Nicolò Fagioli (52 Viewers)

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Medical condition. lol

It's somebody who is more prone to addictive behavior. Everybody is different. But let's not excuse it as something out of his control completely. I have a family inclination to alcoholism. I avoid drinking beyond a few drinks for that reason. I am being cautious. Now I could just say "fuck it" and drink as much as I want and if I become a raging alcoholic blame the genetics but there is some personal responsibility that Fagioli must take on here.

For example, the moment right after he started gambling he had to have known it was getting out of control. That was the moment Personal Responsibility steps in and stops. Instead he let it get to the point he LIED to Gatti and Dragusin to get cash from them to gamble. There were MANY steps along the way to it getting out of hand he had the chance to stop. I'm not absolving him of that by throwing at a "condition." I know that's unheardof in some circles these days but it is what it is.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
like any other addiction, it is a mental health condition. they are better qualified to talk about it: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/17881-gambling-disorder-gambling-addiction

in hungary they used to treat gambling addicts in a closed psychiatric clinic. a former room mate at university was treated there, he told that for the first month you were not allowed to leave the floor (!!!) of the clinic. full isolation. his room mate at the clinic still escaped from the top floor to place a bet. he fucking climbed out of the window of these people can get very, very sick, just like junkies or alcoholics. my former room mate had 3 "i swear i won't do it again" promises within 3-4 years before realizing that he won't be able to get rid of it on his own. then he went to the hospital for 2 or 3 months (i don't remember, it happened ~20 years ago) and never gambled again. now the guy is a private enterpreneur with a fairly big and serious clientele, so it's not like he lacks intelligence or mental strength. it really messes with your brain. it's not like you tell yourself to stop and it's over.
So basically they send them to "jail". I dont know man, by that definition a thrill seeking criminal is also a medical condition, where do you draw the line? I agree that it doesn't help that it's legal and even encouraged, but the whole point of being an adult is agency, FAFO. I rather the funds for this be dedicated for people with real medical conditions, and these degenerates learn by losing a finger or get their knees busted.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
So basically they send them to "jail". I dont know man, by that definition a thrill seeking criminal is also a medical condition, where do you draw the line? I agree that it doesn't help that it's legal and even encouraged, but the whole point of being an adult is agency, FAFO. I rather the funds for this be dedicated for people with real medical conditions, and these degenerates learn by losing a finger or get their knees busted.
i'm not qualified to draw a line. these aren't degenerates until they are. same with junkies, alcoholics, sex addicts, etc. the state doesn't finance the programs, but these are still real conditions.

Medical condition. lol

It's somebody who is more prone to addictive behavior. Everybody is different. But let's not excuse it as something out of his control completely. I have a family inclination to alcoholism. I avoid drinking beyond a few drinks for that reason. I am being cautious. Now I could just say "fuck it" and drink as much as I want and if I become a raging alcoholic blame the genetics but there is some personal responsibility that Fagioli must take on here.

For example, the moment right after he started gambling he had to have known it was getting out of control. That was the moment Personal Responsibility steps in and stops. Instead he let it get to the point he LIED to Gatti and Dragusin to get cash from them to gamble. There were MANY steps along the way to it getting out of hand he had the chance to stop. I'm not absolving him of that by throwing at a "condition." I know that's unheardof in some circles these days but it is what it is.
who said it's an excuse to anything?

that's the problem with addictions: you, a supposed non addict don't even realize that it's a condition, yet you'd expect someone with the condition to be aware of his actions. and they aren't. you're not the same person when you're addicted.

i do hope you'll never experience anything like that in person, neither as an addict, nor as a friend. you'd eat your words in a second.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
i'm not qualified to draw a line. these aren't degenerates until they are. same with junkies, alcoholics, sex addicts, etc. the state doesn't finance the programs, but these are still real conditions.

that's the problem with addictions: you, a supposed non addict don't even realize that it's a condition, yet you'd expect someone with the condition to be aware of his actions. and they aren't. you're not the same person when you're addicted.

i do hope you'll never experience anything like that in person, neither as an addict, nor as a friend. you'd eat your words in a second.
Maybe you're misunderstanding me. What I'm saying is that even from reading up on it none of the modern medical takes on addiction say its an on/off situation. It builds up and starts slow. THAT is where I'm saying there are steps. You're right, I'm sure somebody isn't the same person when they're addicted. Just like I'm sure the addiction doesn't just start at level 100. I hope I don't experience addiction like that in person either. I wouldn't eat my words. I'd wonder where in the STEPS up to that addiction I could've stepped in to help avoid it escalating or seen it escalating and just brushed it off like we all do in our day-to-day lives.

And I'd wonder where that person in my life could've possibly stopped themselves. I wouldn't just throw my hands up like "well, damn nothing they could do, its an addiction. They were completely unable to do anything."

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

Jinx
You even joined soon before we lost the 2015 CL final.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Maybe you're misunderstanding me. What I'm saying is that even from reading up on it none of the modern medical takes on addiction say its an on/off situation. It builds up and starts slow. THAT is where I'm saying there are steps. You're right, I'm sure somebody isn't the same person when they're addicted. Just like I'm sure the addiction doesn't just start at level 100. I hope I don't experience addiction like that in person either. I wouldn't eat my words. I'd wonder where in the STEPS up to that addiction I could've stepped in to help avoid it escalating or seen it escalating and just brushed it off like we all do in our day-to-day lives.

And I'd wonder where that person in my life could've possibly stopped themselves. I wouldn't just throw my hands up like "well, damn nothing they could do, its an addiction. They were completely unable to do anything."
yeah, it's a gradual process. it starts as harmless fun (i bet everyone placed at least one bet here), then it slowly becomes irresponsible, ignorant, naive. then it's dangerous and eats your life. and then it's a medical condition that started as some dumb harmless fun.

and don't get me wrong. it's not like addicts need cuddling, they aren't heroes by any means. i'm not trying to find excuses for them or fagioli especially. these are just people who didn't care enough about the risks (they might not even know lol) and got into trouble. fortunately there are techniques to get rid of those, so best of luck to the guy.

btw it's the same as drinking. you can always stop until you finally can't. that's why it's kinda wise to not get into shit you can get addicted to in first place lol

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
In recent years we had rape, financial fraud, voodoo, drugs and betting scandal.

What is your next pick?

I say human trafficking. Our transfers still look shady as hell.
let's not forget the scenes when the father of an underage girl wanted to beat the shit of caceres at vinovo (iirc), i bet it was epic

what about riot for next criminal activity. or aggravated assault

on a terrorist :numnum:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 44)