nike kits shown... (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
My sincere opinion,,all of our last kits were awfull,, that sony kit of the 1996/97 season i think, the one that we used in thr final against madrid,,,was very very ugly, i dopnt know ehy you praise that kit so much.

IMO, the best and very good looking one, was our last lotto kit.

The nike is not so good.

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
I think last year's kit was one of the best we have ever had, especially the white one. I am against the idea of pink, it isn't proper to wear a pink shirt on a football pitch. We won't look serious with that colour, and football is serious stuff.
The black and white shirt is awful, no way near the class of last years. One could think a four year old had made it. I don't know how much time they spent on it but I think they have made it too sterile. If they want to make simple on why don't they just copy the shirts from the 80's.
I am truly dissapointed.
http://www.teamdirect.at/newkits.jpg

Tacca03

May 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
My sincere opinion,,all of our last kits were awfull,, that sony kit of the 1996/97 season i think, the one that we used in thr final against madrid,,,was very very ugly, i dopnt know ehy you praise that kit so much.

IMO, the best and very good looking one, was our last lotto kit.

The nike is not so good.
Yeah, our last home jersey was good too.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++
I think last year's kit was one of the best we have ever had, especially the white one. I am against the idea of pink, it isn't proper to wear a pink shirt on a football pitch. We won't look serious with that colour, and football is serious stuff.
The black and white shirt is awful, no way near the class of last years. One could think a four year old had made it. I don't know how much time they spent on it but I think they have made it too sterile. If they want to make simple on why don't they just copy the shirts from the 80's.
I am truly dissapointed.
http://www.teamdirect.at/newkits.jpg
that's awful! where's the sponsor?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
well lets see at the positive side....how do you think that this mike deal can benefits juve??

part of the money earned in the sell of the shirts will go to juve right??.

here uin my country...the most famous brand is nike, and it looks like this time, ill see a lot of juve shirts in the stores (because no one here sells lotto).

i hope a great income.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
That shade of pink in the pic looks awful !! It almost looks to have a shade of orange in it as well !!

If you look at Buffon's GK shirt from this season, that pink looks good.

Nike will surely f@#K this whole thing up !!!

Nike knows 2 sports : running and basketball, they should be outlawed from selling soccer merchandise

You want classy ?? Look at KAPPA and ADIDAS !!!!

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
There is some good news about the pink kit, it isn't finished - they still have to place the little frilly bits on the sleeves and a nice flower design woven it to the shirt. Cool.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
Well,
Majed, youve gotta tell me you dont like this kit.
i can't believe all of your responses about this new kit.

putting aside nike's inhuman labor methods, i'm only gonna focus on the jersey design and how it effects juve.

well, sorry, i'm not gonna tell you i hate it because i think it's one of the classiest looking juve jerseys in a long time.

Juve have had superb kits all the way till the 2000 season, until we got that silly ciaoweb design. And i actually bought that jersey as well and infact it wasnt all that bad. Then we had lotto, who did a neat job with the jerseys in the 1st year. And completely made a hash of it for the 2003 season(which I'd rather wear over the nike).
i agree, ciaoweb was one of the worse juve jerseys EVER. the sponsor logo was everywhere, we had different sponsors for every league (ciaoweb & TELE+ in serie A; lotto & sportal.com in the cL and Coppa)
The year after, the 01-02 jersey looked better and neat. we had the collar as juve usually does, we want back to our traditional white shorts and socks and things looked neater. (except we looked like walking advertisements!! :groan: with the lotto logogs everywhere)
The 02-03 was a step backwards. they tried to immitate the success of the 97/98 jerseys by trying the think stripes again with black shorts and socks, but it didn't look right because it was over-designed!! i admit the idea of the jersey looking like the juve logo is smart, but they over did it. this is not even mentioning the terrible fabric lotto used (it felt like an onion bag!!! ) the collar looks so bad too. anyway, the 02-03 kit is OK but it could easily be a lot better. anyway, i bought the whole kit (shirt, shorts, and socks) for a lot of money and i didn't even wear it much because it doesn't feel right. and now, the kit is hanging on the wall of my room!!

back to the 90's:
99-00 The jersey was very nice but not many people mention it now because it brings back sad memories of juve's unsuccessfull season and when we were in the intertoto.

