Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (57 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Try and check it out but yes it would be much better experienced in a movie theater. Beautiful film.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess this ticks another box. She acts for 40 years with barely any recognition. Then her son becomes a woman, which she is very support of in public and then she wins an Oscar after her next movie...
Screenshot_20230316_000813_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20230316_003539_Facebook.jpg
:inter:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I saw it 2 days ago, and besides the heart warming mother and daughter dynamic, the movie was all over the place and wildly inconsistent. I didnt know it won any prices. Its certainly an experience, but more of wtf where is this going now one, instead of quality storytelling.

I got the idea it was going for, but it overdosed on quirkiness. Needed little more impulse control by the director.

I had no idea it won Oscars (I seen plenty of movies better then it). I stopped paying attention to Oscars like 4 or so years ago.
I said the same a few years ago but I watched this year to see Brendan Fraser win and was hoping some of the actors had some success.

Never expected EEAAO to win so many awards and the Jamie Lee Curtis one pissed me off

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
The Deluge is one of the peaks of our cinema. And it's funny because even though it's incredibly long, it sill had to cut a huge portion of the story out or it would need a third part.

If you don't mind old, foreign langauage movies, I would always recommend this.

The mentioned duel is considered the best fencing scene in the history of the cinema by many.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Don't remember hearing about this movie. I love the lost boy, The Burns, Sand Lot Kids, Stand by me etc...

Is it a similar type of movie? Looks like it pays homage to these 80s/90s coming of age movies.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Don't remember hearing about this movie. I love the lost boy, The Burns, Sand Lot Kids, Stand by me etc...

Is it a similar type of movie? Looks like it pays homage to these 80s/90s coming of age movies.
I'd say so, yes.

It has a rather slow build up though, in case you don't like that.

It's by the people who made Turbo Kid. Which was a great little movie too imo.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
You should see Infinity Pool, good recent horror esque with cute actress too
The previous horror movies that released recently, kinda let me down. They even changed my taste that has made me to abandon horror movies from my list. I still rewatch old horror movies and they Scare my ass off. classics are better than today's garbage.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
The previous horror movies that released recently, kinda let me down. They even changed my taste that has made me to abandon horror movies from my list. I still rewatch old horror movies and they Scare my ass off. classics are better than today's garbage.
What are your favorite horror movies?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)