Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (124 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Just finished Whiplash. Fuck what a film! JK Simmons was brilliant and Miles Teller kills it in the lead. Really hope it wins Best Picture just to make Hollywood cry.

So far my 3 favorite films for this year are Whiplash, Birdman, and Gone Girl.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Just finished Whiplash. Fuck what a film! JK Simmons was brilliant and Miles Teller kills it in the lead. Really hope it wins Best Picture just to make Hollywood cry.

So far my 3 favorite films for this year are Whiplash, Birdman, and Gone Girl.
Whiplash and JK Simmons (will win an Oscar for sure) were amazing. That last scene blows my mind. Miles Teller is one to look out for in the future. Hope Whiplash or The Grand Budapest Hotel win best picture. As i have repeated a million times over the last few weeks Boyhood is the worst movie i have ever seen nothing but pretentious crap, would be a shame for it to win anything.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Best part of PTA's latest Inherent Vice was the music. Fucking excellent soundtrack. Joaquin Phoenix was brilliant, as per normal. The film itself, was about all one could hope for from an adaptation of Pynchon, even if it was adapting the easiest of Pynchon. It lost a lot. Still, pretty good film. I enjoyed it. 7/10 I'd say. Maybe 7.5/10

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
So much hate for Boyhood here. It's gonna suck for you guys when it wins Best Picture.
I don't hate the film. It's good. Is it overrated? Yes. But it's a good film. Just not great. The same can be said for much of Linklater's work. It's good, but he never really reaches "great". And there are a few really mediocre films in the mix too.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Just watched Unbroken. Wasn't expecting to like it that much but i was pleasantly suprised. Good underrated film. I cant understand how American Sniper has recieved more acclaim than it. Unbroken seemed like the sort of film the Acadamy would love.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Babadook - Aussie horror movie, fucking great actually. For a genre that I generally don't find scary this movie was unsettling, the psychological aspect, and the sounds made it hard to watch at times. Great acting.

The Lost Highway - Interesting watch, don't know what the fuck happened, I have my theories but yeah it was pretty good. Patricia Arquette is fine.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Everyone should watch Aussie film animal kingdom. It's amazing.
Ive seen it, good film. Enjoyed the first half of the film much better than the 2nd half though.

Has anyone seen Blue Ruin? Watched it a while back but forgot to mention it. Great film. Pretty low budget but very well made.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Ive seen it, good film. Enjoyed the first half of the film much better than the 2nd half though.

Has anyone seen Blue Ruin? Watched it a while back but forgot to mention it. Great film. Pretty low budget but very well made.
:tup:

Yeah I agree, but still I think it's a good. Gritty film.
It's my favorite movie of Lynch's :D Mulholland Drive is a close second.
What about lost highway?

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Yeah I watched it last night. I liked it. Mind fuck, of course, it is a lynch film. I liked the quietness of the start. Soundtrack as well. Worth a watch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 121)