Maurizio Sarri (36 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I'm still here and I still think we need some new ideas. But that said, I never would have hired Sarri.
Ideas don’t automatically translate to trophies

Max needed new players and dedicated investment to continue winning.

But the hubris exhibited by management was the reason we are where we are today

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah lets blame Sarri for Pirlo's great failure :lol:
You’re still missing the point amigo

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
If we had to move on from Max then we had two options: a young upcoming coach that needs to make the next step, like Inzaghi, or a world class coach, and support their ideas in the mercato. Sarri was neither of those Had we hired Inzaghi to there is a chance we lose last seasons scudetto (though inter finished with 82pts, so scudetto was not as challenging as this season, so we might still win), but the team would have had a natural growth in his second season and we would have been much better off right now than short term sarriball and then going full retard with Pirlo

May 23, 2013
Now that Roma is off the table, i wonder where he'll settle at next. There aren't many job openings atm, but if Arteta gets sacked at Arsenal they would be a good choice. An out of pocket option is Celtic, major step down in competition but still a historic club.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Under Max, 5 straight scudetti, 4 straight domestic doubles, 2 CL finals, +40 or better goal differential (2017/18 was +62) all 5 seasons.

Sarri comes in, scrapes scudetto with 83 pts, only +33 goal differential, embarrassed out CL by a garbage Lyon side in Rof16 costing club 10s of millions, buttseksed by Lazio in Supercoppa, buttseksed by Napoli in Coppa.

Methinks our decline blasted off under the chainsmoking turd Sarri. Pirlo just sped it up. Sarri would have lost scudetto this year too, 100%

Last edited:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Under Max, 5 straight scudetti, 4 straight domestic doubles, 2 CL finals, +40 or better goal differential (2017/18 was +62) all 5 seasons.

Sarri comes in, scrapes scudetto with 83 pts, only +33 goal differential, embarrassed out CL by a garbage Lyon side in Rof16 costing club 10s of millions, buttseksed by Lazio in Supercoppa, buttseksed by Napoli in Coppa.

Methinks our decline blasted off under the chainsmoking turd Sarri. Pirlo just sped it up. Sarri would have lost scudetto this year too, 100%
Let’s be honest, we would have lost the title last season if it wasn’t for the COVID break. Totally ruined Lazio’s momentum and Inter were also quite inconsistent afterwards as well.

The brilliant form of Dybala and Ronaldo after the restart basically carried us to the title.

We have been led by two hilariously inadequate managers for two seasons now. Actually, we can’t even call Pirlo a manager tbf. He is a novice at this. Thrust into a situation he couldn’t say no to and made to look like shit week after week. Should have put him out of his misery after the Fiorentina mauling in December.

This is all on the management, they’ve thrown away 9 years of hard work for god knows what reason. An absolute crying shame about what’s happened to this club.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Let’s be honest, we would have lost the title last season if it wasn’t for the COVID break. Totally ruined Lazio’s momentum and Inter were also quite inconsistent afterwards as well.

The brilliant form of Dybala and Ronaldo after the restart basically carried us to the title.

We have been led by two hilariously inadequate managers for two seasons now. Actually, we can’t even call Pirlo a manager tbf. He is a novice at this. Thrust into a situation he couldn’t say no to and made to look like shit week after week. Should have put him out of his misery after the Fiorentina mauling in December.

This is all on the management, they’ve thrown away 9 years of hard work for god knows what reason. An absolute crying shame about what’s happened to this club.
Galacticos. Galacticos everywhere. :fab3:

Playing barca style football :pavel:

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017

Even under Allegri's last season we were on decline.

Mar 10, 2009
I still cannot comprehend the logic of sacking Sarri for Pirlo. Sacking Sarri is fine as long as you actually had someone more competent in line. You cannot convince me that our board of directors thought Pirlo would be better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)