Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (142 Viewers)

Jul 10, 2006
Am i wrong for enjoying Jack Preacher? Suprised me because it was a lot different than i thought it would be.

Can someone tell me some good movies to watch on Netflix. It's beena while since i found anything good on it.
City of Life and Death, a Chinese film about the Japanese sack and subsequent massacre of the city of Nanking. It's subtitled in English, but an excellent film if you are interested in history.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
L'arbitro - Funny take on how referees and footballers cheat. Recommended to all football fans.

Prisoners - Nice thriller, although a bit long.

- - - Updated - - -

watched District 9 again. fantastic movie

- - - Updated - - -

they really need to make a sequel
Not if its gonna be like Elysium. That was really sh!t.

I loved District 9.

Jul 10, 2006
L'arbitro - Funny take on how referees and footballers cheat. Recommended to all football fans.

Prisoners - Nice thriller, although a bit long.

- - - Updated - - -

Not if its gonna be like Elysium. That was really sh!t.

I loved District 9.
I haven't watched all of Elysium yet, but from what I have seen it wasn't that bad. Not on the level of D9, obviously.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
The Wild Bunch - Very different style of western than that of Leone, but liked it nonetheless. I laughed so fucking much during this scene. :lol:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
City of Life and Death, a Chinese film about the Japanese sack and subsequent massacre of the city of Nanking. It's subtitled in English, but an excellent film if you are interested in history.
I am interested in history and especially the story of what happend in Nanking it was shocking. Cheers i will watch it tonight.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
I just ordered tickets in hfr. If it's like the first movie, it's fine.
Well, if you saw the first one in 48 fps, then you know what you are going to get. There's nothing wrong with 48 fps viewed in isolation, but when there's only one film in that format every year, then it becomes an issue. It's an issue because it takes a lot of time to get used to the additional frames, and it looks incredibly artificial for the first part of the movie.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Yeah, I thought you wrote "HFR 3D" for a reason. :p I don't think the additional frames add enough to compensate for the frustration of getting used to the format.

The movie itself is slightly better than the first one, but it's far from flawless - in fact I think it's mediocre. I can write something a bit more detailed later. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 137)