Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (190 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Btw this thread has actually encouraged me to finally work on my embarassing knowledge of some of the most classic of films. The past three days I've watched Metropolis, 2001, and Dr. Strangelove, movies which, along with others that will hopefully follow soon, I had planned to watch for a couple of years now, but always found something else to do.

Never look back. Especially 2001 and Dr. Strangelove have instantely entered my list of GOAT-tier movies. I'm beginning to understand the obsession that every cinephile I know has with Kubrick.

Upcoming targets:
Shawshank Redemption
Seven Samurai
Goodfellas
A Clockwork Orange
Der Dritte Mann
M
To Kill a Mockingbird

Afterwards I'm looking forward to venture into the more obscure genre :D
M is the best one on that list imo

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
M is the best one on that list imo
:agree:

1. M
2. Seven Samurai
3. A Clockwork Orange
4. The Third Man
5. Goodfellas
6. To Kill A Mockingbird
7. Shawshank Redemption

:D

- - - Updated - - -

Nowadays I like such movies and I can enjoy it truly. But it's like something was missing, it had some great parts, but other parts were below average. Only for that reason I'd say it's just decent, but the idea was great. I'll check him out anyway.
:agree:

I think it's mostly that it's not the style of film that he is familiar with making. The film screams "inexperience" with all the mediocre bits. He's much better with controversial and disturbing subject matter, done in a rather contemplative way, but not at all quiet.

- - - Updated - - -

You're a Dane? Very surprising. I thought Danes had gone extinct when Elsinore fell... :shifty:

(Besides, there's something rotten in the state of Denmark :p)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Btw this thread has actually encouraged me to finally work on my embarassing knowledge of some of the most classic of films. The past three days I've watched Metropolis, 2001, and Dr. Strangelove, movies which, along with others that will hopefully follow soon, I had planned to watch for a couple of years now, but always found something else to do.

Never look back. Especially 2001 and Dr. Strangelove have instantely entered my list of GOAT-tier movies. I'm beginning to understand the obsession that every cinephile I know has with Kubrick.

Upcoming targets:
Shawshank Redemption
Seven Samurai
Goodfellas
A Clockwork Orange
Der Dritte Mann
M
To Kill a Mockingbird

Afterwards I'm looking forward to venture into the more obscure genre :D
:tup: Doing good. Those are some essential movies you got there.

And yes. "I'm God's son" said Jesus to his father, Kubrick.

- - - Updated - - -

M is top of the list though.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a really good documentary about Kubrick that i'll post when i get home. You think we are the obsessed? The guy was completely cuckoo.

- - - Updated - - -

He was doing a movie about Napoleon. He was such an obsessed person when it came to his work, he had a file cabinet with cards and on these cards were every day of Napoleon's life. :lol:

Here you go:

- - - Updated - - -

While I'm on the subject, i'll bother you with yet another video which will explain even more why he's so praised by cinephiles.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I've been waiting for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes for ages... Should be out soon though.
Yeah, me too. There's one with hardcoded Asian subs but with good quality so yeah it should come soon enough. That one and Guardians of the Galaxy. It's been way too long already.

But I guess Fury won't be coming any time soon.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 183)