nike kits shown... (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
OK OK i have to admit it...our shirt is good.

Some minutes ago i was cheking the uniforms again....and some friends(AC Milan) of my sister were bothering her because she said that we are going to use pink shirts.

I was here on my pc listening all of them laughing. Jajaj i was like "oh no!!".

Then she carried all of them to the pc, in other words , HERE.

Their first reaction about the pink one was....Like :

"..................mmmm, we though that it was more pinkier. Is a soft pink, and looks very good".

After that, they leaved:cool:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
OK OK i have to admit it...our shirt is good.

Some minutes ago i was cheking the uniforms again....and some friends(AC Milan) of my sister were bothering her because she said that we are going to use pink shirts.

I was here on my pc listening all of them laughing. Jajaj i was like "oh no!!".

Then she carried all of them to the pc, in other words , HERE.

Their first reaction about the pink one was....Like :

"..................mmmm, we though that it was more pinkier. Is a soft pink, and looks very good".

After that, they leaved:cool:
i dont want to burst your bubble, but the the color is more oinking than the pic i posted (because the scanner sucks)

:D

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

i can't believe all of your responses about this new kit.

putting aside nike's inhuman labor methods, i'm only gonna focus on the jersey design and how it effects juve.

well, sorry, i'm not gonna tell you i hate it because i think it's one of the classiest looking juve jerseys in a long time.

i agree, ciaoweb was one of the worse juve jerseys EVER. the sponsor logo was everywhere, we had different sponsors for every league (ciaoweb & TELE+ in serie A; lotto & sportal.com in the cL and Coppa)
The year after, the 01-02 jersey looked better and neat. we had the collar as juve usually does, we want back to our traditional white shorts and socks and things looked neater. (except we looked like walking advertisements!! :groan: with the lotto logogs everywhere)
The 02-03 was a step backwards. they tried to immitate the success of the 97/98 jerseys by trying the think stripes again with black shorts and socks, but it didn't look right because it was over-designed!! i admit the idea of the jersey looking like the juve logo is smart, but they over did it. this is not even mentioning the terrible fabric lotto used (it felt like an onion bag!!! ) the collar looks so bad too. anyway, the 02-03 kit is OK but it could easily be a lot better. anyway, i bought the whole kit (shirt, shorts, and socks) for a lot of money and i didn't even wear it much because it doesn't feel right. and now, the kit is hanging on the wall of my room!!

back to the 90's:
99-00 The jersey was very nice but not many people mention it now because it brings back sad memories of juve's unsuccessfull season and when we were in the intertoto.

98-99 the red numered jersey: apart from the red numbers, i think this kit is awesome. the jersey very classy and simple. it doesn't look like an advertisement board! the collar was fantasic and the fabric was amazing too.

97-98: this year called for a temporary change in style to celebrate the 100th aniversary. anyway, kappa's design was successful and the jerseys were one of the best ever even though they were not the familiar thin stripes and juve wore black shorts and socks "officially" for the first time. The pink 3rd kit was kewl too because it brought back a little history for the special occasion.
the home kit was a great balanced combination of simplicity and innovation.

96-97 the year we won the CL: this kit was OK.

wooooow!!! easy on the generalizations!! how are they the worst!!?!?
you confuse being dull with being classy and elegant. do you see ARMANI suites will so many stiches, button, flaps, .....of course NOT!! because it's elegant.
i dont know why you want the juve jerseys too look like Campos's WC 1994 GK kit?!
juve this season looked like a 3nd devision team with all the colors and logos on the jersey.

who said!?! that's BS!! can you prove it?!!

you said it yourself: "rumour" :rolleyes:

how does you not liking the kit make it sub-standard!!?!?!?! :rolleyes:
i dont see any holes in new nike kits. i think nike kits in general are pretty good. i like the innovative mesh. i dont know how much heat difference it make (i dont really believe all the BS in ads), but i do think that it makes the kit more comfortable.

i guess that's your opinion.....and i can't force you to change your tastes, so i'll respect it.

but you can't go assuming so many things just because the kit is made by nike!?!

