Maurizio Sarri (181 Viewers)

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
can someone explain what went wrong at lazio for this season? i'm not following them, i just know that sergej was replaced by an inferior player, and tare left during the summer. i wouldn't even say that cl and the amount of matches that comes with it must have fucked with them because last season they had the el matches on thursday (maurice was pretty vocal about their bad schedule lol). and it's not only their slow start to the season either, they've been dropping points against bologna and salernitana in november.

so what's happening with them? maurice isn't a fraud, and their squad isn't bad at all, 10th place on par with monza and only one point ahead of toro after 1/3 of the season is obviously below par for them.
Lazio always seems to collapse every couple years. That being said Bologna and Torino have been pretty consistently mid table so they aren’t on the level of Salernitana. Monza might be the new Sassuolo, consistently outside of the relegation zone. Lazio has definitely underachieved and they should aim to be a top 6 club every year but I just wanted to give some props to traditional yo-yo clubs such as Bologna that have been much better under their new ownership.

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Lazio always seems to collapse every couple years. That being said Bologna and Torino have been pretty consistently mid table so they aren’t on the level of Salernitana. Monza might be the new Sassuolo, consistently outside of the relegation zone. Lazio has definitely underachieved and they should aim to be a top 6 club every year but I just wanted to give some props to traditional yo-yo clubs such as Bologna that have been much better under their new ownership.
it looks like there are internal issues. maurice is complaining about the expectations being set too high. while that's a recurring issue in his career (both the complaints and the failure to meet expectations), i can believe that lotito is a bitch to work with. guy must be a lunatic.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
can someone explain what went wrong at lazio for this season? i'm not following them, i just know that sergej was replaced by an inferior player, and tare left during the summer. i wouldn't even say that cl and the amount of matches that comes with it must have fucked with them because last season they had the el matches on thursday (maurice was pretty vocal about their bad schedule lol). and it's not only their slow start to the season either, they've been dropping points against bologna and salernitana in november.

so what's happening with them? maurice isn't a fraud, and their squad isn't bad at all, 10th place on par with monza and only one point ahead of toro after 1/3 of the season is obviously below par for them.
it hurts when you don't have a striker who can finish when your are a attacking focused team. immobile has been past it for for this season.

around this time of year he would be at a goal or assist at roughly every two matches. now he has 4 in 14, almost vlahovic bad.....though overalla including CL he is at 7 goals at 19 matches which isn't terrible, but he is struggling in league

this was a guy who beat ronaldo for top scorer and was consistently banging 25+ goals+assists per season for them for past 6 out of 8 seasons. thats amazing consistency that top level strikers could only dream of and is right up there with any elite level strikers for big teams.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Meh, for what they are and have they are doing ok. They are only 4p behind Roma who are 4th. The race for 4th will be all season going it seems. Also they are in CL and have done well there. 10p with one last game. They will be in CL knockouts. The knockouts start mid february. They will have time to then catch up in league.

This was their schedule:

Serie A: Loss to Juve
CL matchday one: Atletico 1-1 draw

Serie A: Loss to Milan
CL matchday two: Celtic 2-1 win

Serie A: Loss to Bologna
CL matchday four: Feyenord 1-0 win

Rome derby after Feyenord game 0-0 draw

They also lost to Salernitana before second Celtic game. Basically they lost points mostly before or after CL weeks. They dont have the squad nor experience to manage both competitions. But like i said, only 4p behind Roma who are 4th. CL continues mid february. They have time to catch up or regroup. Could be worse you know. At least they have CL knockouts to look for new year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 177)