Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (67 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
:agree: too bad Pjanic is

"most definitely not WC" - Xturd©

though. :depressed
Haha so obsessed

Havent you embarassed yourself already in the Alves thread?

You went from saying Vrsaljko is not good enough for Juve to saying a ' 20M investment on him would pay off' just after we were linked to Alves.Dat backtracking :touched:

And then you were talking about some Elia gifs just to make a point :lol:

Stick to Bayern and Bundesliga.Your opinions are so clueless its embarassing.

- - - Updated - - -

Modric,Iniesta,Kroos,Silva,Özil,Pogba,Verratti,Thiago,Hames,De Bruyne,Willian.Off the top of my head.

Cream of the crop CM/AM's.Pjanic is not elite.

He's probably same level as Eriksen right now.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Haha so obsessed

You went from saying Vrsaljko is not good enough for Juve to saying a ' 20M investment on him would pay off' just after we were linked to Alves.Dat backtracking :touched:

- - - Updated - - -

Modric,Iniesta,Kroos,Silva,Özil,Pogba,Verratti,Thiago,Hames,De Bruyne,Willian.Off the top of my head.

You need to go.

- - - Updated - - -

If either one of you post again today. Perma ban.
I love the vagueness. Time zones and all. Adds an extra thrill, they're never quite safe.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Haha so obsessed

- - - Updated - - -

you are as good as ever when it comes to twisting words Cuspy, name change didn't help a bit. :touched:

about Alves and Vrsaljko...you didn't notice a slight hint of getting trolled right? so serious all the time. can't take a joke but loves to bitch about other users.

and thanks for showing again why you aren't a expert.

- - - Updated - - -

lol half of them arent even AMs
compares Willian to Pjanic - but i am clueless. love it.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
You guys talk like he's a classical TQ which he is not.He plays multiple positions so its only fair to compare him with other midfielders.Elite means being top 5 in your position and he's neither that at CM or AM.

And anyone who doesnt think Willian isnt an AM simply dont understand football or rather watch football with FIFA/PES lenses.

And DANiDEViL,your sarcasm is not funny.Please go.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
So now WC is being top 5 in your position? There are very few world class player then, 55 to be precise.

Also, the guy put up incredible numbers playing as a CM, some of the guys you mentioned couldnt even do it playing as an AM full season. if he isnt WC then there is only 1 WC mid in Italy

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
You need to go.

- - - Updated - - -

I love the vagueness. Time zones and all. Adds an extra thrill, they're never quite safe.
Yes I am considering taking a break.

Reading mercato rumors have become nauseating.

- - - Updated - - -

So now WC is being top 5 in your position? There are very few world class player then, 55 to be precise.

Also, the guy put up incredible numbers playing as a CM, some of the guys you mentioned couldnt even do it playing as an AM full season. if he isnt WC then there is only 1 WC mid in Italy
All those mids i mentioned are world class.

Lets look at Pjanic as only a creative mid and not an AM and you'll see he's below the names i mentioned.

Perhaps he's on the cusp of being WC ?He still needs to prove himself at elite level in big games.Stats alone isnt going to make him WC.If you think so then you have a very loose definition of WC.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes,there are only two WC mids in Italy-Marchisio and Pogba :)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yes I am considering taking a break.

Reading mercato rumors have become nauseating.

- - - Updated - - -

All those mids i mentioned are world class.

Lets look at Pjanic as only a creative mid and not an AM and you'll see he's below the names i mentioned.

Perhaps he's on the cusp of being WC ?He still needs to prove himself at elite level in big games.Stats alone isnt going to make him WC.If you think so then you have a very loose definition of WC.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes,there are only two WC mids in Italy-Marchisio and Pogba :)
Radja and Pjanic are both WC too, as well as Hamsik.

Stats wouldnt matter if they werent as impressive as Pjanics. Few players had such great seasons, and if you watched him play more you would realize hes a player capable of creating a goal out of nothing, be it a through ball or a 35 meters FK

Edit: Sami too

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
WC in some positions r very few, for instante DM, Goalies, AM and FullBacks r some positions were always would be hard to find a 10 WC list than mostly recognize as such.

May 22, 2007
Jun 6, 2015
Those are more demanding physically, but AM is demanding intellectually.
Pro-action is harder than reaction.
Not sure on that. You need more tactical knowledge and brains to play as a DM than to play as an AM. Playing AM you need more agility and natural ability like dribbling. Either way goalie is the most demanding position in my opinion because it's mentally so tough.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
As someone whose been watching Pjanic since he was a teenager, I have to say I always rated him very highly. He started out as a pure AM and sometimes even played on the wings for Metz back in the day. But ever since he moved to Lyon he's been playing mostly as a creative CM in a 3 man midfield; I guess he's mostly played a similar role in Roma as well.

In terms of the term "world class", I don't know it depends how strict or loose you are in using that term. For me, you have to be one of the best players in your position consistently over an extended number of years to be considered world class, and you must have proven yourself at the highest level too. I think Pjanic borders on world class, but I wouldn't be comfortable in giving him that label personally.

Also you can only really compare him to CM's, as that is the position he's played in the last few years. I don't think you can compare him to pure AM's like Ozil, Silva, Willian and the likes. It would make more sense IMO to compare him to players who play either the CM position in a two man or a three man midfield. I would say Iniesta, Fabregas, Pogba, Modric, Kroos, Vidal and Veratti are definitely better than him as CM's. Then its debatable whether the likes of Marchisio and Rakitic for example are as good as he is.

Obviously it is a little difficult when you compare him to other players who are CM's for the most part but play a different role like Vidal, Kroos, Veratti and Marhcisio. Those players while being CM's for the most part are not always CM's that are responsible for scoring and/or assisting a lot of goals, and generally would play a more defensive role than Pjanic does.

Comparisons in the CM position IMO are very complicated, it isn't as straightforward as comparing attackers, or comparing centerbacks for example, because there is such a wide variety for roles a CM can play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 62)