Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (54 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Yeah I watched it last night. I liked it. Mind fuck, of course, it is a lynch film. I liked the quietness of the start. Soundtrack as well. Worth a watch.
I think you will enjoy Mulholland then. This is one of my favorite scenes ever. At that point of the film you are not able to make sense of what's going on, everything is surreal, and then this woman comes and sings so beautifully you are moved. At least it's what that happened to me :p

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Inland Empire is Lynch's best IMO. I gave Lost Highway a rewatch at the recommendation of @Nzoric Thanks man. Second best film by him for sure. Then Blue Velvet, Mulholland Drive, and Eraserhead.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
The Theory of Everything was just brilliant and it deserves all the praise it's getting. It would be a crime if Eddie Redmayne won't win an Oscar for that performance.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
The Theory of Everything was just brilliant and it deserves all the praise it's getting. It would be a crime if Eddie Redmayne won't win an Oscar for that performance.
He was indeed brilliant, such performance to pull is absolutely :tup: But it does deserve the Oscar nomination, unlike that shit called American Sniper.

Movie it self is (very) good imo but I wouldn't call it brilliant.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He was indeed brilliant, such performance to pull is absolutely :tup: But it does deserve the Oscar nomination, unlike that $#@! called American Sniper.

Movie it self is (very) good imo but I wouldn't call it brilliant.
Eddie Redmayne was brilliant. I remember seeing him in a film back in 08 with William Hurt called The Yellow Handkerchief and thinking he was someone to watch for in the future. Awesome to see him put in this amazing performance.

Felicity Jones on the other hand. :inter:

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
It's my favorite movie of Lynch's :D Mulholland Drive is a close second.
Most people seem to prefer it to his other movies, but I think it's too straight forward for a Lynch movie. Give me Inland Empire or Lost Highway :D

- - - Updated - - -

Inland Empire is Lynch's best IMO. I gave Lost Highway a rewatch at the recommendation of @Nzoric Thanks man. Second best film by him for sure. Then Blue Velvet, Mulholland Drive, and Eraserhead.
Most people seem to prefer it to his other movies, but I think it's too straight forward for a Lynch movie. Give me Inland Empire or Lost Highway :D
Wanna go shopping for lumberjack shirts together? :dule:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I know. We had the Lynch is overrated discussion about 75 pages back from here, you big jerk. :p

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Wanna go shopping for lumberjack shirts together? :dule:
That sounds pretty much amazing. :weee:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:lol:

Dune is so awful.

Still, I can't believe you hate Lost Highway. It was his return to what made him a unique and interesting director in the first place with Eraserhead and Blue Velvet.

- - - Updated - - -

The man is an artist though, in every sense of the word... and an auteur.

- - - Updated - - -

How about who's your favorite director discussion?

Go.

Again. :D

Andrei Tarkovsky
Ingmar Bergman
Stanley Kubrick
Bela Tarr
Fritz Lang
Wojciech Jerzy Has
Nagisa Oshima
Rainer Werner Fassbinder
Francois Truffaut
Nuri Bilge Ceylan
Akira Kurosawa
Werner Herzog
Krzysztof Kieślowski
Abbas Kiarostami
Theodoros Angelopoulos
Gabor Body
Michelangelo Antonioni
Jan Nemec
Michael Haneke
Luis Bunuel

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013

Dune is so awful.

Still, I can't believe you hate Lost Highway. It was his return to what made him a unique and interesting director in the first place with Eraserhead and Blue Velvet.

- - - Updated - - -

The man is an artist though, in every sense of the word... and an auteur.

- - - Updated - - -

Andrei Tarkovsky
Ingmar Bergman
Stanley Kubrick
Bela Tarr
Fritz Lang
Wojciech Jerzy Has
Nagisa Oshima
Rainer Werner Fassbinder
Francois Truffaut
Nuri Bilge Ceylan
Akira Kurosawa
Werner Herzog
Krzysztof Kieślowski
Abbas Kiarostami
Theodoros Angelopoulos
Gabor Body
Michelangelo Antonioni
Jan Nemec
Michael Haneke
Luis Bunuel
Every single name in that list is gay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)