Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (75 Viewers)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
How did you know I was going to say '71?! :confused: But you're right, it's a good film.
I was expecting another Boyhood dig :D. I will try 71 but ive a feeling it will be some sort of British Army propaganda. Being Irish and living in the areas that the film is based i think i will hate it but i like Jack O'Connell so will give it a go.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
I was expecting another Boyhood dig :D. I will try 71 but ive a feeling it will be some sort of British Army propaganda. Being Irish and living in the areas that the film is based i think i will hate it but i like Jack O'Connell so will give it a go.
I don't have to say the name for you to think it. :p But I thought '71 was nuanced. Good and bad guys on both sides. But then again, I'm not Irish.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
You're Irish, eh? Ireland's a fantastic country. I built a timberframe home in County Westmeath by Longford several years ago, spent a bit of time hitchhiking around the country afterwards. 'twas a fantastic adventure.

Have you seen the film Good Vibrations, about the start of the Belfast Punk scene and Terri Hooley? I loved it. Wicked soundtrack too. Check it out. Mainstream, not too much effort to watch, really entertaining.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
As great as Casablanca is, I still personally prefer Before Sunrise. This probably sounds pretentious, but when I watch Casablanca I don't 'forget' that I'm watching a movie the same way as with Before Sunrise. :D
I loved all Befores (Sunset is (by far) my favorite though) exactly because it's just like life but you can never ever have a finer romance than Casablanca imo :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)