Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (89 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
As someone whose been watching Pjanic since he was a teenager, I have to say I always rated him very highly. He started out as a pure AM and sometimes even played on the wings for Metz back in the day. But ever since he moved to Lyon he's been playing mostly as a creative CM in a 3 man midfield; I guess he's mostly played a similar role in Roma as well.

In terms of the term "world class", I don't know it depends how strict or loose you are in using that term. For me, you have to be one of the best players in your position consistently over an extended number of years to be considered world class, and you must have proven yourself at the highest level too. I think Pjanic borders on world class, but I wouldn't be comfortable in giving him that label personally.

Also you can only really compare him to CM's, as that is the position he's played in the last few years. I don't think you can compare him to pure AM's like Ozil, Silva, Willian and the likes. It would make more sense IMO to compare him to players who play either the CM position in a two man or a three man midfield. I would say Iniesta, Fabregas, Pogba, Modric, Kroos, Vidal and Veratti are definitely better than him as CM's. Then its debatable whether the likes of Marchisio and Rakitic for example are as good as he is.

Obviously it is a little difficult when you compare him to other players who are CM's for the most part but play a different role like Vidal, Kroos, Veratti and Marhcisio. Those players while being CM's for the most part are not always CM's that are responsible for scoring and/or assisting a lot of goals, and generally would play a more defensive role than Pjanic does.

Comparisons in the CM position IMO are very complicated, it isn't as straightforward as comparing attackers, or comparing centerbacks for example, because there is such a wide variety for roles a CM can play.
How you feel about getting Morata

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
How you feel about getting Morata
Well it really depends.

With the current status; since I'm resigned to the fact that Wenger will be managing us next season, and that if we're lucky he might make a few signings that will improve us; I think Morata is a certain upgrade over the extremely frustrating Giroud. I can't believe we've had to put up with the latter as our main striker for four years, tells you a lot really.

Personally, I think we should be a little more ambitious with the kind of money we have lying around, but I know that's not going to happen.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Napoli
-Udinese willing to sell them Zielinski for €15m
-Agreement made with Sassuolo and Vrsaljko, just waiting on if Atletico's offer
-Agreement made with Herrera, have to negotiate down from Porto's €25mil demand

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/eng/napolis-transfer-window-from-zielinski-to-herrera/

On top of Tonelli, they'd be making some strong moves if they could get these sorts of deals completed.
How the fuck do they manage this shit? Such astute moves. It's amazing.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Im not sure we will get him as I read here than he doesent prefer to be loaned out (we wanted to include him in the Berardi deal apparently), so Napoli is a more likely option
Hmm... I'd rather us including some players for Berardi's deal instead of a full 25M sum.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently he's more convinced he would get game time for Napoli so prefers them to Juve.
He should have a chat with Gabbiadini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 85)