Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (157 Viewers)

Aameer

May 6, 2012
The new Spider-Man movie looks as lame as every other Spider-Man movie. The only time Spider-Man was ever interesting to me is when they added Venom and Carnage, something that they never did in the movies anyway. Batman has always been my fave. Poison Ivy is the coolness.
Finally! Somebody actually acknowledges Poison Ivy. I always felt she was a bit underrated compared to other Batman villains.

I was thinking about seeing the Snow White movie but like some people here have already said, she does seem a bit miscast.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
@Gordon Bombay I LOVE the type of Sci-Fi you're referring to here but Prometheus... *smh* The movie was was a drawn out story for a sequel which made me a little mad. It had much promise, but I wanted answers. I almost jumped off my seat with excitement when the story used the Sumerian belief system at the beginning. I have always been fascinated by the Sumerian culture and admittedly they did put a shadow of doubt as to our true origin in my mind but enough about the Sumerians:

What the heck was the black goo? First the engineer drank it and he blew up or melted or whatever and then we were created. Feed it to an earthworm they become super earthworm. Feed it to a human, let the infected human impregnate another human and she delivers a baby octopus. Then the octopus stuffs his tongue down an engineer's throat and they procreate and make the alien! That goo is on some serious crack. Like really.:rolleyes2

And then I still want to know why! Why did they want us destroyed? Why did they even create us? Why earth? I was annoyed at the end.
Have you seen the Original Alien or any of the Alien films? Just asking because I could answer your questions and have them make perfect sense, but it would spoil a ton.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
its still pretty alright,but they really miscasted Kristen I thought,she is no snowhite,she cant even smile.! someone like Emma Watson would have been perfect.
But like I said, Charlize owned her scenes!
Yeah, Charlize stole every scene in that movie.

I didn't think it was all that bad, to be honest. My wife wanted to see it. It could have been worse.

The dwarves, for the amount of screen time they had, were good as well.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
She is not super hot at all (Charlize Theron is super hot), just a normal pretty young chica. But unlike the dross that made her famous shows, she is quite decent actress. And I want to see that Snow white movies, allways interesting to see fables come to life in different ways.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
She is not super hot at all (Charlize Theron is super hot), just a normal pretty young chica. But unlike the dross that made her famous shows, she is quite decent actress. And I want to see that Snow white movies, allways interesting to see fables come to life in different ways.
She is far from hot, but she is a good actress. She was fantastic as Joan Jett in The Runaways.

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
E!! I was just watching some more vids on the Sumerian culture on Youtube and I think I found some of my answers. As you know Sumerians believed that aliens from planet X altered our dna with theirs thereby creating the human species. They were also the first race to keep records in writing and map our solar system in days when such things were not possible (which is why I was so fascinated with them in the past.) Anyway they believed that said aliens were the ones who tampered with the with weather and induced the great flood (Noah and the Arc) to wipe out the species to correct their genetic mistakes and start over fresh. Perhaps Prometheus was heading in a similar direction?

P.S. I posted a vid on the Sumerians on my FB page if you're interested. :smile:

OP
Elvin

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
  • Thread Starter #10,139
    Safe House

So cliche and so boring that I didn't even finish it. And Ryan Reynolds is an awful actor IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 152)