Maurizio Sarri (47 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Lol, of course not, it was a success, just like Allegri winning at Juve. However that team winning Scudetto wasnt a surprise, for me it was more of a surprise they didnt win the next year

- - - Updated - - -

For Serie A standards they were not average lol, easily top 2 side in the league
Difference between inter 2010 and 2011 (except Mou - Rafa) is marginal, Cesar, Lucio, Maicon, Zanetti, Stankovic, Cambiasso, Sneijder, Etoo all playing majority of the minutes in both seasons. Milito, Samuel and Motta missed more time than season before, but Cordoba, Chivu and Pandev who played a lot previous season were still there. Its more or less the same team. Everyone expected them to win. Meanwhile, if you take Milan 11 vs Milan 12 and compare them, starting XI based on minutes played looks like this (Pirlo and van Bommel started half a season each in 2011):

Abbiati 35 starts/Silva 33, Nesta 26, Abate 29, Antonini 18/Pirlo 12-MvB 14, Gattuso 28, Seedorf 23/Pato 26, Robinho 19, Ibra 29
Subs: Boateng 18 starts, Flamini 14, Ambrosini 16, Zambrotta 15, Bonera 15, Yepes 11
Abbiati 31 starts/Silva 27, Bonera 17, Abate 29, Antonini 17/van Bommel 22, Ambrosini 17, Nocerino 33, Emanuelson 17/Ibra 32, Robinho 21
Subs: Nesta 16 starts, Aquilani 14, Boateng 15, Mexes 13, Seedorf 14, Muntari 13, Cassano 11, Zambrotta 10, Yepes 10

Now compare each teams best possible lineup with the ones that played majority of the time in those seasons. People remember the high profile names but dont remember the bums that were on the pitch for so many games for Milan. In reality, Ibra/Silva were carrying a mix of mediocricity and retirement home has beens on 3 fronts and stayed in all 3 close to the end. inter in 2011 was by far the bigger disapointment

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Difference between inter 2010 and 2011 (except Mou - Rafa) is marginal, Cesar, Lucio, Maicon, Zanetti, Stankovic, Cambiasso, Sneijder, Etoo all playing majority of the minutes in both seasons. Milito, Samuel and Motta missed more time than season before, but Cordoba, Chivu and Pandev who played a lot previous season were still there. Its more or less the same team. Everyone expected them to win. Meanwhile, if you take Milan 11 vs Milan 12 and compare them, starting XI based on minutes played looks like this (Pirlo and van Bommel started half a season each in 2011):

Abbiati 35 starts/Silva 33, Nesta 26, Abate 29, Antonini 18/Pirlo 12-MvB 14, Gattuso 28, Seedorf 23/Pato 26, Robinho 19, Ibra 29
Subs: Boateng 18 starts, Flamini 14, Ambrosini 16, Zambrotta 15, Bonera 15, Yepes 11
Abbiati 31 starts/Silva 27, Bonera 17, Abate 29, Antonini 17/van Bommel 22, Ambrosini 17, Nocerino 33, Emanuelson 17/Ibra 32, Robinho 21
Subs: Nesta 16 starts, Aquilani 14, Boateng 15, Mexes 13, Seedorf 14, Muntari 13, Cassano 11, Zambrotta 10, Yepes 10

Now compare each teams best possible lineup with the ones that played majority of the time in those seasons. People remember the high profile names but dont remember the bums that were on the pitch for so many games for Milan. In reality, Ibra/Silva were carrying a mix of mediocricity and retirement home has beens on 3 fronts and stayed in all 3 close to the end. inter in 2011 was by far the bigger disapointment
Agent Rafa sucking is not an achievement for Allegri though :D

May 23, 2013
If I were to order Allegri's Serie A titles in terms of impressiveness i'd go with:
2017-18
2015-16
2016-17
2010-11
--------------------
2014-15
2018-19

The bottom two were really just formalities imo, the rest of the league was just so poor. Top 4 were impressive, def deserves credit.

And for fun i'll go Conte as well:
2011-12
2013-14
2016-17
--------------------
2012-13

The bottom was probably the weakest Serie A league of the decade.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Maybe focus less on names and actually how they were performing before and more importantly after him? They were extremely average and over the hill team. Not close to best team worthy until he got them in order.
What do you know? It was just mere coincidence, that during the season, the alignment of the stars and the forces in the universe all were in a perfect pattern that Allegri's presence there was just to complete an image of a club having a manager. Any other manager would have won the title that year with the prerequisites that Allegri got.

Nov 3, 2019
If I were to order Allegri's Serie A titles in terms of impressiveness i'd go with:
2017-18
2015-16
2016-17
2010-11
--------------------
2014-15
2018-19

The bottom two were really just formalities imo, the rest of the league was just so poor. Top 4 were impressive, def deserves credit.

And for fun i'll go Conte as well:
2011-12
2013-14
2016-17
--------------------
2012-13

The bottom was probably the weakest Serie A league of the decade.
Still Ac Milan had beaten Barca 2-0 in first leg of CL :panic:

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Seriously if u want to compare Sarri to Conte and Allegri, then it has to be said that we finally have a coach who is not using excuses for every loose or bad performance. Guy speak true words and never blames anyone,

Jan 22, 2016
Last year, everything was going downhill rapidly. Losing to Young boys , Parma, Manchester at Home, that crushing against Atalanta and so many disappointing moments, it was depressing at least. The cycle was clearly ending.

But this year Sarri has brought new light to the team . We aren't perfect in any means, but you can see the enthusiasm and flash of improvement in every aspect of our game.
What makes me appreciate what Sarri is doing is that he is working on 2 different fronts at the same time. One changing the philosophy of our style and and two, getting results according to expectations. And this is not an easy task at all.
Fortunately, he is on the right track and who knows how much we can build on this until the end of the season.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Last year, everything was going downhill rapidly. Losing to Young boys , Parma, Manchester at Home, that crushing against Atalanta and so many disappointing moments, it was depressing at least. The cycle was clearly ending.

But this year Sarri has brought new light to the team . We aren't perfect in any means, but you can see the enthusiasm and flash of improvement in every aspect of our game.
What makes me appreciate what Sarri is doing is that he is working on 2 different fronts at the same time. One changing the philosophy of our style and and two, getting results according to expectations. And this is not an easy task at all.
Fortunately, he is on the right track and who knows how much we can build on this until the end of the season.
Yeh . Practically this.

Only blind sheeps would not see what was going on in the last 2 years of allegris tenure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)