people just forgot about it and started raving about BS bench signings that will make no difference, especially in CL.
The tactics let us down last year, not the lack of a creative player (which we had already). The bloody formation was too weak in the CL.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
The tactics let us down last year, not the lack of a creative player (which we had already). The bloody formation was too weak in the CL.
What tactic change are you talking about? Any tactic change will not make a difference to improve offense. If we changed formation to 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-1-2 the only new players we'd get into the starting eleven are Evra on LB and god forbid Marchisio as trequartista/offense midfielder.

Mar 4, 2007
I voted 8. We needed a stronger bench and we got one. We also let go some dead woods. The starting 11 is just fine for now. Next year we should be in a better position to sign few world class players for the first team. After that only the sky is the limit. Good luck to us for a great year!.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
For me it's 7/10 !

I have big hope for Morata i think he might do great,but fuck that buy back clause :mad:

Even a lot of members don't like Pereyra , i think he is good addition to the team and is going to do good , i think he has potential !

Coman - Oh man,i don't want to jinx it , but i hope he is going to be another Pogba :tuttosport:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)