Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (31 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I finally saw Tropa de Elite 2. Not sure I like it better than the first or not. Still more of the same type of story material, just at a grander scale. I'd recommend it though.
i thought it was good, but the first one still remains on a another level of awesome to be honest swag, but its def worth watching :tup:

i dont think theres a 1 or 2, should be watched as one, otherwise the story/message doesnt make much sense. the purists will say the second is more hollywood, but that choice will also go along the line of the fake and shallow theme of the message itself. You dont choke and torture people, you wear make-up go on TV and campaign. Thoroughly enjoyed both without prejudice.

Aug 1, 2003
watched "Candy" starring Heath Ledger and Abbie Cornish. Don't really know why it got such high ratings, I didn't feel anything throughout, and at the end. It was watchable at least. However there was one powerful scene that almost made me tear up.

I really, really want to watch intouchables...

OP
Elvin

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
  • Thread Starter #10,112
    I hate Kristen Stward sooo fuckin much, and every one else who got famous due to Twilight for that matter... I hate them all almost as much as I hate AC Milan.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
    Jun 2, 2007
    Really? I was looking forward to it considering how much I loved Alice in Wonderland (same producer). :sad:
    its still pretty alright,but they really miscasted Kristen I thought,she is no snowhite,she cant even smile.! someone like Emma Watson would have been perfect.
    But like I said, Charlize owned her scenes!

dodo

The Recruiter
    Apr 25, 2011
    Just watched Prometheus in cinema. Fell asleep for the first 10 minutes before my brother woke me up. It was watchable but nothing special and the 3D was really unnecessary. The only 3D I saw was the Spiderman trailer before the movie started.

Lilith

Immortelle
    May 19, 2006
    The new Spider-Man movie looks as lame as every other Spider-Man movie. The only time Spider-Man was ever interesting to me is when they added Venom and Carnage, something that they never did in the movies anyway. Batman has always been my fave. Poison Ivy is the coolness.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Saw Prometheus in the cinema today. It stands up to the first two Alien films, but it's different. Suffers from the usual pre-quel issues, looks a little too modern even though it takes place before the events of Alien. It's not quite a horror film like the original and it isn't a action packed run-thru that is the sequel. Prometheus is more of a true Science Fiction picture in that it concentrates on exploring the unknown and the ramifications of doing so. I recommend it, if you like Science Fiction. If you don't, Dark Shadows and Twiglit 4.5 are also out. Also I saw it in 2-D, so I'm unsure if viewing in 3-D takes away from the experience.

Lilith

Immortelle
    May 19, 2006
    Saw Prometheus in the cinema today. It stands up to the first two Alien films, but it's different. Suffers from the usual pre-quel issues, looks a little too modern even though it takes place before the events of Alien. It's not quite a horror film like the original and it isn't a action packed run-thru that is the sequel. Prometheus is more of a true Science Fiction picture in that it concentrates on exploring the unknown and the ramifications of doing so. I recommend it, if you like Science Fiction. If you don't, Dark Shadows and Twiglit 4.5 are also out. Also I saw it in 2-D, so I'm unsure if viewing in 3-D takes away from the experience.
    @Gordon Bombay I LOVE the type of Sci-Fi you're referring to here but Prometheus... *smh* The movie was was a drawn out story for a sequel which made me a little mad. It had much promise, but I wanted answers. I almost jumped off my seat with excitement when the story used the Sumerian belief system at the beginning. I have always been fascinated by the Sumerian culture and admittedly they did put a shadow of doubt as to our true origin in my mind but enough about the Sumerians:

What the heck was the black goo? First the engineer drank it and he blew up or melted or whatever and then we were created. Feed it to an earthworm they become super earthworm. Feed it to a human, let the infected human impregnate another human and she delivers a baby octopus. Then the octopus stuffs his tongue down an engineer's throat and they procreate and make the alien! That goo is on some serious crack. Like really.:rolleyes2

And then I still want to know why! Why did they want us destroyed? Why did they even create us? Why earth? I was annoyed at the end.

The Avengers

It was your typical save the world movie so I didn't really expect much from that end of it. I did look to the characters for entainment and found it in Tony Stark. I love his epic trolling ways and his brilliant brain. :D But still the Avengers lacked something. It was entertaining enough but when you have scenes where you have Tony Stark fixing an airship engine for however long, how is that fully utilising your characters?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)