Paul Pogba (110 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Pogba always has a few months each season where he looks world class. The rest of the time he is either walking or injured.

I still remember when Solskjaer initially took over at Man United (back in December 2018), Pogba had a spectacular few months he looked like the best midfielder on the planet, and after that he declined back to his normal level.

Everything that Dybala is criticized for (injury prone, inconsistent, moody, unfulfilled potential), Pogba has those bad traits turned up to another level.
Agree.

Plus with our current mess, the Galactico atmosphere that Tici and co. have created at this club, it's going to more or less the same here as well.

He's still a top class player but we're broke and we need to move on from this chapter imo.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Pogba always has a few months each season where he looks world class. The rest of the time he is either walking or injured.

I still remember when Solskjaer initially took over at Man United (back in December 2018), Pogba had a spectacular few months he looked like the best midfielder on the planet, and after that he declined back to his normal level.

Everything that Dybala is criticized for (injury prone, inconsistent, moody, unfulfilled potential), Pogba has those bad traits turned up to another level.
:agree:

It’s not even a few months this time. It’s literally 1 good match after an abysmal season lol.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012

There are some key differences here which you choose to ignore like usual.

1. Pogba plays as a DM (2 DM pivot) for them for 3-4 years now. Completely different position to where he is best. You cried like a baby when Dybala played slightly lower than usual under Allegri
2. Pogba became injury prone only under Solskjaer, like many other Utd players who were not before. Matić, Martial, Rashford, McTominay all missed more time under him than before in their careers combined. He is a dreadful coach, physical preparation is abysmal and has a history of forcing players back before they're fit to save his job. Pogba missed 20 games last season because he put him out there on a pouring night vs some 4th division team. Broke his foot that night. Rashford same a couple months later.
3. Pogba is moody and inconsistent in a bad team, no leadership, toxic environment most of the time etc. Dybala is moody and inconsistent in a team that up to a year or two back was a model organization, runs a very tight ship, protected him and pampered to him in every way. Dybala is spoiled, Pogba was never like this for us and was never like this for France.

EDIT: Oh yeah, one big part of the 2018 run you 'forgot' to mention. He was brilliant in the beginning because they played 4312 to start. Later Ole switched to 4231 and he tailed off again.

- - - Updated - - -

Are people pretending they watch United of all clubs regularly? I rarely watch them, like maybe 4-5 times a season, but when i do Pigba is one of their best players always. So either im really lucky to pick out his shiny performances or there is more to it maybe
I watched a large majority of their games last season because I was hoping Ole will be sacked and watch almost every game this season because of Cavani.

Whenever Pogba played more offensively, in his natural offensive 8 position he is very good to great. He was never the most responsible player and he cannot play deep and organize the team. He is a transition and finishing player, not an orchestrator.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
There are some key differences here which you choose to ignore like usual.

1. Pogba plays as a DM (2 DM pivot) for them for 3-4 years now. Completely different position to where he is best. You cried like a baby when Dybala played slightly lower than usual under Allegri
2. Pogba became injury prone only under Solskjaer, like many other Utd players who were not before. Matić, Martial, Rashford, McTominay all missed more time under him than before in their careers combined. He is a dreadful coach, physical preparation is abysmal and has a history of forcing players back before they're fit to save his job. Pogba missed 20 games last season because he put him out there on a pouring night vs some 4th division team. Broke his foot that night. Rashford same a couple months later.
3. Pogba is moody and inconsistent in a bad team, no leadership, toxic environment most of the time etc. Dybala is moody and inconsistent in a team that up to a year or two back was a model organization, runs a very tight ship, protected him and pampered to him in every way. Dybala is spoiled, Pogba was never like this for us and was never like this for France.

EDIT: Oh yeah, one big part of the 2018 run you 'forgot' to mention. He was brilliant in the beginning because they played 4312 to start. Later Ole switched to 4231 and he tailed off again.

- - - Updated - - -

I watched a large majority of their games last season because I was hoping Ole will be sacked and watch almost every game this season because of Cavani.

Whenever Pogba played more offensively, in his natural offensive 8 position he is very good to great. He was never the most responsible player and he cannot play deep and organize the team. He is a transition and finishing player, not an orchestrator.
How about his defensive work does he track back?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Are people pretending they watch United of all clubs regularly? I rarely watch them, like maybe 4-5 times a season, but when i do Pogba is one of their best players always. So either im really lucky to pick out his shiny performances or there is more to it maybe
I am worse. I don't watch Union at all and I still know Pogba is one of the best if not their best player.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017

All I read are excuses after excuses for a player who left us half a decade ago and has been a flop at his new club.

1. Dybala hasn’t played his best position (second striker) for a long long time now, not since his first season. He’s been moved around to attacking midfielder, right wing, inside forward, false 9, etc... and despite that his performances have been better than Pogba on average.

2. Pogba missed over two months because of a hamstring injury in 2017/18 under Mourinho, which is longer than every injury Dybala has ever had until his last one. Pogba is objectively more injury prone than Dybala.

