Official Azzurri (Italy) Euro 2008 Thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Plenty of sharks for Zambrotta and Cannavaro to get feasted upon.
:lol2:

HEADLINE NEWS:

Italian and AC Milan defender Gianluca Zambrotta was eaten by a shark at a South African beach. His companion in the national team, the Real Madrid defender jumped in the water to help his friend and got eaten by another shark.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If Lippi will return I wonder If you two will continue this mexican drama :D
Well I'll tell you what. If Lippi does return I'll probably get to watch better football when the Azzurri plays.

:D

HEADLINE NEWS:

Italian and AC Milan defender Gianluca Zambrotta was eaten by a shark at a South African beach. His companion in the national team, the Real Madrid defender jumped in the water to help his friend and got eaten by another shark.

I was going to write that headline.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Galliani: We are saddned by the loss of our promising youngster Zambrotta. He was set to have a bright future at the San Siro. We were planning to build our defene around him the next 10 years.

juventus1897

Sep 19, 2006
I said i rate Ancelotti high. He would be a very good coach for Italy.
Question is: Would he take the job. I'm not sure for how long he's gonna be tied to Milan. Let's face it, it's more of a question of availability. There are plenty of high class coaches who would fit the bill. Be it Lippi, Carletto, or even more of a risky choice like Spalletti or Prandelli.

Oh and let's not blame it all on Donadoni. I think the real people to blame are the one's who chose him. I mean who would refuse such an offer, especially when they make it sound like your home country needs you.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Question is: Would he take the job. I'm not sure for how long he's gonna be tied to Milan. Let's face it, it's more of a question of availability. There are plenty of high class coaches who would fit the bill. Be it Lippi, Carletto, or even more of a risky choice like Spalletti or Prandelli.

Oh and let's not blame it all on Donadoni. I think the real people to blame are the one's who chose him. I mean who would refuse such an offer, especially when they make it sound like your home country needs you.
I hadn't though about anyone but Ancelotti and Lippi for the job until now. Prandelli would be interesting....

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
He should have won much more when you look at the way he lost some things.

Milan had the best team in the world in 2004 and yet he failed miserably to La Coruna, after winning the first leg 4:1.
He lost a won CL final in 2005.
In 2005 and 2006 Milan weren't worse than Juve. I don't know why do you think we were definitely better. We had a better coach with tactics suited for a long championship, but quality wise they were just as good as we were and they were more complete than us. We won the 2 scudetti because we didn't have to worry about CL anymore, while Milan were still playing in Europe (if you ask the Milan fans they'll tell you we won because we cheated ).
Ancelotti should have at least won one scudetto in 2005 and 2006 but he failed.

About last year people say that Milan won the CL with a weak team and that Ancelotti brought them the CL, but if you compare Milan's starting XI from 2007 with any other starting XI in the world, you'll see that Milan weren't inferior to anyone. Actually, they were better than most of them and it's Ancelotti's fault (and Calciopoli) that they never ever threatened Inter for the scudetto in 2007.
Carlo is an excellent manager and those result you highlighted happen to a lot of managers like Fergie's United were 3-0 against Liverpool and drew 3-3, Lippi's Juventus were 3-0 up against Torino but drew 3-3. The Perugia incident was helped by weather conditions and lets bear in mind that that Juve side was not the best in the world.

You could make a point of him not instilling the kind of steelness into his team that its not over till its over like some managers do but my biggest concern is the players as regards to age that he would put out 4 the Italian team in wc 2010

1)Ballotta (45)
2) Panucci (37)
3)Maldini (42)
4) Ambrosini (33)
5)Cannavaro (35)
6)Nesta (33)
7)Del Piero (35)
8) gatusso(33)
9)Inzaghi (36)
10)Totti(33)
11)Pirlo (31)

Subs Toldo, Fontana, Materazzi, Negro, favalli, Zambrotta, Liverani, Zanetti, Tomassi, Toni, Chiesa, Flacchi and Montella

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Carlo is an excellent manager and those result you highlighted happen to a lot of managers like Fergie's United were 3-0 against Liverpool and drew 3-3, Lippi's Juventus were 3-0 up against Torino but drew 3-3. The Perugia incident was helped by weather conditions and lets bear in mind that that Juve side was not the best in the world.

You could make a point of him not instilling the kind of steelness into his team that its not over till its over like some managers do but my biggest concern is the players as regards to age that he would put out 4 the Italian team in wc 2010

1)Ballotta (45)
2) Panucci (37)
3)Maldini (42)
4) Ambrosini (33)
5)Cannavaro (35)
6)Nesta (33)
7)Del Piero (35)
8) gatusso(33)
9)Inzaghi (36)
10)Totti(33)
11)Pirlo (31)

Subs Toldo, Fontana, Materazzi, Negro, favalli, Zambrotta, Liverani, Zanetti, Tomassi, Toni, Chiesa, Flacchi and Montella
I don't think that Carlo is the one with the old fetish. I think it is Galliani or Berlusconi. Plus in a national team he doesn't have to buy players he can just select them for caps so he doesn't have to worry about those expensive youngsters.

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Abete: It's not a sacking...

Italian Football Federation chief Giancarlo Abete has dismissed talk of sacking Roberto Donadoni, but the tactician’s contract could become void.

Since the Azzurri dropped out of Euro 2008 after a heartbreaking penalty shoot-out against Spain, there has been intense speculation over the future of Coach Donadoni.

The Press are insistent that Marcello Lippi will return to the post and Don’s days seem to be numbered, but it seems that he won’t face the indignity of the sack.

“In the event that we didn’t reach the semi-finals and there wasn’t a mutual desire to extend, the contract is cancelled,” FIGC President Abete explained. “I don’t want to talk about any sacking.”

Donadoni signed a new contract until 2010 ahead of this summer’s trip to Austria and Switzerland, but there was a disagreement about a rescission clause.

“Roberto asked me before the start of the competition to go back to the original proposition without a rescission clause but with an automatic renewal if we reached the final four,” Abete recalled.

“We had set a payment of £700,000 for the termination of the contract, but Donadoni didn’t want that to be discussed so we removed it to allow him to work with tranquillity and as a show of faith.

“However, Don understood that I inserted the clause to safeguard the FIGC and he agreed to the spirit of our proposal, so the contract would be cancelled if both sides didn’t agree to carry on as we are within 10 days of the championship,” he concluded.

It now seems highly likely that Donadoni’s contract won’t be extended and the former Livorno man will leave the Azzurri bench by mutual consent, avoiding the embarrassment of a formal dismissal.

channel 4
-------------------------
So I guess it's safe to say he's leaving. :tup:

Oh, and Donadoni has said he won't demand any payment if they decide to find a new coach.

“I said no to President Giancarlo Abete’s proposal on the day that I agreed the new deal,” Donadoni explained.

“Financial matters don’t concern me. If he doesn’t want me to be the Coach any longer I will leave without asking for anything.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)