Paul Pogba (68 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
The point is Pogba was never like this for good teams as opposed to Dybala. And the point is the course has run out with Dybala, same story over and over again. And the hope is Pogba coming back under a good coach next season would bring out the best out of him again.
Your entire argument about how Pogba is only a moody and inconsistent because he plays for a bad team is so flawed for so many reasons.

1. If his Man United teammates are as bad as you think they are, it should be easy for Pogba to stand out. Instead he looks as mediocre as the rest of them.
2. Dybala has performed for Palermo, an actual bad team. Having bad teammates is not an excuse for jogging around the pitch and misplacing easy passes.

Bruno has not forced him out from anywhere. Pogba was playing further back long before he came.
Man United were languishing midtable when the team was build around Pogba in 2019/20, until Bruno came along in January 2020 and carried them to third place.

And unlike Bruno when Pogba was actually good for them they won trophies and he was by far the best player.
"Trophies" = Europa League and League Cup :lol:

Pogba was not even their best player during this time. Herrera was voted Man United best player in 2016/17 and De Gea was in 2017/18.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
All of tuz is obsessed with certain players.

@Bianconero81 - Dybala
@Post Ironic - Morata
@Kopanja - Bentancur
@Elvin - Chiello, old guard
@Lion - Kulusevski
@Hust - McKennie, Dzeko
@Alen - McKennie
@DAiDEViL - Bonucci, Costa
@Raphaël - Berna
@Arcticdaly - Ronaldo
@Badass Dybala - Paratici
@zizinho - Dzeko, Pogba
@IlCapitano - Pogba, Cavani
:agree:

@IlCapitano is a great poster. I just find his love for Pogba and obsession with bringing him back somewhat “mindbottling”

But like you said, we all have our strange obsessions. Me and my boy Alvaro:sheik:. I’m kind of annoyed with him right now though lol :shutup:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Your entire argument about how Pogba is only a moody and inconsistent because he plays for a bad team is so flawed for so many reasons.

1. If his Man United teammates are as bad as you think they are, it should be easy for Pogba to stand out. Instead he looks as mediocre as the rest of them.
2. Dybala has performed for Palermo, an actual bad team. Having bad teammates is not an excuse for jogging around the pitch and misplacing easy passes.
When I say bad team I don't mean bad individuals. United have obviously had some great individuals but the club as a whole is just bad and toxic. No leadership, no ambition, no clear plan.

Pogba has stood out and had great stats previous to last season but then that was not enough and it was called stat padding. And you want to call out someone for hypocrisy. :lol2:

Man United were languishing midtable when the team was build around Pogba in 2019/20, until Bruno came along in January 2020 and carried them to third place
See, I just love that you went there because once again I can prove you have no clue what you're talking about, you make shit up and I can use your logic against you.

This was Pogba last season before Bruno was acquired:

9TuOshW.jpg

Also did not play a single EL game until after the COVID break. So no, United were not languishing midtable because of Pogba. Or actually using your logic how we are bad this year because we're missing Dybala - United were bad because they missed Pogba. :weee:

"Trophies" = Europa League and League Cup :lol:

Pogba was not even their best player during this time. Herrera was voted Man United best player in 2016/17 and De Gea was in 2017/18.
"Trophies" > no trophies

OR if you like this more: "trophies" > those same competitions where Bruno and Ole have been eliminated 6 times in a row or something..:tup:

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
When I say bad team I don't mean bad individuals. United have obviously had some great individuals but the club as a whole is just bad and toxic. No leadership, no ambition, no clear plan.

Pogba has stood out and had great stats previous to last season but then that was not enough and it was called stat padding. And you want to call out someone for hypocrisy. :lol2:

See, I just love that you went there because once again I can prove you have no clue what you're talking about, you make shit up and I can use your logic against you.

This was Pogba last season before Bruno was acquired:

9TuOshW.jpg

Also did not play a single EL game until after the COVID break. So no, United were not languishing midtable because of Pogba. Or actually using your logic how we are bad this year because we're missing Dybala - United were bad because they missed Pogba. :weee:

"Trophies" > no trophies

OR if you like this more: "trophies" > those same competitions where Bruno and Ole have been eliminated 6 times in a row or something..:tup:
nice work their ... waw when someone love a player or a director ....