Majed,
You got it right, you cant change my tastes and you respect that, which is why I wont go in to the intricacies of whats elegant and whats not . From the way i see it, you seem to think that Nike is a brilliant sponsor to have for a football team. Apart from the cheap in human labour methods they use....I personally just feel that they are anything but that. I think theyre the most overrated sports company. They experiment way way too much for their own good. No!!! I dont want to see a multicoloured jersey either. But yea one things for sure....this ones nething but classy, please GIMME A BREAK! And yes, i dunno where you reside but here in India the bbc had a whole month of programming showing how the brazillian confederation was a puppet for the US giants who pumped in all the funds. AND had a say in which players made the team (nike sponsored). Its pretty interesting how you arent aware of this. However as for nike naming Juve's new stadium...chek this out.
http://translate.google.com/transla...agnelli+nike+juve&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
:rolleyes:

And yes, there are no assumptions made about the kit just because its made by nike, I will eventually buy the black and white kit again this year , as i do each year. But the point is, me not liking the kit doesnt make it substandard, LOOK AT THE FKG KIT, and ull realise for urself.....soon enough.....REALLY HONESTLY.....is this kit, better than ne kit kappa ever made for us? A bad kappa kit, will kick the best nike kit!!!
And i suggest you look at some of the kits Nike have made for barca and inter in the recent past,:yuck: you'll know exactly what i mean.

P.S: Do read some other posts on this thread too, and you'll see quite a few ppl agree, we dont need a sponsor like nike. For love or money..... :cool: ;)

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
...I quite like :) Certainly I will wear it, not just because pink is my colour ;)

And frankly, although I like the solid white away kits better, any question of manliness will certainly be decided on the pitch, not on the shirts.

My only concern is that the pink may clash with the red in the tricolore shield. That might need to be work out for next year's kit. (If you get my meaning.) (My meaning is that we will win the scudetto again.)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

i suggest you look at some of the kits Nike have made for barca and inter in the recent past,:yuck: you'll know exactly what i mean.
I quite like the Barca kit, as a matter of fact I bought a new third last year (blue and Red, similar to that of River-Plate).:cool:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
No doubt jun, the centenary barca kit was nice.
But the away gold kit was such a farce....then they even tried something in silver for barca which was equally dirty to even look at.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Guys,
Since we know the basic look of the jersey.
ive added some detail( i.e sponsor, shield etc) so we know exactly wat to expect...
What do u yall think? :mute:

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
No doubt jun, the centenary barca kit was nice.
But the away gold kit was such a farce....then they even tried something in silver for barca which was equally dirty to even look at.
Yeah I agree,:). Even though, I had to ask shop-keeper several times whether centenary Barca was actually real at beginning.:D

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
Guys,
ive added some detail( i.e sponsor, shield etc) so we know exactly wat to expect...
I've changed my mind, I like it :D

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
For the record, I have nothing against pink. I just think the shade that Nike has chosen is bad, and Nike's style SUCKS !!!!!!!

Please bring back Kappa (12 years later !!)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Guys,
I would prefer if the scudetto shield or the juve badge was put on the sleeve, i hate the way lotto did it last year it makes the front of the jersey to detailed and doesn't look nice.
The way kappa did it was much better! but i think i can change that my self if that is he way it turns out...im very good at sewing and editing jerseys the way i like them :D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

Majed,
You got it right, you cant change my tastes and you respect that, which is why I wont go in to the intricacies of whats elegant and whats not . From the way i see it, you seem to think that Nike is a brilliant sponsor to have for a football team.
i dont think it's brilliant and i dont think it's better than Kappa or Adidas, but it is better than the rest.

Apart from the cheap in human labour methods they use....I personally just feel that they are anything but that. I think theyre the most overrated sports company. They experiment way way too much for their own good.
the purpose of experimentation is to improve right?! so how is this not good for juve.... BTW, what experimentation are you talking about?!!?! i dont see juve wearing alpha versions of shirts or new fabric from outter space?! :rolleyes:
please elaborate on experimentation some more, because this really sounds interesting.

i dunno where you reside but here in India the bbc had a whole month of programming showing how the brazillian confederation was a puppet for the US giants who pumped in all the funds. AND had a say in which players made the team (nike sponsored). Its pretty interesting how you arent aware of this.
i'm sure every big comoany in the world is gonna excercise some degree of bigness and manipulation, but i doubt a team like Nike can control juve. maybe the Brazilian national team can be controled because of the lack of funds, but juve is nothing like that....

ok?! so?! they did not agree?! i dont see the problem with this?!! if juve does agree, and nike is gonna pay for it, then so be it!
i dont see how this is control?!! if two companies meat with each other and discuss contract clauses, then i dont see how this is control if juve can simply say: "NO!!"
Juve is not forced to do anything, i'm not a nike representative or lawyer, but if juve agrees, then juve are the idiots in this case and they should be blamed, not nike!!!
nike just made the proposal..

