Nicolò Fagioli (1 Viewer)

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
The worst moment was between April and March 2023, when I was so scared that I made a mistake during Sassuolo-Juventus and I was subbed off. I started crying when I sat on the bench, thinking about my debts and betting problems.”

And here we were, thinking that he cried because he cares about Juve so much :lol: :lol: :lol:
Honestly, this shit sounds to me like an admission he bet on Juve matches, specifically that match.

Awful to read how quickly it became addictive to him and how quickly he fell into a hole, going to Milan to buy watches for the bookies to pickup as payment. Begging Gatti and Dragusin for money "for watches for my mom." But like somebody said previously, he is still responsible for these actions.

I wouldn't move on from him but I would put him on a short leash. I've always wondered how these organizations don't have players with caretakers. Maybe not him but like superstars. Following them around, keeping them in check. He needs help but also has taken the first steps of responsibility. Gambling ain't no joke.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
btw the popular tuz sentiment on addictions couldn't be more shortsighted.
Enlighten us. You certainly know a thing or two about addictions, being addicted to dicks and all.

I am telling you all, and you know that I am usually correct - We must ban those people who are the epitome of Jj. Folks like @DanielSz and @s4tch
Ban their mediocrity-accepting asses, and watch how Jj transforms into Juventus again.
Fuckin' jinxes.

Brny44

Aug 24, 2020
Of all the players in the world it must be fu...ing juventus. Jail this idiot for 20 years and never let him play again. Until we wont show some balls this club will be victim of laugh. Fu...daddys boys with millions in pockets doing that stuf, idiots...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Honestly, this shit sounds to me like an admission he bet on Juve matches, specifically that match.

Awful to read how quickly it became addictive to him and how quickly he fell into a hole, going to Milan to buy watches for the bookies to pickup as payment. Begging Gatti and Dragusin for money "for watches for my mom." But like somebody said previously, he is still responsible for these actions.

I wouldn't move on from him but I would put him on a short leash. I've always wondered how these organizations don't have players with caretakers. Maybe not him but like superstars. Following them around, keeping them in check. He needs help but also has taken the first steps of responsibility. Gambling ain't no joke.
No, we move on.

There are no guarantees he will improve. We do know that he has lied to us before and has not fulfilled his contractual obligations.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
No, we move on.

There are no guarantees he will improve. We do know that he has lied to us before and has not fulfilled his contractual obligations.
Nah, I think it's just a young kid getting swept into something stupid and becoming addicted. I definitely think we can stick with him on this as long as he gets help. He's already seen how awful it gets.

There's no guarantees he won't take the diversity in his life and turn it for the better. It's off the field. I can only imagine this weight coming off his shoulders now that its been found out might help him mentally and physically. I don't see any evidence where he lied to us. He kept his private life private. He knew it was wrong and kept it away from us. At least he didn't infect the team with it like apparently fucking TONALI did in the Italy Under 21s.

I don't see how he gets off on this one. Dude fucking infected the youth team with this shit. What a scumbag. Got addicted and introduced it to others. Even worse, was part of the scheme to infect rich footballers with gambling debts and worked to get others addicted for the gamblers. Happens all the time, used for his connections to get them more gamblers and in return maybe they wiped some of his debts. He should be gone for multiple years.

But yeah, I totally against moving on from Fagioli over this.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Nah, I think it's just a young kid getting swept into something stupid and becoming addicted. I definitely think we can stick with him on this as long as he gets help. He's already seen how awful it gets.

There's no guarantees he won't take the diversity in his life and turn it for the better. It's off the field. I can only imagine this weight coming off his shoulders now that its been found out might help him mentally and physically. I don't see any evidence where he lied to us. He kept his private life private. He knew it was wrong and kept it away from us. At least he didn't infect the team with it like apparently fucking TONALI did in the Italy Under 21s.

I don't see how he gets off on this one. Dude fucking infected the youth team with this shit. What a scumbag. Got addicted and introduced it to others. Even worse, was part of the scheme to infect rich footballers with gambling debts and worked to get others addicted for the gamblers. Happens all the time, used for his connections to get them more gamblers and in return maybe they wiped some of his debts. He should be gone for multiple years.

But yeah, I totally against moving on from Fagioli over this.

Fagioli placed those bets willingly and knowingly. No one forced him to.

He was then asked about his illegal betting activities and the first chance he got he ratted out a teammate in hopes of getting a lighter sentence.