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Excuses excuses excuses

We don't have any ambition or a clear plan anymore since Tici took over as sporting director, but that didn't stop Dybala and Ronaldo from carrying Sarri to the Scudetto when the rest of the team (particularly the midfield) was a complete shambles.

All you make for this clown are endless excuses to why he has flopped.

This was Dybala's performance in 2019/20 while playing in front of a mediocre midfield and for a mediocre coach:

ZLPkD8j.png

Damn, I knew that Pogba was injury prone but I didn't realize just how bad it had become.

Anyway, Pogba was fit for most of 2018/19 when United finished in 6th place (while the team was build around Pogba).

United improved significantly when Fernandes arrived and took over his position as free-rooming midfielder.

Fernandes has made Pogba irrelevant. I don't care what second rate trophies Mourinho won with United half a decade ago.

AriG

Feb 17, 2019

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Excuses excuses excuses

We don't have any ambition or a clear plan anymore since Tici took over as sporting director, but that didn't stop Dybala and Ronaldo from carrying Sarri to the Scudetto when the rest of the team (particularly the midfield) was a complete shambles.

This was Dybala's performance in 2019/20 while playing in front of a mediocre midfield and for a mediocre coach:

ZLPkD8j.png

Damn, I knew that Pogba was injury prone but I didn't realize just how bad it had become.

Anyway, Pogba was fit for most of 2018/19 when United finished in 6th place (while the team was build around Pogba).

United improved significantly when Fernandes arrived and took over his position as free-rooming midfielder.

Fernandes has made Pogba irrelevant. I don't care what second rate trophies Mourinho won with United half a decade ago.
1st you need to explain how the team was 'built around Pogba' before you can be taken serious on this subject

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
I am not going to go in circles again with you. You're clearly just jumping from one made up thing to another.

Excuses excuses excuses
Again, what excuses? I never said Pogba wasn't bad or that his teammates are making him bad or that he is justified to be bad when his team is bad.

YOU made the comparison between Dybala and Pogba. I don't agree with Pogba's attitude or Dybala's attitude. I just made an important distinction since YOU compared them. And it is an important one. A world of difference between being bad in a disfunctional team and a good team.

And it didn't stop Pogba winning 3 trophies with them initially. But having Ronaldo and De Ligt and Chiesa didn't stop us from losing the Scudetto this year. Doesn't mean they're bad players.

Again, I am not. Pogba is not justified for being bad, you always want your players to be leaders. But again, you compared Dybala and Pogba and I pointed out a clear distinction between their situations. Doesn't mean Pogba is excused for not being good or that he didn't flop.

As I said previously, we need a Pogba (or Aouar) type in midfield more than we need a Dybala type in attack and that is why I'd choose Pogba along with previously stated reasons, but I have no issue with both of them being here if they're going to play well. I think the course has run out on Dybala here, but miracles do happen and him and PP did have good chemistry together.

So his second worst season at Juve? Sounds about right. Pogba had stats like that playing from midfield, but according to you (and you'd be right) that is a flop season from him.

Putting up stats while not winning anything is not an improvement on putting up stats and winning at least something no matter how many times you wish to repeat it.

took over his position as free-rooming midfielder.
Not going to address already proven lies anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think that the team was ever "build around" either Pogba or Bruno per se, but it was IlCapitano's argument that Man United was better when Pogba was good for them.

Anyway, that's beside the main argument.
No, my stated fact was that when Pogba was good United won trophies. You said they improved with Bruno, which is clearly false since they won nothing and Bruno choked every single big game they had.

Last edited:

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Where did I say Bruno is bad? Where did I say Pogba is real deal for ManUtd?

When have they ever tried to create a team around Pogba? Glazers don't care about anything but qualifying for CL, they didn't try to create shit. And if winning 3 trophies with Pogba to losing however many semi finals in a row with Bruno is failing then fuck me we're watching a different sport.

I never said Pogba has been great overall for them, I never said he has been better than Dybala here. My only point is that the Dybala-era is coming to an end IMO, it's time to separate for the good of both sides and we need a midfielder like Pogba. Hope is he will be rejuvenated here because he has always been good on good, winning teams. That is it.