And yes, there are no assumptions made about the kit just because its made by nike, I will eventually buy the black and white kit again this year , as i do each year. But the point is, me not liking the kit doesnt make it substandard, LOOK AT THE FKG KIT, and ull realise for urself.....soon enough.....REALLY HONESTLY.....is this kit, better than ne kit kappa ever made for us? A bad kappa kit, will kick the best nike kit!!!
i do look at the kit and dont think it's substandard.
your arguments lack any form of logic!!
just because Kappa is way up there and they are the best of the best, if Nike isn't as good as Kappa, does that mean that nike is "substandard" ?!?!!??!?!?! :rolleyes:

This might help you understand:
Kappa = Lexus
Nike = Nissan

If lexus is better than Nissan, does this mean that Nissan Sucks ass and and is substandard?!?!!!?!? it's not rocket science.
And i suggest you look at some of the kits Nike have made for barca and inter in the recent past,:yuck: you'll know exactly what i mean.

P.S: Do read some other posts on this thread too, and you'll see quite a few ppl agree, we dont need a sponsor like nike. For love or money..... :cool: ;)
this last part really shows that you have nothing to back up your arguments....
1. Just because 10 others here share the same taste, that doesn't make the Nike kits substandard.
2. My taste is not influenced by others.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

i dont think it's brilliant and i dont think it's better than Kappa or Adidas, but it is better than the rest.

the purpose of experimentation is to improve right?! so how is this not good for juve.... BTW, what experimentation are you talking about?!!?! i dont see juve wearing alpha versions of shirts or new fabric from outter space?! :rolleyes:
please elaborate on experimentation some more, because this really sounds interesting.
i'm sure every big comoany in the world is gonna excercise some degree of bigness and manipulation, but i doubt a team like Nike can control juve. maybe the Brazilian national team can be controled because of the lack of funds, but juve is nothing like that....
ok?! so?! they did not agree?! i dont see the problem with this?!! if juve does agree, and nike is gonna pay for it, then so be it!
i dont see how this is control?!! if two companies meat with each other and discuss contract clauses, then i dont see how this is control if juve can simply say: "NO!!"
Juve is not forced to do anything, i'm not a nike representative or lawyer, but if juve agrees, then juve are the idiots in this case and they should be blamed, not nike!!!
nike just made the proposal..
i do look at the kit and dont think it's substandard.
your arguments lack any form of logic!!
just because Kappa is way up there and they are the best of the best, if Nike isn't as good as Kappa, does that mean that nike is "substandard" ?!?!!??!?!?! :rolleyes:

This might help you understand:
Kappa = Lexus
Nike = Nissan

If lexus is better than Nissan, does this mean that Nissan Sucks ass and and is substandard?!?!!!?!? it's not rocket science.

this last part really shows that you have nothing to back up your arguments....
1. Just because 10 others here share the same taste, that doesn't make the Nike kits substandard.
2. My taste is not influenced by others.

Ok,
Majed, you aint getting my point. Let me break it down....shud make it easier for you (and me) ;)

1. Experimentation : They use the gawdiest colours...to start with (for the away kits) with some horrible designs (no not alpha versions, but pretty close to it...) ....so ur gonna see some ugly jerseys....in these 12 years....when it may finally dawn on you...that nike does actually suck....

2. Your agreeing that they have manipulative methods, and you feel that since they have a name they can excersise such a right.....OK that my friend is wrong.....do u really have an argument there??? Dont think so.

3. Ok so you look at the Kit and say "no" theyre not "substandard." Thats your individual opinion, which is absolutely fine. And i have an opinion too....which is all im expressing. And asking you if you agree...but NOT asking you TO AGREE....so i suggest you do the same.

4. Kappa V Nike (Lexus V Nissan) : I just have this philosophy.......2nd place is last place. If it isnt the best....its not good enough. Hope that was simple enough. :rolleyes:

5. I asd you to read the other posts, not hoping that your opinion would change, but just letting you know that a majority of ppl here agree that nike suck...
(Which was actually a hint....that your so heavily outnumbered...you shudnt bother putting up a case of defense) Thats not to say that ur opinion has no right to be expressed ;)

Neway hope I did get thru to you this time.
P.S: BTW...how much is Nike paying you for all the hours your wasting trying to save their reputation? :D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Ok,
Majed, you aint getting my point. Let me break it down....shud make it easier for you (and me) ;)
dude! you got no point at all!! so there's nothing really to "get!"

