Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (122 Viewers)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
:D

I didn't understand your comment though. Did you like the movie or not?
No, I thought it was really poor. Interesting enough idea, but the poor execution just left me baffled - especially considering it was Fincher's work.

:lol:

i liked gone girl but not as much as his previous work. Wasnt a massive fan or Social Network either but i did like it. I love the fact he is collaborating with Trent Reznor though.
There were times that I felt like I was watching a Hallmark straight to DVD movie.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
No, I thought it was really poor. Interesting enough idea, but the poor execution just left me baffled - especially considering it was Fincher's work.

There were times that I felt like I was watching a Hallmark straight to DVD movie.
The Social Network and Zodiac are his best films imo. That alone obviously shows that I'm not a big fan of his works. I haven't watched Gone Girl. I usually see what Aaron and Deneb have to say about a film and they don't agree one bit on this :D

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
The Social Network and Zodiac are his best films imo. That alone obviously shows that I'm not a big fan of his works. I haven't watched Gone Girl. I usually see what Aaron and Deneb have to say about a film and they don't agree one bit on this :D
Love Zodiac but nothing tops Fight Club. Seven is up there too.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
:agree:

But Fight Club and especially Se7en also need to be mentioned in that regard. You should listen to Aaron. :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Ultimo bacio. Decent relatable Italian relationship drama about betrayal, desire, maturity or more like immaturity in what paths to take in life and love. Main character is a fucking dumbass.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Social Network, really? Perhaps I could agree on the basis of the story being a snoozefest and Fincher making it remotely interesting :p

- - - Updated - - -

Social Network, really? I guess I could agree on the basis of the story being incredibly dull and boring and Fincher making a remotely interesting movie out of it. :p

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I thought it was great. And no, I haven't watched Selma yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Let me know what you think. :)
So, the cops go back to Barney's house and check out the tapes and (this is blurry in the movie, which is a major fuckup from Fincher whichever way you twist it) the tapes from the first 6 days are either a) deleted or they do not show her entering the house at all. While she says that she was immediately kidnapped and brought to his house, tied and fucked on repeat.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
So, the cops go back to Barney's house and check out the tapes and (this is blurry in the movie, which is a major fuckup from Fincher whichever way you twist it) the tapes from the first 6 days are either a) deleted or they do not show her entering the house at all. While she says that she was immediately kidnapped and brought to his house, tied and fucked on repeat.
It's been three months since I saw the movie so I honestly can't remember the details of this scene. But you could be right.
I was probably a bit forgiving in terms of plotholes at that point in the movie since the focus changed from crime to the psychology of the characters.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
That's fine, and I liked how the emphasis changed. It just doesn't give the director a free pass to be lazy. Also, the end was laughable. But that might just be me.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
That's fine, and I liked how the emphasis changed. It just doesn't give the director a free pass to be lazy. Also, the end was laughable. But that might just be me.
It's definitely a fair point. :) It's just not something that changes my opinion about the film significantly. But I understand why it would for others. And yeah, I liked the ending. :D

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
That's the most Danish thing anyone can say. One of the worst things about this country ffs.

- - - Updated - - -

"Du har ret, og jeg kan sagtens forstå hvorfor du har det sådan. Jeg synes bare stadig det modsatte"

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
That's the most Danish thing anyone can say. One of the worst things about this country ffs.

- - - Updated - - -

"Du har ret, og jeg kan sagtens forstå hvorfor du har det sådan. Jeg synes bare stadig det modsatte"
I understand why you'd think that's a Danish thing to say, but I disagree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 117)