Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (65 Viewers)

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
She looks like a grandma now.

Watched Life of Pi yesterday. While not a great film, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I wonder how much more awesome it would have been if I were high.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Anyone else been to see End of Watch yet? Curious to see what other peoples opinions of it are, personally I enjoyed it. Tough watching at times due to some of the more gratuitous scenes. Liked the camera angles and shooting methods used. Point of view and dashboard cameras are implemented to make the film seem like an episode of Cops at times, very cool.

Oh and Jennifer Aniston, still unbelievably beautiful :tup:

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
She looks like a grandma now.
A smokin' hot grandma.

Anyone else been to see End of Watch yet? Curious to see what other peoples opinions of it are, personally I enjoyed it. Tough watching at times due to some of the more gratuitous scenes. Liked the camera angles and shooting methods used. Point of view and dashboard cameras are implemented to make the film seem like an episode of Cops at times, very cool.
I've been meaning to watch that even though all I know about it is that Josh Homme did a song for the soundtrack.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

Oh and Jennifer Aniston, still unbelievably beautiful :tup:
I enjoyed it. Gritty, realistic and interesting filming techniques made it am enjoyable flick for me. Makes you sick when you see how these neighbourhoods are, surely most of the people they used in the film are real-life gang members, they really do look the part.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
I've been meaning to watch that even though all I know about it is that Josh Homme did a song for the soundtrack.
Worth a watch mate, soundtrack is good throughout.

I enjoyed it. Gritty, realistic and interesting filming techniques made it am enjoyable flick for me. Makes you sick when you see how these neighbourhoods are, surely most of the people they used in the film are real-life gang members, they really do look the part.
Some of them I've seen in other similar movies, the ''blood'' charecter for example is in Training day (see I got the magic eye son ;))

There were one or two scenes in the movie that have really stuck with me, they were quite shocking and I've seen my fair share of violent movies. Anybody who has seen the film will know
what I'm speaking about.

as entertaining as end of watch, it remains just that: entertainment, but with a heavy police/army propaganda undertone
Yeah I could definitely spot those undertones throughout the movie, still wouldn't make me think any less of the work real life cops have to carry out in those under privileged areas.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Watching dark night rises again, I need to marry Anne hathaway
Bought the trilogy box set for a cool €30 yesterday and watched that film too. Was never into Hathaway before this movie, but Christ, that catsuit, me-ow! Especially when she's straddling the batbike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)