Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (32 Viewers)

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
the shoot off at the end has the most epic close ups in any movie ever

- - - Updated - - -

well maybe apart from sharon stone in basic instinct :D

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
You only have Duck, You Sucker left before you run out of Leone westerns. Then you need to figure out if you want to see "traditional" American Westerns, newer American Westerns or other Spaghetti Westerns.
My dad saw me watching For A Few Dollars More yesterday and he recommended The Magnificent Seven. Plus there's Eli Wallach in it so I'll probably love it.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I've watched all the Leone westerns with exception to Once Upon a Time and they're definitely from all the objective standards great movies, I just feel no emotional connection to them, usually I'm bored to death to be honest.

Let the "my opinion > your opinion" flaming start.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
When you guys done with the super serious western classics (list is endless beyond just Leone Dule), you guys should unwind and check out Terrence Hill and Bud Spencers fun B movies cult spaghetti run:

230px-33ah35s-1-.jpg

230px-VierFauestaHallPos.jpg

170px-DioPerdona_IoNo_DatabasePage.jpg

You cant really talk about spaghetti westerns fully without ever seen their fun films. Had their own little genre of spaghetti slapstick/charming iconic western comedies that will have you grinning throughout :touched: I prolly watched them as much as Leone's westerns as a child because of my father, very enjoyable, lovable brothers duo. Franco Nero's western run is bit similar to them (not in humour but in style a little, no wonder because their movies are kinda like an homage to his I presume), for long time I couldnt differentiate between Terrence Hill and Franco Nero for example :D Prolly Terrence's Hills career started because he looked like Nero, thank God for that, very charismatic and hilarious scene stealer he is (epic poker and gun drawing scenes hehe). The song about him (or his character Trinity) is epic song hehe:

He's the guy who's the talk of the town
with the restless gun
Don't shoot broad out to fool him around
keeps the varmints on the run, boy
keeps the varmints on the run, boy

- - - Updated - - -

@<a href="http://forum.juventuz.org/member.php?u=17131" target="_blank">Völler</a>

More westerns boy!
Watch all the movies shown here :D

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The Magnificent Seven, The Wild Bunch and Rio Bravo should be good bets.
They made three Mag Seven movies. The last one stars George Kennedy instead of Yul Brynner and is hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

@<a href="http://forum.juventuz.org/member.php?u=17131" target="_blank">Völler</a>

More westerns boy!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
They made three Mag Seven movies. The last one stars George Kennedy instead of Yul Brynner and is hilarious.
Wiki says there are three sequels, but I haven't watched any of those (and not planning to). :p
The Magnificent Seven (1960)
Return of the Seven (1966)
Guns of the Magnificent Seven (1969)
The Magnificent Seven Ride (1972)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

Wiki says there are three sequels, but I haven't watched any of those (and not planning to). :p
The Magnificent Seven (1960)
Return of the Seven (1966)
Guns of the Magnificent Seven (1969)
The Magnificent Seven Ride (1972)
Nice! Another to see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)