Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (22 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Nosferatu, 1922, by Murnau?

...or...

Nosferatu, The Vampyr, 1979, Werner Herzog?

Two incredible films, if you haven't seen them both, you really must! And if so, which do you prefer?

- - - Updated - - -

@X , @CrimsonianKing , @Dule90 , @Völler

David Lynch's Inland Empire... Masterpiece of a disturbing surrealistic mind fuck? I certainly think so...
Fuck Lynch(except for twin peaks) :p

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'm not a huge Lynch fan (going on entire body of work), but I do adore a couple of his films. Inland Empire and Blue Velvet are masterpieces in my opinion.

Mulholland Drive is good, but overrated. Eraserhead just creeps me out too much, I can't handle that film. Wild at Heart is pretty much bleh. Straight Story, Elephant Man, Dune... the less said, the better.

He's made two brilliant films imo. And his artwork, and music collaborations are pretty good.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I'm not a huge Lynch fan (going on entire body of work), but I do adore a couple of his films. Inland Empire and Blue Velvet are masterpieces in my opinion.

Mulholland Drive is good, but overrated. Eraserhead just creeps me out too much, I can't handle that film. Wild at Heart is pretty much bleh. Straight Story, Elephant Man, Dune... the less said, the better.

He's made two brilliant films imo. And his artwork, and music collaborations are pretty good.
yes music collabs are legit, really like this one:

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011

Give Lost Highway a try if you haven't. That and Inland Empire are the two movies I really like from him. Wild at Heart was good aswell imo.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
I like weird shit but Lynch always makes me feel like he does weird shit just for the sake of being weird.

I much prefer Kubrick's or Tarkovsky's weird.

Changing the subject; So many movies to watch, most of them are 3 hours long almost. /Cinephile problems

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I much prefer Kubrick's or Tarkovsky's weird.

Changing the subject; So many movies to watch, most of them are 3 hours long almost. /Cinephile problems
:agree:

What are you thinking of watching next?

I might watch a few Norwegian Films. I've been meaning to watch Joachim Trier's Oslo, August 31, and then Jen Liens latest Sons Of Norway. Liens' previous film The Bothersome Man was great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)