Official Azzurri (Italy) Euro 2008 Thread (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Actually, there is a citizenship requirement for immigrants and a native-born requirement for drivers licenses and passports that requires Americans to prove they know nothing about "soccer".

In fact, the test includes such questions as showing photos of David Beckham and asking who the person is. Correct answers include "Posh Spice's husband" and "The Herbalife guy" and "The greatest soccer player who ever lived on the planet, and he's from England, right?"

But say that he's good at set pieces still but lost his effectiveness as an end-to-end midfielder, and your application will be torn up and rejected.
:lol2:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Rafa has never trusted Gerrard with that central role. He excelled playing in the hole behind Torres last season, i'm sure he's going to continue playing there even if Alonso leaves.

On the De Rossi issue. I understand where your coming from when you say that Azzuri fans overrate Italian players, but i have to say i do agree with Lion about De Rossi he would start in most of Europes clubs.

I dont agree about Makelele, he was world class for a number of years, no doubt about that, but he's way past it right now, he didnt have a very good season for Chelsea, and De Rossi would start ahead of him without any doubt this season.(Heck even Mikel did):
I agree with you, but still De Rossi wouldn't start over Essien in my opinion. The latter is simply amazing.

Hmmm..... Kettle....

Andy, pm me new natw password
Welcome back Paul.

Actually, there is a citizenship requirement for immigrants and a native-born requirement for drivers licenses and passports that requires Americans to prove they know nothing about "soccer".

In fact, the test includes such questions as showing photos of David Beckham and asking who the person is. Correct answers include "Posh Spice's husband" and "The Herbalife guy" and "The greatest soccer player who ever lived on the planet, and he's from England, right?"

But say that he's good at set pieces still but lost his effectiveness as an end-to-end midfielder, and your application will be torn up and rejected.
:lol2:

That's it.

bruce arena owns juventus1897 :lol:
Bruce Arena was great but he made mistakes in the last World Cup, unfortunately.

Oh yeah, and he must know little about football because he's an American.

juventus1897

Sep 19, 2006
You know, Fred. People such as this guy turns the theory of evolution into a paradox.
Yeah, I'm the one who's insulting... because I said that I don't expect an American to know much about football (which to you is the same as saying "every American doesn't know shit about football").

I'm sure I hit a nerve with you there, but don't read anything into the things I say.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Lets go player for player then.

Buffon > Casillas

Ramos > Zambrotta

Puyol > Materazzi

Chiellini > Marchena

Capdavilla = Grosso

Iniesta > Gattuso

Pirlo = Xavi

Senna =De Rossi

Silva > Perrotta

Villa > Di Natale

Torres > Toni

Fabregas > Aquilani

Xabi Alonso > Ambrosini :lol:

Guiza > Borriello

So, what is the argument here?

Se acabo.
I don't know if anyone has addressed this yet but-

Grosso is a bit better than Capdevilla. It might not be saying much but, Grosso was one of Italy's best players, whereas, Capdevilla was seen as one of Spain's weak links.

This one might be debatable, if you're talking about form or class, but I think Pirlo is better than Xavi.

De Rossi = Senna? Hellllll NO! De Rossi is one of the best players in the world right now. Senna, I guess is good, but not even WC. Xabi Alonso and Xavi are better than him, just to name a few players from his own team.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Dude, I don't expect an American to know much about football. I've been to about half the states, and I stand by that statement. You call that an insult to your nationality then I guess you take sports way waaaaay too seriously.
that statement makes you sound much smarter than i originally thought you were

Mar 3, 2008

Grosso is a bit better than Capdevilla. It might not be saying much but, Grosso was one of Italy's best players, whereas, Capdevilla was seen as one of Spain's weak links.

This one might be debatable, if you're talking about form or class, but I think Pirlo is better than Xavi.

De Rossi = Senna? Hellllll NO! De Rossi is one of the best players in the world right now. Senna, I guess is good, but not even WC. Xabi Alonso and Xavi are better than him, just to name a few players from his own team.
I agree with the Grosso bit
And I agree that DDR is better than Senna, but t say DDR is one of the best players in the world is defiantely overrating.

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004

totally agree
grosso is better than capdevilla,xavi although an extremely very good player no1 compares to pirlo when on form and de rossi again better than senna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)