Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (153 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
You're old :p

But yeah, I know the feeling. I thought I was gonna be married now with at least the first kid on its way and a finished master's degree in Economics coming up.

Things turned out differently :D
To me it's mainly the tens digit which is kind of weird :p I don't remember I ever pictured what I'd be like in a(n even near) distant future, I simply don't have the data for such a prediction/planning :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Serial bad weddings :lol: :lol:

Started off bit superficial/stiff but it grew in oh so hilariously on point ways, in how it deals with fairly sensitive topic in refreshingly charming way (very much on the surface/superfical still, but its a comedy, doesnt need take itself too seriously besides making some well made points on occasion), without preaching to the audience too much (something tells me Hollywood will do a remake of this and it will be PC type of cringe lol).

The french father in law was on point performance , Christian Clavier, what a legendary actor :D This is the same guy who played Asterix? Plus the hilarious manservant to Jean Reno in those time travelling movies, Great dude).

Many moments with his son in laws, priceless facial expressions in many scenes. But especially how he kept calling the stubborn Ivorian father in law who was carbon copy of him really (or even worse then french father), african dictator names randomly, perfect fucking deliveries each time, I teared up :howler:

Its about french society, but I find it funnier even more so due to slighly reminding me of past experiences of my own, not in this type of serious committment kinda way as the film, but met enough fathers of girlfriends from various different backgrounds to recognize the callous awkwardness that occured in many moments of this movie. People who stereotypically judge you completely before knowing you due to where your from/religion etc.

Especially a highschool gf who's father was a stiff very conservative police chief/former General, lol did this uppity french father in law remind me of how he was in our first enounters. Ended up bonding with him long after things ended with his daughter, see him once or twice a month in basketball get-togethers. I will defenitely recommend this sweet and endearing movie to him :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 148)