Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (122 Viewers)

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Usually it takes quite a while for those experimenting festival films to reach the home market. They're shown at film festivals and afterwards purchased by distributors around the world. After that they're released in different countries and only several months after that released on DVD/VOD/Blu-ray. It can easily take at least a year from the first festival premiere to the release of the DVD.

- - - Updated - - -

Truth. Seriously. :D

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Usually it takes quite a while for those experimenting festival films to reach the home market. They're shown at film festivals and afterwards purchased by distributors around the world. After that they're released in different countries and only several months after that released on DVD/VOD/Blu-ray. It can easily take at least a year from the first festival premiere to the release of the DVD.

- - - Updated - - -

Truth. Seriously. :D
Then I'll check it again in the near future. But I'm serious, there wasn't majority to be found. :boh: But it's nice it's possible to find them. I take my words back then.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
1) Black Coal, Thin Ice --- Won Golden Bear at Berlin International Film Festival, Liao Fan won Silver Bear as best actor
2) Leviathan ---- Won best screenplay at Cannes, Won best Foreign film at Golden Globes, Nominated for Best Foreign Film Academy Awards
3) Winter Sleep --- Won Palme d'Or and Fipresci at Cannes
4) A Pigeon Sat On A Branch Reflecting On Existence --- Won Golden Lion at Venice International Film Festival
5) Two Days, One Night --- Marion Cotillard nominated for Best Actress Academy Awards, Nominated for Palme d'Or Cannes
6) Force Majeure --- Won Un Certain Regard Jury Prize Cannes, Won Best Film at Guldbagge (Sweden) awards
7) Wild Tales --- Nominated for best foreign language film Academy Awards, Nominated for Palme d'Or Cannes
8) Field of Dogs --- Nominated for Golden Frog Camerimage (world's biggest cinematography film festival)
9) Birdman --- Nominated for Best Picture at Academy Awards + 8 other nominations
10) A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night --- Won best first feature or Directorial revelation at multiple major film festivals
11) Whiplash --- Nominated for Best Picture at Academy Awards + 4 other nominations
12) Corn Island ---Won Crystal Globe at Karlovy Vary International Film Festival, Nominated for Best foreign language film Academy Awards
13) The Grand Budapest Hotel --- Nominated for best picture at Academy Awards + 8 other nominations
14) Tale of Princess Kaguya --- Nominated for best Animated feature film Academy Awards, Won best animated feature film at multiple festivals
15) In Order of Disappearance --- Nominated for Golden Bear at Berlin International Film Festival

Stations of The Cross
Haemoo
Goodnight Mommy
Coming Home
Tom At the Farm
The Boy and The World
The Way He Looks
The Kidnapping of Michel Houellebecq
THe Dark Valley

Maybe I'm out-dated at this point. :D Last time I checked I couldn't find majority of those on torrents. Not because there were no seeders but simply not anything on sites.
I have seen almost all of them from torrents. :lol:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Watching "Drive".

Like the music. The filmography. The sound production.

The plot was cool the first 20min, but then it turned a bit boring. Bored with the silent Ryan Gosling and Carey Mulligan is such a cliché.

So yeah, the actors are the weakest link here.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Watching "Drive".

Like the music. The filmography. The sound production.

The plot was cool the first 20min, but then it turned a bit boring. Bored with the silent Ryan Gosling and Carey Mulligan is such a cliché.

So yeah, the actors are the weakest link here.
Some scenes were very dragged out but overall its one of the coolest movies ive ever seen. May not be as enjoyable now as it was watching it before the whole hispster scene that came after it.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Some scenes were very dragged out but overall its one of the collest movies ive ever seen. May not be as enjoyable now as it was watching it before the whole hispster scene that came after it.
Walked into the movie theater not knowing what the movie was about. I think it was my first Gosling movie. I enjoyed it very much. The music was incredible in surround sound if I remember right :D

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
:tup:

I never watch movie without a white lead.

- - - Updated - - -

On a unrelated note, is there a movie where a black guy does a white face? I might watch that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 121)