Maurizio Sarri (69 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I only engage in arguments on this forum if my chances of winning through logic and reasoning are above 50%.

Because my initial position on Sarri was such an indefensible stance in hindsight, I prefer not to visit this thread because it goes against my narrative.

However, I was right about Klopp while many long-time members like DAiDevil and zizinho were thoroughly proven wrong. You win some and you lose some, nobody can be right about everything.
I still think Max is better. Klopp isn't bad, but it takes time to implement his system because he needs certain players for it, and then after a few years the team is finished. Max is more adaptable, I've yet to see a coach lose key players each summer and maintain same/similar level of success at a club like Juve. Can you imagine Klopp with current Juve? He would need two summers atleast to get to his football. Max I can see start winning immediately

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Firing a guy who wins you Serie A was a mistake. A bigger mistake was replacing him with a rookie.
You wanted Allegri sacked, you noodle. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I still cannot comprehend the logic of sacking Sarri for Pirlo. Sacking Sarri is fine as long as you actually had someone more competent in line. You cannot convince me that our board of directors thought Pirlo would be better.
I still cannot comprehend the logic of sacking Max for Sarri. Sacking one of the greatest coaches in the history of this club, a complete legend, for a one-dimensional, predictable, classless, chainsmoking bum of a coach who thinks winning isn’t all that important. Most idiotic decision this club has made.

Last edited:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I still think Max is better. Klopp isn't bad, but it takes time to implement his system because he needs certain players for it, and then after a few years the team is finished. Max is more adaptable, I've yet to see a coach lose key players each summer and maintain same/similar level of success at a club like Juve. Can you imagine Klopp with current Juve? He would need two summers atleast to get to his football. Max I can see start winning immediately
I don’t exactly remember your position on Klopp back in late 2017 (was probably reasonable), but it was the two cancerous German members on here who claimed that Klopp was a horrible coach and all that. My position was that Klopp was an excellent coach, and I was proved right with everything that happened from 2018 to 2020.

I do agree that Allegri would fit this Juve better than Klopp would. Allegri is more flexible and I suspect that he’s the better tactician. Klopp is better at motivation and man-management.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I don’t exactly remember your position on Klopp back in late 2017 (was probably reasonable), but it was the two cancerous German members on here who claimed that Klopp was a horrible coach and all that. My position was that Klopp was an excellent coach, and I was proved right with everything that happened from 2018 to 2020.

I do agree that Allegri would fit this Juve better than Klopp would. Allegri is more flexible and I suspect that he’s the better tactician. Klopp is better at motivation and man-management.
One of the most impressive things about Klopp was after years of being pretty stubborn and tactically inflexible, he chose that CL final against Spurs to finally try something entirely different. He literally copied Allegri’s tactics to a T. Spurs dominated the overall gameplay, including shots and half chances, but Pool and us the year before, hit them on the counter repeatedly and were clinical with the great chances. I thought Klopp was a good coach before that, after I thought he was a great coach.

It’s funny though, because the Anti-Allegri’s whined and bitched endlessly about those Spurs matches and then praised Klopp for doing the exact same thing a year later :lol:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Man, some of my old comments on Allegri are haunting me, as with every passing season since his dismissal we have gotten worse.

Maybe I should just create a new account so no one can use my posting history against me.

Dybala96

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Pirlo could eventually finish 10-5pts off of sarris last season campaign, despite the terrible season, and hes a rookie. They both had identical cup results so far with the exception of Pirlo winning the Supercoppa. The fall off isnt that drastic and the league is stronger this season. We are a team that should always win ~90pts and sarri failed at that as much as Pirlo.
The fall is dramatic. We were out of the fucking Scudetto race months before the campaign end, if that isn't dramatic I don't know what is, garbage points won't change that. You're just blinded by irrelevant factors like "Pirlo is a legend and classy guy" and "Sarri is chain-smoking, tracksuit-wearing ugly old man", when the only thing that should matter is their ability as a coach. Sarri failed at Juve, Pirlo has been a fucking tragedy

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The fall is dramatic. We were out of the fucking Scudetto race months before the campaign end, if that isn't dramatic I don't know what is, garbage points won't change that. You're just blinded by irrelevant factors like "Pirlo is a legend and classy guy" and "Sarri is chain-smoking, tracksuit-wearing ugly old man", when the only thing that should matter is their ability as a coach. Sarri failed at Juve, Pirlo has been a fucking tragedy
:agree:

Sarri being a failure does nothing to exculpate Pirlo. The worst coach this club has possibly ever seen on the bench.

Really though, upper management, The brow, Tootsie, and Goldilocks are most to blame for this mess. One bad coaching hire, one nightmarish coaching hire, and consistently ignoring the midfield woes of this squad. Well-deserved this failed season.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
You wanted Allegri sacked, you noodle. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I still cannot comprehend the logic of sacking Max for Sarri. Sacking one of the greatest coaches in the history of this club, a complete legend, for a one-dimensional, predictable, classless, chainsmoking bum of a coach who thinks winning isn’t all that important. Most idiotic decision this club has made.
I've said it many times. Yes it was a mistake to sack Allegri and it was a mistake too to sack sarri. But you think it was a great decision to sack sarri. Enjoy 5th place. Since 1st and 5th place are the same thing to you

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

I might have exaggerated a few times, I admit. Not sure if it was trolling now, was a long time ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Because inter was better than last year. Inter last year was about the same as Atalanta/Milan this year points wise, maybe a bit better, and we are pretty close to those don't you think? At the end of the season we won't have won much less points than last year

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I have a feeling we will take him back as a coach if we don't get UCL

Pirlo sacked
Zidane, we can't afford
Gasperini stay @ Atalanta
Gattuso go to Fiorentina
Allegri go to Madrid
Spalletti go to Napoli

By looking like these, Gattuso, Inzaghi's brothers, Juric looks like a better choice than Sarri
I really think Pippo Inzaghi doing really well against us. He outsmarted Pirlo by getting 5 points out of 6

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 62)