I also never said it has to be Pogba. I'd be perfectly happy with Aouar or Zaniolo for example so pass me by with 'fanboi' comments please. As usual standards for winners are sky high but for career losers it's the bare minimum. When Pogba (and Mourinho) were winning trophies and having double-double seasons it was not enough, it was statpadding, underwhelming etc., but when Bruno (and Solskjaer) literally pad stats with record breaking PK numbers and lose a boatload of semi finals and KO games and elimination games while winning zilch that is great, progress, success.
I still don't understand how you try to make a case as if Paul weren't still there with Bruno.

I also want WC MF be our number one priority next summer, just NO Paul. I would also pass on Zaniolo after 2 ACL in a row... at least we can pull a Berna-Nicolo kind of deal

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
So his second worst season at Juve? Sounds about right. Pogba had stats like that playing from midfield, but according to you (and you'd be right) that is a flop season from him.
Pogba's best season statistically was 2018/19, when he scored 16 goals, but was also Man United's main penalty taker. Other than that he's been mostly reduced to single digit seasons in England.

Anyway, that's not the point because I don't judge players by statistics (especially not midfielders). Pogba has been a flop because he's never managed a consistently good season at Man United.

As for 2019/20 being Dybala's second worst season, if that is true, he must be some player, because his 2019/20 season was better than any season in Pogba's career.

And it didn't stop Pogba winning 3 trophies with them initially.

Putting up stats while not winning anything is not an improvement on putting up stats and winning at least something no matter how many times you wish to repeat it.
Please don't try to count the Charity Shield. Mourinho was mocked to the heavens for bragging about his "3 trophies" at Man United because nobody in England takes the Charity Shield seriously, it's a glorified Audi Cup.

Your argument about how Pogba is better than Fernandes because Man United won trophies when he was good for them, is as retarded as arguing that Dybala is better than Ronaldo because we were better when Dybala was good for us.

Do you see the flaw in your own logic?

As I said previously, we need a Pogba (or Aouar) type in midfield more than we need a Dybala type in attack and that is why I'd choose Pogba along with previously stated reasons, but I have no issue with both of them being here if they're going to play well. I think the course has run out on Dybala here, but miracles do happen and him and PP did have good chemistry together.
If we sell Dybala, we will need a new top forward who can score a goal every other game and can dribble in tight spaces. Dybala is much more difficult to replace than you think, as we have found out the hard way this season.

A replacement for Dybala will probably cost just as much, if not more than buying a quality midfielder.

But yes, Pogba would be a welcome addition to this team since he is obviously more talented than all our other midfielders. That said, he's not worth sacrificing Dybala for. Dybala has shown more value to Juve than Pogba has done to any of his clubs, and he's less injury prone. and he's just a better player to be honest.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Pogba's best season statistically was 2018/19, when he scored 16 goals, but was also Man United's main penalty taker. Other than that he's been mostly reduced to single digit seasons in England.

Anyway, that's not the point because I don't judge players by statistics (especially not midfielders). Pogba has been a flop because he's never managed a consistently good season at Man United.

As for 2019/20 being Dybala's second worst season, if that is true, he must be some player, because his 2019/20 season was better than any season in Pogba's career.

Please don't try to count the Charity Shield. Mourinho was mocked to the heavens for bragging about his "3 trophies" at Man United because nobody in England takes the Charity Shield seriously, it's a glorified Audi Cup.

Your argument about how Pogba is better than Fernandes because Man United won trophies when he was good for them, is as retarded as arguing that Dybala is better than Ronaldo because we were better when Dybala was good for us.

Do you see the flaw in your own logic?

If we sell Dybala, we will need a new top forward who can score a goal every other game and can dribble in tight spaces. Dybala is much more difficult to replace than you think, as we have found out the hard way this season.

A replacement for Dybala will probably cost just as much, if not more than buying a quality midfielder.

But yes, Pogba would be a welcome addition to this team since he is obviously more talented than all our other midfielders. That said, he's not worth sacrificing Dybala for. Dybala has shown more value to Juve than Pogba has done to any of his clubs, and he's less injury prone. and he's just a better player to be honest.
Not if Kulu steps up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)