Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
And they have been very mediocre for the following two seasons.
in that respect, they were mediocre even with cavani. they never really challenged for the title.

higuain would leave on a stratospheric fee. they will have the means to strengthen their defensive department. they'll remain being napoli, they'll choke again, but i expect them to fight for the podium again. i wouldn't call that 'falling apart'.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It is, but the years before that they've undeniably been weaker than with Cavani.

They might be stronger off in the long run, but not in the short.

"Falling apart" is too much though.
Best season in league only.

They got knocked out of the Rof32 in Europa.

They got knocked out of Coppa Italia QFs.

And still finished 9 points off the top.

This is the first time they've qualified for Champion's League since Cavani left. I'd say that means they fell off the pace with his sale. It's taken them 3 years to get back to where they were with him leading their attack.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
From Redcafe :

Laporte, Stones, Gundogan and Sane. Heck of a statement if they grab all of them, it'll make them the team to beat next season IF Gundogan gets fit. Also takes two of the very few top CB's off the market...
:stupid:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
How would a brexit affect the epl? @JuveJay
Considering how easy it is for non-EU players to currently get work permits I'd guess that it wouldn't affect many signings, especially not international players, who the PL clubs can obviously afford.

It might mean a reduction in the number of foreign players, so perhaps less stacking of players in certain squads. As for investment I really don't know, politicians don't really know, they each spin it whatever way they desire. Potentially it could put off overseas investors in the short term.

It might be interesting to see how well the pound does against the euro in the next few years, were it to happen. As it is it's doing poorly, and there is no let up in Premier League buying of players from Eurozone countries.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Considering how easy it is for non-EU players to currently get work permits I'd guess that it wouldn't affect many signings, especially not international players, who the PL clubs can obviously afford.

It might mean a reduction in the number of foreign players, so perhaps less stacking of players in certain squads. As for investment I really don't know, politicians don't really know, they each spin it whatever way they desire. Potentially it could put off overseas investors in the short term.

It might be interesting to see how well the pound does against the euro in the next few years, were it to happen. As it is it's doing poorly, and there is no let up in Premier League buying of players from Eurozone countries.
:tup: doumo

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Best season in league only.

They got knocked out of the Rof32 in Europa.

They got knocked out of Coppa Italia QFs.

And still finished 9 points off the top.

This is the first time they've qualified for Champion's League since Cavani left. I'd say that means they fell off the pace with his sale. It's taken them 3 years to get back to where they were with him leading their attack.
2nd time actually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)