There is no guarantee Fagioli will not regress to this sort of behaviour. What we do know is that he cheated us. Not only is he now ineligible to play for an extended period of time, he probably wasn't all there mentally when we were playing him. We now also know that he has no sense of loyalty towards teammates. If need be, he turns them in without blinking.

I see no reason to give him another chance.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Enlighten us. You certainly know a thing or two about addictions, being addicted to dicks and all.

I am telling you all, and you know that I am usually correct - We must ban those people who are the epitome of Jj. Folks like @DanielSz and @s4tch
Ban their mediocrity-accepting asses, and watch how Jj transforms into Juventus again.
Fuckin' jinxes.
We’re not transforming back into Juventus again. Italian football is deader than dead. Those CL finals were our last hurrah.

We might join some sort of super league and we might get back to winning scudetti again in a few years (That’s always gonna be up for grabs, it’s a weak league after all), but that’s the highest point we’ll ever get again.

Those days when Juventus was a top dog in world football won’t ever come back. It didn’t for Milan and it won’t for us. Jj is here to stay.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
We’re not transforming back into Juventus again. Italian football is deader than dead. Those CL finals were our last hurrah.

We might join some sort of super league and we might get back to winning scudetti again in a few years (That’s always gonna be up for grabs, it’s a weak league after all), but that’s the highest point we’ll ever get again.

Those days when Juventus was a top dog in world football won’t ever come back. It didn’t for Milan and it won’t for us. Jj is here to stay.
It certainly feels like it at the moment. However, there was a time when a Spanish team couldn't win the CL for +25 years (from 1966 to 1992), or when an Italian team couldn't do it for +15 years (1969 to 1985). Or an English team (1984-1999). But things change.
How did the rest feel when the English won 6 Champions Cups in a row (1977-82), or when Italians dominated everything in the late 80s and early 90s?

I know that right now it seems impossible, not just for Juve, but for Serie A too. But some unexpected flow of investments could revitalize serie A, and some Super League kind of solution could put Juve back on the map.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
None of this is relevant.

We all make mistakes. Especially when we are young. I don't hate Fagioli.

Fagioli's mistakes were not minor however. He racked up three million in debt. He apparently owes that debt to criminals. This is not a simple mistake. And even if he was sick, that doesn't mean he's not responsible. He could have looked for help at any point in time, but he didn't.

Juventus pay Fagioli 1M a year to play football. That doesn't even mean he has to be available the entire year. If he is injured, they stand by him. It does mean he should follow some very basic rules. One of those rules is: don't get banned doing illegal shit. He did not live up to his part of the deal, that much is certain.

Would I advise Juventus to let him go? Yes. Does that mean I wish him ill? No, I hope he gets his shit together and builds a great career.
my point exactly: you'd probably advise juventus to never take back paolo rossi either.

if he receives good care and if he's serious enough about getting better, then he'll be fine in a few months. if he's not, then he'll end up in a ditch anyway.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
my point exactly: you'd probably advise juventus to never take back paolo rossi either.

if he receives good care and if he's serious enough about getting better, then he'll be fine in a few months. if he's not, then he'll end up in a ditch anyway.

I would.

Obviously this mean you may miss out on a tremendous player. But in the grand scheme of things it's the smarter call. It shows the outside world you care about this type of offences and it shows your own players that they will not be given a second chance, when they abuse the trust you have in them. And, also, you don't know beforehand which player will recover and which player will further damage himself and the club.

This doesn't mean Juventus has to crucify Fagioli. You could simply say you understand his personal struggles and that you wish him all the best in the future even expressing hope that he will show the world he is a better man, but that this type of behaviour is not in line with what is expected of Juventus players, that your trust has been broken and that you will move on.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I would.

Obviously this mean you may miss out on a tremendous player. But in the grand scheme of things it's the smarter call. It shows the outside world you care about this type of offences and it shows your own players that they will not be given a second chance, when they abuse the trust you have in them. And, also, you don't know beforehand which player will recover and which player will further damage himself and the club.

