Maurizio Sarri (90 Viewers)

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Sarri reaches Serie A Century

Maurizio Sarri has made history by reaching his 100th Serie A victory in only 169 games, as the fastest to reach a century from 1994 was Carlo Ancelotti on 185.

The coach turns 61 next month, but did not make his top flight debut until August 31 2014, when his Empoli lost 2-0 at Udinese.

He was 55 years, seven months and 21 days old at the time.

Following today’s 2-1 victory away to Sampdoria, Sarri’s Serie A tally now stands at 100 wins, 43 draws and 26 defeats.

Since the 1994-95 season, the coach who reached 100 Serie A victories quickest was Ancelotti, who took 185 games to hit this milestone.

Sarri only began his management career in 2000, having previously worked in a bank.

He spent most of his career in the lower leagues with the likes of Sansovino, Sangiovannese, Arezzo, Avellino, Perugia, Grosseto and Sorrento.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Sarri reaches Serie A Century

Maurizio Sarri has made history by reaching his 100th Serie A victory in only 169 games, as the fastest to reach a century from 1994 was Carlo Ancelotti on 185.

The coach turns 61 next month, but did not make his top flight debut until August 31 2014, when his Empoli lost 2-0 at Udinese.

He was 55 years, seven months and 21 days old at the time.

Following today’s 2-1 victory away to Sampdoria, Sarri’s Serie A tally now stands at 100 wins, 43 draws and 26 defeats.

Since the 1994-95 season, the coach who reached 100 Serie A victories quickest was Ancelotti, who took 185 games to hit this milestone.

Sarri only began his management career in 2000, having previously worked in a bank.

He spent most of his career in the lower leagues with the likes of Sansovino, Sangiovannese, Arezzo, Avellino, Perugia, Grosseto and Sorrento.
Conte must be only a few wins away from taking that record though

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Both our goals came on crosses from Sandro. :p
Ya but he never takes the space up the flank. He should just take it all the time and Matuidi can cover. But instead we always switch it but never attack with the fullbacks. They just receive the ball and pass back to CBs.

Sarri is too defensive :snoop:

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Ya but he never takes the space up the flank. He should just take it all the time and Matuidi can cover. But instead we always switch it but never attack with the fullbacks. They just receive the ball and pass back to CBs.

Trident doesn't work? Del Piero - Vialli - Ravanelli did

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

I agree. Which is why I want Costa healthy. 4-3-1-2 will work better when teams attack us and give us space to counter through the middle, but teams that defend well and compactly, would be nice to have Costa on the flank and Sandro pushing up more often.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013

I usually always agree with you and I do agree Alex Sandro should go up the flank more often and Matuidi should cover but I don’t think we were defensive. At least not in the first half (by the second I was working and trying to watch at the same time so not gonna comment much on that).

I thought the players had a great understanding between each other, did really well with quick passing and played with confidence to control the flow of the game. We were really doing some tiki taka shit but not as boring, trying to move forward looking for an opening. Of course we can always improve but I saw a lot of positive on that first half. If only we still had Alves though.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
If anything Marotta should be shamed for bringing that bum in the first place. Cost us the final (among others) in Cardiff, spent the year talking and promoting the Berlin final, complained about lack of music in the locker room and talked Dybala into leaving. Then went to PSG, played like a bum and left for Brazil.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
If anything Marotta should be shamed for bringing that bum in the first place. Cost us the final (among others) in Cardiff, spent the year talking and promoting the Berlin final, complained about lack of music in the locker room and talked Dybala into leaving. Then went to PSG, played like a bum and left for Brazil.
Cost us the final? Lol
If anything he was the reason we reached the final. He was badass on knockout rounds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 86)