Paul Pogba (75 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Paul Pogba

6 Scudetti
6 CL (with Juve)
World Cup with Guinée
CAN with Guinée
World Cup final (lost to Ghana) with France
Euro with France
6 Golden Balls
1 Asian Cup of Nations with JuveJay's country
6 Ripley's World Records (most handsome footballer, most awesome footballer, most most footballer, most wow, most flair, most boom)
Retires at Juve, #6 untouched for 66 years.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Pogba needs a smiley.

- - - Updated - - -

1 Copa America with Canada :touched:

Buy on AliExpress.com

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Nooo, according CrimsonianKing no one knew about Pogba's talent and we simply had luck with his signing.

Also @CrimsonianKing why are you changing your story from that Pogba was gift for Nedved ( :lol:), to no one knew how actually talented Pogba is.
What the fuck? Some other member said that. Get your facts straight.

I shouldn't even bother to reply after that but here's a tip: Every year the Dutch, the Brazilian, the Argentine, the German and so on produce talent in abundance. Every year there are hundreds of talented and promising youngsters. Every year only a very select few make it. Talent is overrated. Anyone can be talented to some extent. And as i told Zach, every kid who becomes a professional is potentially promising. For one to say he KNEW Pogba was gonna turn out as he did by watching one or two matches is nothing short of bullshit.

But here's the thing: I think it's fair to say that no other club has found so many incredible bargains than we have over the past ~3 years. No one. Pogba, Vidal, Tevez, Llorente, Barzagli, even Lichtsteiner, perhaps Coman. I'm 100% certain, that if those around here who constantly complain about our Mercatos were fans of virtually any other team on the globe, they'd point to those deals and ask, why their club couldn't make such amazing bargains.

Have there been transfers that you can crisize? Yes, of course. But to downright slaughter our Mercatos and Marotta like some in here do (not really referring to you here), is completely uncalled for.
Fair enough. My main criticizing is on how much was spent on both Morata and Pereyra. Spending 20 and 17mil respectively when we could have used that money for a top quality striker with lower wages than both combined. Isn't Marotta a scavenger for loan deals and such. We could have found a CM just for this season, having added an almost certainty of goals upfront and better odds at CL level.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Fair enough. My main criticizing is on how much was spent on both Morata and Pereyra. Spending 20 and 17mil respectively when we could have used that money for a top quality striker with lower wages than both combined. Isn't Marotta a scavenger for loan deals and such. We could have found a CM just for this season, having added an almost certainty of goals upfront and better odds at CL level.
Pereyra is exactly one of the transfers I think it is fair to critisize, we overspent there in my opinion as well. I've said it two or three times already, one of the biggest failures of Marotta in my eyes is not getting Nainggolian.

With the Morata deal, I don't really find the 20 million itself a problem as I rate Morata's potential relatively highly, but the buy-back clause should it be activated.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
@zizinho ffs you're trying to tell me that a club like Manchester United, a very successful club in the 90's and known all over the globe for being great at producing their own players and their focus on young quality, professionals who have been working in the Football world for decades didn't notice how talented Pogba - not doing everything they could in their power to keep him - was but YOU did?

I'm done with this discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Pereyra is exactly one of the transfers I think it is fair to critisize, we overspent there in my opinion as well. I've said it two or three times already, one of the biggest failures of Marotta in my eyes is not getting Nainggolian.

With the Morata deal, I don't really find the 20 million itself a problem as I rate Morata's potential relatively highly, but the buy-back clause should it be activated.
Then we're talking the same language here. The only thing i disagree with is that i still find 20 million a problem for two reasons; One, i don't rate him that highly and two, imo he hadn't much to show why he was worth that money. But don't get me wrong, i understand in today's market players are very overpriced, and his price tag wasn't that high in that sense but when that kind of money comes out of our pocket it makes you wonder if we shouldn't have gone for proven quality instead.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
@zizinho ffs you're trying to tell me that a club like Manchester United, a very successful club in the 90's and known all over the globe for being great at producing their own players and their focus on young quality, professionals who have been working in the Football world for decades didn't notice how talented Pogba - not doing everything they could in their power to keep him - was but YOU did?

