Pablo Daniel Osvaldo (1 Viewer)

Paul Poker

Apr 7, 2013
What a strange character.
He sure is. When I see some of his goals though, I think that's a good thing. He tries things people don't expect.

Anyways, I'm seeing alot of stats being thrown around here and while that is legit, I'm only gonna judge him on his Juve performances. Whether or not it would be a terrible thing to buy him in the summer is something that'll make itself evident over the course of the next 6 months.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Bringing in a forward in January while we already have five can only mean one thing.

You cant be this pessimistic.There's a reason Conte requested for a striker despite having a 6 point lead in Serie A and its as mentioned above.
Conte disregards cups, he proved that time and time again, he prefers losing the cup, by fielding subs vs the strongest team, than risk losing his lead in the championship...
Conte did not ask it. We have a long long tradition, making such extremely stupid moves ever since we were relegated to serie B and long before Conte arrived.
Iaquinta, Quaq, Amauri, Matri, Vucinici etc, the pattern is the same, we use 15-22mil to buy a limited mediocre forward, prefarably Italian, or at least being hyped in Italy.
Aforward that is respected more for his efforts and the spectacle that he might create and less for his end result. So none of them was consistent, stable enough for the long run, or even had a one wonderfull season
scoring +20league goals.
The patterns repeats it self and the criteria is mediocrity...

We have suffered a lot because of such transfers. Such players cannot make thedifference on the field, they only serve to appease a certain type of fans, who are excited by the promise a new forward brings.
When the new shiny toy gets old, it is expelled like a garbage and most of the times, we lose, or the biggest part of our investment.
This deals heavy damage on our financial and prevents us of raising funds to buy top quality forwards.

In the past we made excuse for our selves, that we cannot afford such players, or that we cannot appeal to them because we dont fight for titles, but it should be beyond obvious by know, that it is our choice!

Paul Poker

Apr 7, 2013
This deals heavy damage on our financial and prevents us of raising funds to buy top quality forwards.
Erm, you do realize that you can't buy players as if they were slaves, right? You actually have to pay them wages and that heavily factors into our finances. So if we want to continue our long term project we have to be financially responsible and not blow our wage structure completely out of proportions. That of course limits our choices on the transfer market. So no, buying 3 players for 15m each does not, ffs, equal buying one for 45m. Not even close.

We have suffered a lot because of such transfers
Yep, suffered straight through two consecutive scudetti we did. Oh the humanity!

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012
So who is gonna be the first player that Osvaldo busts his face because not passing him the ball?

This troublemaker is not worth the risk, in my opinion. We will see but I hope at least this means that we are taking the EL seriously. Not for the money but winning it would be the base for success in the champions league. In serie A we have a winning mentality that gives an edge over our rivals. They fear us. We are lacking that in Europe. Winning the EL is the first step for achieving that.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
So who is gonna be the first player that Osvaldo busts his face because not passing him the ball?

This troublemaker is not worth the risk, in my opinion. We will see but I hope at least this means that we are taking the EL seriously. Not for the money but winning it would be the base for success in the champions league. In serie A we have a winning mentality that gives an edge over our rivals. They fear us. We are lacking that in Europe. Winning the EL is the first step for achieving that.
Lamela

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
At the very worst, the guy is here for 4 months.

That's it. 4 months. He's the 3rd best striker on this team, and if Vucinic can get over what has happened (which I can't see why he wouldn't. FFS, Pau Gasol has been mentioned in trade rumours every day for the past 4 years, and still goes out and performs like a professional), an Osvaldo/Vucinic partnership in the Europa League and matches where Llorente and/or Tevez need a break is a really really nice option to have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)