Maurizio Sarri (45 Viewers)

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
And? We won it 8 times in a row before that, including 4 straight domestic doubles. He got embarrassed in every cup comp. Almost managed to collapse in the league. Our worst point total and goal differential of the era.

This clown should never have been hired in the first place. Downgrading from Max to Sarri was a joke.
Pirlo will ALMOST get 4th place. Come on bro. I admit it was a mistake to let Allegri go, but it was a bigger mistake to letting Sarri go and hiring a rookie. And the biggest mistake not firing Pirlo before we mathematically are out of top4.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Because Pirlo is such a great trainer of players?

And hindsight is a wonderful thing, but Allegri was on a downward trajectory and Sarri obviously had to go too, he lost the dressing room. I don't mind the fact that the club took risks, we just gambled on the wrong coaches. Getting Conte in summer we got Sarri was the obvious choice and we fucked up there. Going for Pirlo was the cherry on top of a shit cake.

Last edited:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I’m no expert (unlike others here) but even I knew that firing Max to bring in Sarri was an awful idea that was doomed from the beginning.

1619910671773.gif

Allegri did what he could with a squad on a downward trajectory. Instead of mending the squad Nedved and Tici decided to bring in a superior coach to bring the best out of the squad which Max was incapable of doing.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
I’m no expert (unlike others here) but even I knew that firing Max to bring in Sarri was an awful idea that was doomed from the beginning.

1619910671773.gif

Allegri did what he could with a squad on a downward trajectory. Instead of mending the squad Nedved and Tici decided to bring in a superior coach to bring the best out of the squad which Max was incapable of doing.
But as some people keep mentioning, Allegri was fired for a reason. He lost 2 CL finals. That's embarassing and completely unacceptable. He had to go.

May 23, 2013
He'll do a great job with Roma, getting them to CL qualification would be a real achievement and he's definitely capable of doing it. Sarri took a 5th place Napoli side to multiple title challenges against a far superior Juve side and broke the 90 point barrier. Now ofc that Napoli side was better than this Roma team, but the point is there is a precedent for him taking such teams to another level.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Pirlo will ALMOST get 4th place. Come on bro. I admit it was a mistake to let Allegri go, but it was a bigger mistake to letting Sarri go and hiring a rookie. And the biggest mistake not firing Pirlo before we mathematically are out of top4.
Of course it was a mistake to hire Pirlo. But we never should have hired this chainsmoking turd in the first place.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The simplest underlying fundamental that so many here are unable to comprehend for some odd reason
People still doing it. It’s hard to imagine someone thinking Sarri is a top coach now because Pirlo is even worse. Pirlo’s incompetence doesn’t suddenly mean Sarri is now a great coach. Lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)