This doesn't mean Juventus has to crucify Fagioli. You could simply say you understand his personal struggles and that you wish him all the best in the future even expressing hope that he will show the world he is a better man, but that this type of behaviour is not in line with what is expected of Juventus players, that your trust has been broken and that you will move on.
it's not about the offense, it's about what happens next. conte was banned for failing to report, club stood by him. it's much more idiotic than getting yourself into gambling or fucking underage girls. yet the club stood by him. the club stood by vidal and his night life habits for years before selling him. i had parties with nt players, and it's safe to say that many footballers drink. buffon, verratti, nainggolan were/are smokers. footballers are like ordinary people in many ways.

of course we will never know the future. addictions can go either way.

anyway, we probably won't agree and it's all right. i'd give fagioli an other chance, not because he's an indispensable player, but because he's a human being and is potentially curable. again, life will take care of him anyway in case of a relapse.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
it's not about the offense, it's about what happens next. conte was banned for failing to report, club stood by him. it's much more idiotic than getting yourself into gambling or fucking underage girls. yet the club stood by him. the club stood by vidal and his night life habits for years before selling him. i had parties with nt players, and it's safe to say that many footballers drink. buffon, verratti, nainggolan were/are smokers. footballers are like ordinary people in many ways.

of course we will never know the future. addictions can go either way.

anyway, we probably won't agree and it's all right. i'd give fagioli an other chance, not because he's an indispensable player, but because he's a human being and is potentially curable. again, life will take care of him anyway in case of a relapse.
They were also much better players than Fagioli.

But that is not important. Like I said: I don't hate Fagioli. I genuinely hope he recovers.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
It certainly feels like it at the moment. However, there was a time when a Spanish team couldn't win the CL for +25 years (from 1966 to 1992), or when an Italian team couldn't do it for +15 years (1969 to 1985). Or an English team (1984-1999). But things change.
How did the rest feel when the English won 6 Champions Cups in a row (1977-82), or when Italians dominated everything in the late 80s and early 90s?

I know that right now it seems impossible, not just for Juve, but for Serie A too. But some unexpected flow of investments could revitalize serie A, and some Super League kind of solution could put Juve back on the map.
As long as there is money to be made or laundered people will invest in football. Fairly unregulated, especially if you befriend the right people. Same as in all sports. But the growth we've seen the last two decades has too stagnate. Will be interesting to see if it only stagnates or even declines. I am intrigued how the new generation of kids, growing up with esports and so many other things... I think football is, in a sense, at its peak for now. Either way, a lot of clubs (including us) with huge debts will get into real trouble.

I hope Italian clubs really take care of their books and be prepared for the opportunities that will arise. Not now, but in the future. I think having your long-term perspective is more healthy and sustainable.

I am not saying football will drop from the map, but in terms of investments and consumers of the sport will percentage-wise drop. All of this is my deluded non-optimistic speculative sides writing.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

Fuckin' jinxes.
Hey man, tone it down

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
They were also much better players than Fagioli.

But that is not important. Like I said: I don't hate Fagioli. I genuinely hope he recovers.
agreed on everything here

as for "sending the right message": is firing an addict the right message, without even giving him a chance? and what about finances? fagioli is homegrown without any significant book value and his salary is pretty low too, so the financial risk of giving him an other year is negligeable, but what would be the wise business decision if he had substantial book value? contrary to doping bans, firing a player with a medical condition isn't exactly just cause.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
agreed on everything here

as for "sending the right message": is firing an addict the right message, without even giving him a chance? and what about finances? fagioli is homegrown without any significant book value and his salary is pretty low too, so the financial risk of giving him an other year is negligeable, but what would be the wise business decision if he had substantial book value? contrary to doping bans, firing a player with a medical condition isn't exactly just cause.
How is it a medical condition? Honest question

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
How is it a medical condition? Honest question
like any other addiction, it is a mental health condition. they are better qualified to talk about it: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/17881-gambling-disorder-gambling-addiction

in hungary they used to treat gambling addicts in a closed psychiatric clinic. a former room mate at university was treated there, he told that for the first month you were not allowed to leave the floor (!!!) of the clinic. full isolation. his room mate at the clinic still escaped from the top floor to place a bet. he fucking climbed out of the window of these people can get very, very sick, just like junkies or alcoholics. my former room mate had 3 "i swear i won't do it again" promises within 3-4 years before realizing that he won't be able to get rid of it on his own. then he went to the hospital for 2 or 3 months (i don't remember, it happened ~20 years ago) and never gambled again. now the guy is a private enterpreneur with a fairly big and serious clientele, so it's not like he lacks intelligence or mental strength. it really messes with your brain. it's not like you tell yourself to stop and it's over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)