1. Experimentation : They use the gawdiest colours...to start with (for the away kits) with some horrible designs (no not alpha versions, but pretty close to it...) ....so ur gonna see some ugly jerseys....in these 12 years....when it may finally dawn on you...that nike does actually suck....
That my friend is not experimentation. That is just a conflict of taste with your taste in colors...
what may seem gody to you, may not be gody to others, and assuming It Is "gody" and that your opinion should "dawn" on me is ignorant from you and it defies the last part of your 3rd point :rolleyes:

2. Your agreeing that they have manipulative methods, and you feel that since they have a name they can excersise such a right.....OK that my friend is wrong.....do u really have an argument there??? Dont think so.
i agree that they and ALL OTHER BIG COMAPIES (including kappa) Posses some degree of manipulation, but i never agreed that they should use these powers (yes "powers", they are not "rights" as you mentioned)
i assumed that they may try these methods, but i'm positive these methods can't affect or manipulate juve. that's why i dont see it as a problem. BTW, whatever negotiation that goes on between juve and Nike can't be called manipulation because juve would have a word in the contract and it's up for juve to agree. This sponsorship business is not in a Monopolistic Market....it's in a competative market where juve is the buyer and there are many other suppliers!!
The Nike case with Brazil is different, because the CBF had already signed the contract with Brazil and Brazil were in a desperate situation, so Nike took advantege of that. but i put most of the blame on Brazil if they really did bow to Nike's demands. That's business, it may not be right for football, but in business it's fair game. Do you think Kappa is this innocent company that cares about football only, of course not, they are like any other company: they want to make $$$.

3. Ok so you look at the Kit and say "no" theyre not "substandard." Thats your individual opinion, which is absolutely fine. And i have an opinion too....which is all im expressing. And asking you if you agree...but NOT asking you TO AGREE....so i suggest you do the same.
i think you need to apply your lessons to yourself before you try to teach them to others! ;)
check my second paragraph if your still dazed :dazed: about why i said this.

BTW, you never really elaborated on how nike is "substandard." your personal opinion are no messure of the standard so you really need to get some hard evidence dude!!

4. Kappa V Nike (Lexus V Nissan) : I just have this philosophy.......2nd place is last place. If it isnt the best....its not good enough. Hope that was simple enough. :rolleyes:
dont paint the world black and white, good and bad!!
so you must think that YOU aren't good enough in anything, and your life sucks. i really feel sorry for people who think like you....
When you wake up in the morning and the weather is about 65 F, the birds are singing and there's a nice fresh breeze...what do you think to yourself?
do you say: "what a beautiful day?! :) "
OR
"this damn day isn't good enough, because 3 years ago there was a day better than it!" ;)

5. I asd you to read the other posts, not hoping that your opinion would change, but just letting you know that a majority of ppl here agree that nike suck...

(Which was actually a hint....that your so heavily outnumbered ...you shudnt bother putting up a case of defense) Thats not to say that ur opinion has no right to be expressed ;)
I doesn't matter if there were 1000 people who think different, as long as i read their opinions (i mean by this, arguments) open-mindedly, fairly compare them with my own, and make a desission. but if it comes to personal preferences, then 100000000 people can't even change it because there is no right and wrong when it comes to personal preferences and taste (even if there is a common preference)
you shouldn't be pushed around by people's opinions too much....it's not good for you ;)

being outnumbered.....hhmmm, this isn't a physical fight dude, it's a verbal argumument, what difference would this make?!!

and yeah, if i think i have a case, i should indeed bother putting up a case of defense, so people can read another argument and see what they might have missed, so if many agree, then you won't be so many, if they dont agree, then i respect it.....
to hold your opinion in fear is not very brave....;)

Neway hope I did get thru to you this time.
P.S: BTW...how much is Nike paying you for all the hours your wasting trying to save their reputation? :D
as i mentioned earlier in these forums, i dont work for nike and i dont need to. I'm on a Full Scholarship/Training program for one of the biggest and productive companies in the World.

you may wanna apply for a job with Kappa, dont forget to mention in your resume that they are the perfect and moraly conscionse company who dont seek methods of profit maximization who "try" to keeep everyone in the World happy.

One more note:
It's funney how you all blame nike, while juve were the ones who didn't hesitate to sign a 13 year deal with them :rolleyes:
i dont see you bashing juve because they aren't boycotting a "terrible" company!!

didn't you all ever consider that juve made an educated choice by choosing nike and that it may be the best choice for the success of the club?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)