Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (145 Viewers)

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
I'm watching the Matrix trilogy for the first tiem ever!

Being anti-hype and anti-nerd back in my earlier teenage days I developed a "hatred" towards those movies, so I thought why not try to watch them now.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
:tup: Doing good. Those are some essential movies you got there.

And yes. "I'm God's son" said Jesus to his father, Kubrick.

- - - Updated - - -

M is top of the list though.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a really good documentary about Kubrick that i'll post when i get home. You think we are the obsessed? The guy was completely cuckoo.

- - - Updated - - -

He was doing a movie about Napoleon. He was such an obsessed person when it came to his work, he had a file cabinet with cards and on these cards were every day of Napoleon's life. :lol:

Here you go:

While I'm on the subject, i'll bother you with yet another video which will explain even more why he's so praised by cinephiles.
Damn, now I really wanna see this Napoleon film...

Thanks for the videos, I read some anecdotes concerning the production of Dr. Strangelove which made clear that Kubrick wasn't exactly your ordinary Joe, but he really must've been quite the figure :D

Weird. First matrix was really really good movie.
:agree:

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Damn, now I really wanna see this Napoleon film...

Thanks for the videos, I read some anecdotes concerning the production of Dr. Strangelove which made clear that Kubrick wasn't exactly your ordinary Joe, but he really must've been quite the figure :D

:agree:
I read somewhere that when filming Eyes Wide Shut, he made that old guy, Pollack, in a non-talkative scene where he just had to get up from his chair and open the door, repeat the same shot over and over for 2 days straight. And that he spent 6 months looking for the right door handle for The Shining. :D

I'm sure if you look it up you'll find the craziest stuff. Hitchcock was a gentle and sweet man compared to Kubrick. :D

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
what lol no it doesnt, use firefox with ad blocker add on
lol it works with Mozilla. It wasn't able to open with Opera (ever since I installed some addon for books on Mozilla my browser works 60% slower, so I use Opera, meh). Thanks tho. I wish it had English subs on :sad: I usually miss something due to their whispering or talking about science crap lol. I'll try to watch it anyway. I've seen a crappy version of Guardians of Galaxy on torrents, it was uploaded 1 day ago I think. It's nothing special but it can be watched.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, Planet of the Apes was uploaded yesterday on torrents :tup:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Here

Here is Marvel’s long-term lineup:

May 6, 2016: ”Captain America: Civil War.” Robert Downey Jr will appear as Iron Man in this adaptation of a comics story about a controversial super-hero registration program that pits Captain America against Iron Man. Black Panther will also make his first appearance in this movie.

Nov. 4, 2016: ”Doctor Strange.” Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige said this film about the supernatural will “open up an entire new corner of the cinematic universe.” He did not confirm a report in the Hollywood trade Deadline that Benedict Cumberbatch will play the mystical Doctor Strange.

May 5, 2017: ”Guardians of the Galaxy 2.” Marvel moved up the date to the sequel to this summer’s hit. It was originally scheduled to come out in July, 2017.

July 28, 2017: ”Thor: Ragnarok.”

Nov. 3, 2017: ”Black Panther.” Chadwick Boseman (Jackie Robinson in “42″) will star in the first Marvel movie to feature an African-American in the title role.

May 4, 2018: “Avengers: Infinity War part 1.” The third Avengers team-up film will be split into two parts.

July 6, 2018: Captain Marvel. The cosmic super-hero will be Marvel’s first female to get her own film.

Nov 2, 2018: ”Inhumans”. Another picture set in outer space that will introduce “dozens of new characters” said Kevin Feige, and could start its own franchise with its own spin-offs.

May 2019: ”Avengers: Infinity War Part 2.”

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Jesus I love Dr Strange but if Cumbimberbuch plays him.... :sergio:... This is the best Marvel superhero so they better don't screw him up.

Anyway, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is a very good and smart movie. I recommend it for everyone.
@Völler didn't fall asleep :D

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
:pado:

So if a new Zeppelin album with new material was to come out you'd download and listen it in a 48kpbs quality because you can't wait for a proper rip?
I don't hold Planet of the Apes in the same regard as Led Zeppelin.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought Rise was a better movie tbh. Dawn was kind of stupid, I mean how you can take it seriously when there are chimpanzees riding horses dual wielding M4s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 139)