Maurizio Sarri (83 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yep we topped the group by losing two matches, home vs Man United and away to freaking Young Boys.
However you always compare to last year, if you want to compare Allegri vs Sarri then you have to refer to first season of Allegri.
Why on earth would I do that? The team is vastly different. And are we just going to ignore that I said Sarri is doing just fine and meeting expectations? And that things are looking good right now? I’d say that means I’m happy with what we’re doing under Sarri thus far... :boh: Just like I was at the same stage last season with similar results. Doesn’t change the fact Nedved96 is making up nonsense.

But if we do compare to 14-15, like you suggest, I suppose we must expect a domestic double and CL final for this season to be a success. Right?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
And yet we have 51 points after 20 games. That’s an average of 2.55 points per game.

When was the last time we made a start this good?

We also topped our UCL group with 16/18 points.

Let’s be honest here, if Allegri was still our manager and he got these exact results, everyone would be praising him for turning the corner.
We had 56 pts at this stage last season, muppet. And also topped our CL group...

So to answer your question of “when?” Just last season.

Everyone praising? You, amongst others, were bashing Max just last year, at this time of year, when we had more points, more goals, and less conceded. So maybe pipe down a little.

Sarri’s doing just swell, thus far. Aside from supercoppa loss he’s met expectations, and shall have another chance in a few weeks to take the next step in CL Rof16. Things looking good.
:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

tbh i think Sarriball could be decent if we dropped the 4312 and brought in Doug C for 433. the 4312 is ass and should only be attempted with prime b2b players available. additionally, sarris reluctance to let the fullbacks go forward results in our width primarily coming from fucking matuidi.

looking at the current team it should be 433 or a 3 man backline.

i had a dream last night that kulusevski joined in january and was an adequate backup for Doug C. in the 433

Last edited:

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Why on earth would I do that? The team is vastly different. And are we just going to ignore that I said Sarri is doing just fine and meeting expectations? And that things are looking good right now? I’d say that means I’m happy with what we’re doing under Sarri thus far... :boh: Just like I was at the same stage last season with similar results. Doesn’t change the fact Nedved96 is making up nonsense.

But if we do compare to 14-15, like you suggest, I suppose we must expect a domestic double and CL final for this season to be a success. Right?
Because comparing to last season fits your narrative better.

- - - Updated - - -

:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

tbh i think Sarriball could be decent if we dropped the 4312 and brought in Doug C for 433. the 4312 is ass and should only be attempted with prime b2b players available. additionally, sarris reluctance to let the fullbacks go forward results in our width primarily coming from fucking matuidi.

looking at the current team it should be 433 or a 3 man backline.

i had a dream last night that kulusevski joined in january and was an adequate backup for Doug C. in the 433
Agree 4-3-1-2 sucks balls.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Because comparing to last season fits your narrative better.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree 4-3-1-2 sucks balls.
Last season fits every narrative better, because the squad available is very similar, though somewhat improved this year.

Anyways. I was responding to a dumbass post suggesting we hadn’t had a start this good in terms of results in quite some time, when in point of fact we were in the exact same place last season with several more points in the league, and a couple fewer in CL, but first place in both, and won supercoppa last year, lost it this year.

We’ve had a good start, but suggesting it’s unprecedented and that he can’t remember when the last time we started so well was, it’s beyond dumb.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Last season fits every narrative better, because the squad available is very similar, though somewhat improved this year.

Anyways. I was responding to a dumbass post suggesting we hadn’t had a start this good in terms of results in quite some time, when in point of fact we were in the exact same place last season with several more points in the league, and a couple fewer in CL, but first place in both, and won supercoppa last year, lost it this year.

We’ve had a good start, but suggesting it’s unprecedented and that he can’t remember when the last time we started so well was, it’s beyond dumb.
We have a better team compare to last term (at least on paper).

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Bernardeschi can play RW when costa is out. he doesnt need to be as good as Costa he just needs to run like a maniac and press opposition into the ground. he can do that
maurice already said that berna wasn't a winger.

then again, he also said that dybala. wasn't one either. :boh:

look at this, costa with 1,5 assists already. we need him if we're about to play wide.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
We had 56 pts at this stage last season, muppet. And also topped our CL group...

So to answer your question of “when?” Just last season.

Everyone praising? You, amongst others, were bashing Max just last year, at this time of year, when we had more points, more goals, and less conceded. So maybe pipe down a little.
Oh yes last season, in the midst of how poor our second half was I had almost forgotten just how well we started that season.

It should be noted though, that I did not criticize Allegri in the first half of the season. I only began “bashing” him after the home leg against Atletico.

Anyway, we are in January now. This was around the time when last season went tits up.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
maurice already said that berna wasn't a winger.

then again, he also said that dybala. wasn't one either. :boh:

look at this, costa with 1,5 assists already. we need him if we're about to play wide.
Well maurice needs to be more flexible cause this is a lot better than the 4312.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 82)