Mercato (1 = terrible, 10 = great)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
5/10

Coman is by far the best signing and hopefully he will turn out to be a 'Pogba'. Looks like we should stick to freebies because the rest sucks mostly. 20m for some unproven kid and with stupid buyback clause? :howler: And then on top of that 25m on two bench players?? Evra is ok addition.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Voted 6 ....but if the potential of morata and coman gets real i think we can safely get to an 8...

in fact i should have given a 7 just because we kept pogs and vidal

Monster Zero

Mar 2, 2014
It's dissapointing to admit that keeping our World Class players -Vidal and Pogba- in today's market is a success in and of itself.

I think our mercato was solid with Morata - unless he turns into Falcao within the next few years we shouldn't worry about that buy back clause.

And Im really excited for Coman, can't wait to see him develop throughout the season.

I give this Mercato a 7/10.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
I give it a firm 6/10

I had no expectations going into the summer mercato, as long as we kept Vidal and PP I was more than happy, which we did do.

I know we have hit a glass ceiling of what the club can make money wise until next summer and that limited us to what we could do. However, the fact that there was money spent and not spent properly is what bothers me.

Our first 11 needed a player with more creativity, it was there for all to see last season. Shaqiri or Sanchez should have been wrapped up pre-World cup. Was Morata at 20m really needed?

We chased players all summer and didn't get anyone. From Alexis to Iturbe to Lavezzi to Jovetic to Falcao to Hernandez, supposedly all got 'agreement with the player' but when it came to dealing with the club we got nowhere.

Conte walking out in the middle of July didn't help matters.

Coman looks like a potential steal, the Pereyra deal was unnecessary and the option to buy fee is ridiculously high for a bench warmer (and because it's Udinese you know we will pay), Evra is a decent enough buy.

Honestly at this point in time i'm more excited about Allegri's tactical versatility than about any player we have signed.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
It was obviously no more than a 4/10 mercato. It was just terrible. One of the worst in the last few years, definitely. We simply kept the same team as last year, hoping that players like Pirlo, Tevez, Pereyra, Coman, Pogba and Vidal can provide us creativity in Europe and open up defenses, while any sane person knows that that's a joke. It can maybe work in Serie A, but that's a shit competition.

I think we're really gonna have a long season.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Good to keep Vidal.
Good we bought Coman.
We have to see is Morata worth 20 mil.
Beppe did not fulfill his promise about another defender and striker.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
6/10.. It's not that good.. But the fact we kept vidal and pogba makes me give a 6.. Hopefully coman and pereyra prove to be very good players.. Morata has a stupid buyback clause and evra is on retarded wages... With shaqiri or lavezzi I would give it a solid 8 or 9

Jul 2, 2006
We have some nice options like Romulo and Pereyra(cost way too much) and a potential gem like Coman. Other than that it is a catastrophe.

Replacing Conte with Mister Il Gol di Muntari is enough to call this mercato a disaster. Not to mention reason of Conte's departure is unrivalled incompetence of Marotta when it comes to bringing quality.

Morata is ok as footballer but the way we signed him is ridiculous. Incredibly high price for an unproven striker and i don't even want to comment on infamous buy-back clause.

2/10 due to huge fuck up in Conte case and failing to increase quality despite spending 40 million euros.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
No Nastasic no Falcao... :lol:
Watch out. You're gonna have people saying to you that we never stood a chance with him, even though Marotta confirmed that we tried pursuing him. Imagine how the talks were like with this cheap tool.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
4/10

- We lost Conte and hired Allegri
- We got expensive bench players
- Morata and everything about that deal is so fucked up that you don't even know where to start complaining about it
- Evra is a good signing but him alone is not enough to change formation, the deal looks like Conte wanted him but when he left the whole idea fell apart, the management continued to get him but had no clue what is needed to complete the plan
- Coman being the only good thing about the entire summer lifts my grade a bit, otherwise it is a deep failing grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)