Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (195 Viewers)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Just watched Under The Skin. Was a bit let down. I'm a fan of the directors previous work in Sexy Beast and i love surrealism along with Kubrick and David Lynch movies or anything avant garde but this just didn't do it for me. I think it would of been more suited to being a short film. i found it to be very repetitious.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Werckmeister harmóniák - One of those that's not for anybody. My guess is that many will find it boring, dull and say it has no point. Yes, it's kinda 'hard' to watch but imo totally rewarding. One of those that makes you wonder and raise series of question about the movie and even humans. While watching I couldn't help but think of Tarkovsky on many occasions, which is pretty rare (at least from those movies that I've seen). Full of symbolism and mystery, something that poets like our famous Russian managed to pull. The raid on hospital really reminded me of Andrei Rublev's scene in church where the war represented apocalypse. Great movie without a doubt.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Ex Machina - I had no idea about the movie aside from it being sci-fi and with an AI plot, just stumbled across it as I didn't fancy the rest.

Really loved it, something to enjoy and best seen on the big screen. The cinematography and score was very similar to Moon, very eerie and melancholic. It's as beautiful as it is scary. Not perfect, but all sci-fi takes an intellectual leap.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Finally!

BREAKING: In a move that caps a two decade quest for Martin Scorsese, funding is now locked for his adaptation of the Shusaku Endo novel Silence. Fábrica de Cine and SharpSword Films have joined the producing roster and they will fully finance the picture that will star Liam Neeson, Andrew Garfield, Adam Driver and Tadanobu Asano. The film, which follows 17th Century Portuguese Jesuits who face intense persecution during their mission to spread their faith in isolated Japan, will begin production January 30 in Taiwan.

http://deadline.com/2015/01/martin-scorsese-silence-1201355913/

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Ex Machina - I had no idea about the movie aside from it being sci-fi and with an AI plot, just stumbled across it as I didn't fancy the rest.

Really loved it, something to enjoy and best seen on the big screen. The cinematography and score was very similar to Moon, very eerie and melancholic. It's as beautiful as it is scary. Not perfect, but all sci-fi takes an intellectual leap.
Is there a link for a stream online yet? Need to watch a good movie tonight i'm running out of ideas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 188)