Maurizio Sarri (11 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I don't understand what's wrong with that. Do you think he would do a significantly different job if he was asked to fill in again at left back this season against say a Brescia or Lecce at home?

Nobody is saying he should be a starter or that he is an ideal LB. But if we have no other options and if Alex Sandro needs a rest before say a CL game I would have no problem if he filled in against a lesser Serie A side at home.

I agree with you that we shouldn't be in this position and should have more reliable depth at LB and RB.
I think Matuidi is absolutely terrible under pressure and with the ball. The only time he seems competent is if he has a direct opening for a pass in any direction, any other time, its a potential suicide mission.

For me, I wouldn't want to risk it. Furthermore, he has a habit of making poor challenges which will be more apparent if he is forced under pressure and makes a mistake.

If Sarri wants him there so be it, I don't think its worth the risk. These small teams have a habit of scoring from there one or two half chances the get and Bonucci will likely be beside him which makes me even more nervous.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
Going forward, the ideal starting lineup should look something like this:

Woj

Danilo-De Ligt-Bonucci-AS

Ben10-Rabiot-Pjanic

D Costa-Dybala-CR7
Doubt the starting 11 would be this sexy, prolly it has to feature Matuidi to make it more real. I remember Roma's Pjanic being more dangerous and decisive in AM position, having a cannon long shot. In Juve, I feel like he's being wasted in the DMC regista position as he doesn't have the long passing and vision that Pirlo had. Would love to see him play further up. If Sarri really feels the need to use Matuidi, I would use him as a DMC, mainly run and close down opponents, win ball back and play 1-2m passes to any other team-mate. He should never be actively involved into buildup play, just run and play it simple. We already have Bonucci who is our link from defence to midfield so playing Pjanic further up would be quite nice.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Going forward, the ideal starting lineup should look something like this:

Woj

Danilo-De Ligt-Bonucci-AS

Ben10-Rabiot-Pjanic

D Costa-Dybala-CR7
Almost completely agree with this. Dybala would make a great false 9 and I've been keen to see Pjanic unleashed further up the pitch since he arrived at Juve.

Cuadrado is our best right-back at the moment though and with the extra cover in a 4-3-3 he'd be less of a liability in defense. Imagine both him and D Costa tearing up that wing together. Huge.

Also, as soon as Chiellini becomes available I'd love for him to replace Bonucci rather than De Ligt. De Ligt can be better than Bonucci even now. He just needs a more suitable partner. As a pairing, De Ligt - Bonucci is unbalanced. They're too similar. A back three with De Ligt - Bonucci - Chiellini would be fascinating as well.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Matuidi loses the ball often and the last place you want a player losing the ball often is in defense.
Calma, he will pass to Bonucci

- - - Updated - - -

Matuidi loses the ball often and the last place you want a player losing the ball often is in defense.

and you do realise the sort of pressing matuidi will face at LB and is far from the congestion in the middle of the pitch.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

and you do realise the sort of pressing matuidi will face at LB and is far from the congestion in the middle of the pitch.
Doesn't matter "where" he is pressed, he doesn't handle that pressure very well.

Anyway. 30m for Can. Everyone can calma.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Doesn't matter "where" he is pressed, he doesn't handle that pressure very well.

Anyway. 30m for Can. Everyone can calma.
i feel weird saying this but Matuidi is not as hopeless on the ball as you are currently making him out to be.

there you made me say it. i blame you entirely

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i feel weird saying this but Matuidi is not as hopeless on the ball as you are currently making him out to be.

there you made me say it. i blame you entirely
remember when i told you matuidi would be stater for us this season, and you said no and tried to insult me?

where is your god now?

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW FATHER?

Jun 6, 2015
Maurice has got our pressing working a bit better at times in recent weeks. It's still really hit and miss though, but with Ronnie and Dybala upfront it's hard to be a consistently good pressing team. Thankfully Bentancur and Rabiot are both made for high pressing as is De Ligt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)