I'm done with this discussion.
i already told you they wanted to keep him. it wasnt even a question if he will leave or not up until March/April, we offered him to come here, United offered him to stay but he chose us. read the Pogba interview where he talks about him leaving. he said Ferguson was telling him to have patience but after he saw Rafael and Park playing in the midfield ahead of him he decided to leave

- - - Updated - - -

If Diego Costa can play for Spain, Paul can play for Canada. :stuckup:
that would make sense if Paul was playing for a canadian club and havent played for the France NT yet. or maybe FIFA will change its rules to allow Pogba to play for Canada. but winning the Copa America was funnier to me. maybe if he can convince Coman to join him then Canada would have a chance :D

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
i already told you they wanted to keep him. it wasnt even a question if he will leave or not up until March/April, we offered him to come here, United offered him to stay but he chose us. read the Pogba interview where he talks about him leaving. he said Ferguson was telling him to have patience but after he saw Rafael and Park playing in the midfield ahead of him he decided to leave
United failed to recognize his talent. Quite obvious, while Marotta and our scouts saw the fantastic potential that this kid could one day fullfil. I've read some of the posts on their forum, Pogba's thread is interesting one there, and Ferguson was snubbing youngster game after game, even bringing Scholes out of retirement when they were left short of midfielders. The fact that we invested 5m to acquire services of then 18 yo Pogba, that mostly played for United reserves, tells a lot about our mgt's expectations from him. Can't be called luck in any case, especially after string of great deals in the last couple of years and Coman as well seems to be on a way to become another superstar.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
we took a financial risk for Morata. 20M was more than half our budget last summer and we spent it all on one player. why? we obviously think he will turn out great. we arent stupid to spend most of our money on one player if we didnt think he will become worth it in the future. if Morata turns out great, a 30-40M striker, will you call it pure luck? will you say he was unproven and we didnt knew that he will become this good back then? correct me if im wrong but reading your posts i had the impression that you think our best signings were pure luck? thats obviously not true (sorry again if i misunderstood your point). i could agree if it happened once or twice, but after 3, 4, 5 or 6 such signings you have to admit that we know what we are doing. you say Tevez was troublesome but have you thought about the background story? i cant remember him causing any trouble at United, only at City where he wasnt happy for many reasons. if you as a club act professional towards him and respect him then he will do the same. ofcourse, a smart man like Marotta realized that and got a WC striker for 10M. you call it luck, i call it a typical Marotta "i cant believe no one wants this guy, is everyone retarded?" transfer. Vidal was 23 and already one of the best CMs in the BL wanted by Bayern. do you think that one was luck too? you could argue about Pirlo but then you read what Marotta said back then and you see we again knew what we were doing as we were buying Pirlo for a starting role and as one of our biggest signings that summer. some compare other freebies like Anelka, Lucio etc. with Pirlo but fail to realize that those were emergency depth signings when we didnt have any money left and the only thing they had in common with the Pirlo signing was 0€ spent on them. the Pogba transfer was a lot of Raiola as he probably told us to look at him but you say no one knew he was gonna turn out this way. well, i "knew". everyone who saw Pogba only once (be it youth game, friendly, league game etc.) "knew" he was gonna become atleast one of the best in his position. i "knew" it, i doubt guys like Marotta and Paratici who watched him constantly didnt know that. even Buffon once said that after he saw Pogba in training for the 1st time asked himself "are they blind in Manchester?" im telling you all of this simply because i can not accept calling the work Marotta has done so far as pure luck

i also noticed in one of your previous posts that you say Pereyra was unneeded and that Romulo was enough for that role. that is again false. all our summer signings were bought at a time we used the 3-5-2 still. Romulo was bought as a Licht backup, more precisely to replace Isla. we had Isla already last season and we still needed that 5th CM. with Romulo replacing Isla we would still need a 5th CM which is Pereyra.
Quality :tup:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Fair enough. My main criticizing is on how much was spent on both Morata and Pereyra. Spending 20 and 17mil respectively when we could have used that money for a top quality striker with lower wages than both combined.
name this top quality striker that is going to earn less than 3.7 million pls.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
ok, wikipedia is giving a different amount ( i know wikipedia whatever) and mine was euros

what is your source?

edit: and i think your source is gross salaries. mine was net

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
Paul Pogba

6 Scudetti
6 CL (with Juve)
World Cup with Guinée
CAN with Guinée
World Cup final (lost to Ghana) with France
Euro with France
6 Golden Balls
1 Asian Cup of Nations with JuveJay's country
6 Ripley's World Records (most handsome footballer, most awesome footballer, most most footballer, most wow, most flair, most boom)
Retires at Juve, #6 untouched for 66 years.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Pogba needs a smiley.

- - - Updated - - -

1 Copa America with Canada :touched:
Gold cup :D tho Canada would deserve to be invited in the Copa America with Paul.

- - - Updated - - -

Scratch that, with or without Paul.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 68)