98-99 the red numered jersey: apart from the red numbers, i think this kit is awesome. the jersey very classy and simple. it doesn't look like an advertisement board! the collar was fantasic and the fabric was amazing too.

97-98: this year called for a temporary change in style to celebrate the 100th aniversary. anyway, kappa's design was successful and the jerseys were one of the best ever even though they were not the familiar thin stripes and juve wore black shorts and socks "officially" for the first time. The pink 3rd kit was kewl too because it brought back a little history for the special occasion.
the home kit was a great balanced combination of simplicity and innovation.

96-97 the year we won the CL: this kit was OK.

But trust me on this one, Nike is probably the worst sponsor to have if ur a football team. They have the dullest most boring designs, and whats more is they experiment a lot, for their own future. And they experiment on big teams so that they get the response from the large number of ppl who follow big teams.
wooooow!!! easy on the generalizations!! how are they the worst!!?!?
you confuse being dull with being classy and elegant. do you see ARMANI suites will so many stiches, button, flaps, .....of course NOT!! because it's elegant.
i dont know why you want the juve jerseys too look like Campos's WC 1994 GK kit?!
juve this season looked like a 3nd devision team with all the colors and logos on the jersey.

The worst part is, we've signed them for 12 freaking years....WHAT WERE WE THINKING?
[/QUTOE]
take it easy buddy, it's not the end of the world!!

They want a say in everything a team does. Just look at Brazil's national team. Nike actually had a say in who they shud pick.
who said!?! that's BS!! can you prove it?!!

There was even a rumour that they wanted to call Juve's new stadium the "Nike" stadium. Although im sure they wont push their luck at an organised club like Juve.
you said it yourself: "rumour" :rolleyes:

You gotta admit, we're going to have some sub standard jerseys for some years to come now.
how does you not liking the kit make it sub-standard!!?!?!?! :rolleyes:
i dont see any holes in new nike kits. i think nike kits in general are pretty good. i like the innovative mesh. i dont know how much heat difference it make (i dont really believe all the BS in ads), but i do think that it makes the kit more comfortable.

Probably until we get Kappa or Adidas. All this frustration is coz nobody likes their team to look ugly on the field. Dont u agree? :down: :down: :down:

i guess that's your opinion.....and i can't force you to change your tastes, so i'll respect it.

but you can't go assuming so many things just because the kit is made by nike!?!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Holden ] ++
There is some good news about the pink kit, it isn't finished - they still have to place the little frilly bits on the sleeves and a nice flower design woven it to the shirt. Cool.
get a life guys.....
you care too much about whay people might think of it!

how can you repsect juve if you dont respect their history!?!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I loved the last design with the logo form , black shorts amd big stripes (because i hate, hate the thin stripes, we look like a bunch of prisoners with new uniforms:the stripes are vertically instead of horizontally). For me, it was a almost perfect kit. Just my taste.

To tell you the truth majed,,, this new kit is not so ugly after all, the mech is something that i was waiting for, and i hope that with good sponsors, it will look better. Thin stripes,? well, what i can do, is the juve style.
The pink kit?..well it will looks gay definitely,,but looking at the positive side,,,is a different kid of colour, and it will be interesting to see how the players wil look =). And it have a n storical factor too.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
I loved the last design with the logo form , black shorts amd big stripes (because i hate, hate the thin stripes, we look like a bunch of prisoners with new uniforms:the stripes are vertically instead of horizontally). For me, it was a almost perfect kit. Just my taste.

To tell you the truth majed,,, this new kit is not so ugly after all, the mech is something that i was waiting for, and i hope that with good sponsors, it will look better. Thin stripes,? well, what i can do, is the juve style.
The pink kit?..well it will looks gay definitely,,but looking at the positive side,,,is a different kid of colour, and it will be interesting to see how the players wil look =). And it have a n storical factor too.
another positive side:
We can go out wearwing whataver we want and we'll beat the heck out of any team. if they say anything, we can answer back: "Well, we are a pink team and you may call us sissys, but at least we didn't lose to a pink team! "

At the end, ill buy it anyways.

same here with any juve jersey :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)