Nicolò Fagioli (47 Viewers)

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Incredibly stupid to find yourself in such a situation, there’s no excuses to it, a lengthy suspension is fully deserved for any well paid professional footballer who goes down the gambling path…

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
However what i don’t get is if he did not bet on himself or italian league or even on football in general why is he being scapegoated and given a suspension similar to others whom supposedly done much worst in terms of illegal betting? Either we don’t have all the details or it’s yet another case of making an example out of him because he ultimately plays for Juventus afterall.

Quite a sad state of affairs no matter how we look at it.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Just had a read of the report on Tutto sport

Sounds like he got himself into some deep shit. Man enough to admit it and hasn't really tried to shift blame. Was betting on everything to pay back debts and feed his addiction. Never betted on Juve and Cremonese. Tonali gave him the betting Sites

Good luck to him, hopefully he can get over this period. Hopefully he returns stronger and better for it.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
However what i don’t get is if he did not bet on himself or italian league or even on football in general why is he being scapegoated and given a suspension similar to others whom supposedly done much worst in terms of illegal betting? Either we don’t have all the details or it’s yet another case of making an example out of him because he ultimately plays for Juventus afterall.

Quite a sad state of affairs no matter how we look at it.
He did bet on Italian football, just not on juve or cremonese. The ban is definitely warranted.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Just had a read of the report on Tutto sport

Sounds like he got himself into some deep shit. Man enough to admit it and hasn't really tried to shift blame. Was betting on everything to pay back debts and feed his addiction. Never betted on Juve and Cremonese. Tonali gave him the betting Sites

Good luck to him, hopefully he can get over this period. Hopefully he returns stronger and better for it.

It's not the worst offence. He wasn't fixing games or using inside news of Juventus to bet on his own games. I believe it's redeemable in the sense that I think he should be allowed to start his football career anew and the length of the ban should not impede that.

I'm not sure if I want him to be able to do so at Juventus. At the end of the day he is responsible for his own ineligibility for an extended period of time, because he refused to adhere to very basic rules. Violating those rules it not just violating the code of conduct all football players need to follow, it is also violating the trust between an employer and an employee. Juventus pay Fagioli good money to be there and play football. They still pay him and stand by him, even when he is injured.

Fagioli has not repaid that trust and I think this relationship should be over.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
He did bet on Italian football, just not on juve or cremonese. The ban is definitely warranted.
Is there any proof or official statement confirming this? Personally i’ve only seen plenty of contradicting rumors so far… but the suspension was already decided so i assume maybe i missed something, if you could help clearing it up would be appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 43)