3. A “bad team” that still has a number of players better than him, including Bruno Fernandes who has forced Pogba out of his favourite position by outperforming him. Dybala has performed in an actual bad team (Palermo), something that Pogba has never done in his career.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I'd be fine swapping Dybs with Pogba if Paul accepted the 10m/year offer we made to Dybala. Dybs most likely is leaving and Pogba would be decent value, it's not like we'll get a lot of cash for Dybala anyway.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
All I read are excuses after excuses for a player who left us half a decade ago and has been a flop at his new club.

1. Dybala hasn’t played his best position (second striker) for a long long time now, not since his first season. He’s been moved around to attacking midfielder, right wing, inside forward, false 9, etc... and despite that his performances have been better than Pogba on average.

2. Pogba missed over two months because of a hamstring injury in 2017/18 under Mourinho, which is longer than every injury Dybala has ever had until his last one. Pogba is objectively more injury prone than Dybala.
LMAO you are so full of shit.

Where did I make any excuses for him? I never denied he has been inconsistent and moody, I never said he has been better than Dybala or that Dybala has played in his natural position. He is just closer to it than Pogba over the last 3-4 years.

The point is Pogba was never like this for good teams as opposed to Dybala. And the point is the course has run out with Dybala, same story over and over again. And the hope is Pogba coming back under a good coach next season would bring out the best out of him again.

Bruno Fernandes who has forced Pogba out of his favourite position by outperforming him.
So so full of shit lol

Bruno has not forced him out from anywhere. Pogba was playing further back long before he came. And unlike Bruno when Pogba was actually good for them they won trophies and he was by far the best player.

Dybala has performed in an actual bad team (Palermo), something that Pogba has never done in his career.
Did we just find the thinnest straw someone ever held on to? :lol:

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
LMAO you are so full of shit.

Where did I make any excuses for him? I never denied he has been inconsistent and moody, I never said he has been better than Dybala or that Dybala has played in his natural position. He is just closer to it than Pogba over the last 3-4 years.

The point is Pogba was never like this for good teams as opposed to Dybala. And the point is the course has run out with Dybala, same story over and over again. And the hope is Pogba coming back under a good coach next season would bring out the best out of him again.

So so full of shit lol

Bruno has not forced him out from anywhere. Pogba was playing further back long before he came. And unlike Bruno when Pogba was actually good for them they won trophies and he was by far the best player.

Did we just find the thinnest straw someone ever held on to? :lol:
So MANU is a bad team ergo Bruno is bad even with 38 G+A so far in the season, however his teammate Pogba is the real deal.

They actually try to create a team around Paul, they failed hard doing that. BTW We haven't done the same with Paulo ever, just saying

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
So MANU is a bad team ergo Bruno is bad even with 38 G+A so far in the season, however his teammate Pogba is the real deal.

They actually try to create a team around Paul, they failed hard doing that. BTW We haven't done the same with Paulo ever, just saying
Where did I say Bruno is bad? Where did I say Pogba is real deal for ManUtd?

When have they ever tried to create a team around Pogba? Glazers don't care about anything but qualifying for CL, they didn't try to create shit. And if winning 3 trophies with Pogba to losing however many semi finals in a row with Bruno is failing then fuck me we're watching a different sport.

I never said Pogba has been great overall for them, I never said he has been better than Dybala here. My only point is that the Dybala-era is coming to an end IMO, it's time to separate for the good of both sides and we need a midfielder like Pogba. Hope is he will be rejuvenated here because he has always been good on good, winning teams. That is it.

I also never said it has to be Pogba. I'd be perfectly happy with Aouar or Zaniolo for example so pass me by with 'fanboi' comments please. As usual standards for winners are sky high but for career losers it's the bare minimum. When Pogba (and Mourinho) were winning trophies and having double-double seasons it was not enough, it was statpadding, underwhelming etc., but when Bruno (and Solskjaer) literally pad stats with record breaking PK numbers and lose a boatload of semi finals and KO games and elimination games while winning zilch that is great, progress, success.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
IMO it really comes down to the question of how much money Pogba would demand in wages. if it's a silly amount like Dybala reportedly is asking for, I'd pass. btw how much is he on currently? I've seen 15GBP, but is that net or gross?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
IMO it really comes down to the question of how much money Pogba would demand in wages. if it's a silly amount like Dybala reportedly is asking for, I'd pass. btw how much is he on currently? I've seen 15GBP, but is that net or gross?
Pogbas gross salary would be much lower though. Let's say they are both at 12M net, Dybala would be around 21M gross while Pogba would be around 15M. Players coming from abroad always have advantage here

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

3. A “bad team” that still has a number of players better than him, including Bruno Fernandes who has forced Pogba out of his favourite position by outperforming him. Dybala has performed in an actual bad team (Palermo), something that Pogba has never done in his career.
Dude’s just obsessed with MoneyDabHo for some strange reason. Endless excuses for the Underperforming flop.

ManU is undefeated in matches he doesn’t play this season. Which is the reason they are in second place with games in hand on City. Pogba has contributed literally zero to their campaign. If anything his shit form before this one match against Spurs is a big part of why they aren’t closer to City.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Last edited:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 93)