Paul Pogba (50 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Ah, the second Marotta hater enters the frame.

So when can we thank Raiola for bringing Mhkiryatan ?
I am not a Marotta hater at all where did you get that from? If I give a lot of credit to Conte for building this team, that doesnt mean that I dont appreciate Marotta's work.

I even said that I see the rationale behind the transfers from the last window even if they havent worked out yet the way I hoped they would.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I am not a Marotta hater at all where did you get that from? If I give a lot of credit to Conte for building this team, that doesnt mean that I dont appreciate Marotta's work.

I even said that I see the rationale behind the transfers from the last window even if they havent worked out yet the way I hoped they would.
From the raiola remark, its commen for his haters to suggest every succesfull marotta signing wasent his doing, thats why i tought

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
The club is growing financially with each passing year and if we keep winning the scudetto and reaching the QF for the next few years, the club's wallet will grow with it and we'll have more leverage in the market. Its not Fifa where you win the league then the double then the treble to progress. It might be slow progress but its progress given proportionate to the size of investment that was made since the new management came. Until we are big enough financially, we will definitely lose some great players who will want to earn more or win more. Its just how the world works.
Two things, one, read my post again. Nobody is using a video game as the base for an argument. We paid 20mil for an unproven striker, this is a simple fact. We might not have a lot but we do have some money. And many other clubs have proven again and again that within that price range they have found proven quality and sometimes with smaller wages.

And two, half the forum will disagree with you cause they believe Pogba will stay.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Two things, one, read my post again. Nobody is using a video game as the base for an argument. We paid 20mil for an unproven striker, this is a simple fact. We might not have a lot but we do have some money. And many other clubs have proven again and again that within that price range they have found proven quality and sometimes with smaller wages.

And two, half the forum will disagree with you cause they believe Pogba will stay.
The morata transfer had an element of risk and it seems thus far that it back fired but that risk persists more or less with any young player with a good name around. Morata was a young kid who always did very well for madrid whenever he was called upon. His competition was insane however so he had no chance to be a starter. We had to buy young players with promise and Morata fit the bill. He has not delivered yet and is still a question mark. At the same time, other transfers were risky and worked very well for us.

The same applies to any team who buys younger players. Shaqiri looks promising but could turn out shit. The same applies for Icardi. Belfodil back fired already. Immobile is still a question mark too. You can call it a bargain only in retrospect if the player comes good. Every transfer director has some bargains and some deals that turned out bad. I dont see Marotta doing anyworse than any other team around us. In fact, the Pogba deal is better than what any other director did except maybe tottenham with Bale and liverpool with suarez.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
The morata transfer had an element of risk and it seems thus far that it back fired but that risk persists more or less with any young player with a good name around. Morata was a young kid who always did very well for madrid whenever he was called upon. His competition was insane however so he had no chance to be a starter. We had to buy young players with promise and Morata fit the bill. He has not delivered yet and is still a question mark. At the same time, other transfers were risky and worked very well for us.

The same applies to any team who buys younger players. Shaqiri looks promising but could turn out shit. The same applies for Icardi. Belfodil back fired already. Immobile is still a question mark too. You can call it a bargain only in retrospect if the player comes good. Every transfer director has some bargains and some deals that turned out bad. I dont see Marotta doing anyworse than any other team around us. In fact, the Pogba deal is better than what any other director did except maybe tottenham with Bale and liverpool with suarez.
Well, more or less. Sure, when you take a risk it's only a bargain if he turns out good. The thing with Morata is that he had nothing to show for, if for competition at Madrid or whatever reason. It doesn't matter. It still comes down to how much we spent - we, a club that doesn't really spend that much on one player - and at what we were spending on.

Sure, we should always look for youngsters but we can't spend our biggest budget on an unproven (at least at some level) one that only seems slightly promising. He didn't look like a world beater then and still doesn't. It was a shot in the dark. Especially when nowadays anyone can look promising if they score a goal here and there.

And well, other transfers did not cost us 20mil, that's the difference. I thought after Krasic and Isla we had learned our lesson.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
From the raiola remark, its commen for his haters to suggest every succesfull marotta signing wasent his doing, thats why i tought
Nah I only meant to say that our interactions with Raiola has always been great for us. An agent does a lot in marketing his players. The good ones have people in the media that push favorable reviews to the top, make them good players on games, brings them to the attention of the scouts, offers them to clubs, get them sponsorships and basically market their clients. a good club does that for its player too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)