Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (186 Viewers)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I loved it. It might even be one if my favourite movies ever, well top 50.
The look and feel of the movie is amazing. Great soundtrack and a great performance by Cage.

The first 40mins are a bit too arty farty at times but not enough to put me off.

Its fucking insane, I'm talking the kind of insane that makes hobo with a shotgun look like a Disney production. The soundtrack is great, could have come straight off a carpenter brute album for the most part.
Visuals are insane, practical effects are fantastic and the character concept are something of a judas priest album cover meets slayer.

The film is a complete trip. I recommend getting high turning the lights off and sticking on some good headphones

Last edited:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It is exactly what you might expect from the trailer.

Straight forward violent revenge flick with some quality nic cage insanity and an awesome visual style. If you can appreciate if for that it is great.

If you come in expecting more you will be let down
I loved it. It might even be one if my favourite movies ever, well top 50.
The look and feel of the movie is amazing. Great soundtrack and a great performance by Cage.

The first 40mins are a bit too arty farty at times but not enough to put me off.

Its fucking insane, I'm talking the kind of insane that makes hobo with a shotgun look like a Disney production. The soundtrack is great, could have come straight off a carpenter brute album for the most part.
Visuals are insane, practical effects are fantastic and the character concept are something of a judas priest album cover meets slayer.

The film is a complete trip. I recommend getting high turning the lights off and sticking on some good headphones
Nice :tup:

I'm considering cinema if that's the case.

enzo

May 14, 2012
Looks like that crazy Nic Cage movie Mandy is available today on Itunes.

I wanted to see in theaters but it isn't playing anywhere that i can find.
Cage is coming to Vienna to present the movie at the /slash film festival tomorrow. didn't get tickets, it was sold out in 5 seconds.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
So I watched Johnny English Strikers Again tonight. It was pretty much what I expected. Just a decent movie you watch when you want to relax and have some fun/laughs. I really like Rowan Atkinson since I pretty much grew up with his comedy on VHS.
Blackadder is comedy genius
Blackadder series 3 and 4 :delpiero:

Not the Nine O'clock News was brilliant too, at least with his episodes.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds nice, gonna watch this. Always liked Nicolas Cage.

Come at me @Post Ironic.
I'm coming at you. Nicolas Cage is awful.

Mandy was decent. Good for what it is, and immersion in its aesthetic is fun. But certainly not some all-time great film.

Would be surprised if it doesn't become a cult classic though.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Blackadder series 3 and 4 :delpiero:

Not the Nine O'clock News was brilliant too, at least with his episodes.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm coming at you. Nicolas Cage is awful.

Mandy was decent. Good for what it is, and immersion in its aesthetic is fun. But certainly not some all-time great film.

Would be surprised if it doesn't become a cult classic though.
Nicolas Cage is just underatted because he is so shameless. He does a lot of terrible movies and roles without concern but some of his most iconic roles, nobody but Nicolas Cage could have done. Bringing out the dead, wild at heart, Raising Arizona, leaving las vages, red rock west.

Con Air and Face Off might be a bit a dumber than the others but those are also quality Nic Cage :p

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Nicolas Cage is just underatted because he is so shameless. He does a lot of terrible movies and roles without concern but some of his most iconic roles, nobody but Nicolas Cage could have done. Bringing out the dead, wild at heart, Raising Arizona, leaving las vages, red rock west.

Con Air and Face Off might be a bit a dumber than the others but those are also quality Nic Cage :p
Adaptation was his best performance imo.

Wild at Heart and Red Rock West were good too.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

I love Nicholas Cage

- - - Updated - - -

The movie with the old US constitution and shit was really good too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 176)