Martin Cáceres (10 Viewers)

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Positioning is the same problem he used to be in Barca, right? It become the problem because Barca play attacking football and the CB need to be extra careful for counter attack.. I think he more suited in Full Back than in CB then

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
We'll see Cáceres against Lazio, as neither Zebina or Grygera are even in the squad. Can't wait... really excited to see how he does. I really hope he makes most of the opportunity.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Caceres: Ciro is Juve's Guardiola Saturday 12 September, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus prepare for tonight’s showdown with Lazio as ex-Barcelona defender Martin Caceres declares Ciro Ferrara “every bit as good as Pep Guardiola.”

Both teams have a 100 per cent record after two rounds and top the table, so you can watch that game LIVE from 19.45 UK time.

“Ferrara has charisma and a great way of training the squad. He knows how to make us feel involved and break the tension without losing his authority,” said the Uruguayan.

“He can certainly repeat for Juventus what Guardiola did with Barcelona. He has the qualities and Juve are competitive. He’s every bit as good as Guardiola.”

Ferrara has been compared to the Barcelona legend, who won the Champions League, Liga and Copa del Rey in his debut season.

The Bianconeri have so far impressed with victories over Chievo and Roma, so expect to do well at the Olimpico this evening against Lazio.

“I expect a year of great success with Juventus and I’m happy with the way my adventure has started. I am someone who never gives in,” continued Caceres in Tuttosport.

“The squad is very competitive, works with enthusiasm and there are some real champions here. Diego surprised me because he is absolutely world class.

“He’s not the only one of that kind in this side, which is why we are all very optimistic.”

Mauro16

The Conformer
May 12, 2006
Really well taken goal. Hope he holds down the RB position this season, Kolarov did him a few times but he looked solid enough and effective going forward for me.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Kolarov beat him once. Otherwise he just twisted and turned and did nothing. Caceras has all the skills to be a great defender. He has elite pace, quickness and recovery ability. He can close down instantly and change direction faster than almost anyone on our team including forwards.

He lacks the mental part right now that is for sure but his potential is very high. Perhaps he's better as a CB right now but I still hold out hope he can play RB or LB. We need to give him a chance though and let him gain some experience. If he sorts out some positioning issues he can become great.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Had a tough time out there but at least he has the basic characteristics to make it a fine player, unlike Grygera. Congratulations on the goal.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
Kolarov beat him once. Otherwise he just twisted and turned and did nothing. Caceras has all the skills to be a great defender. He has elite pace, quickness and recovery ability. He can close down instantly and change direction faster than almost anyone on our team including forwards.

He lacks the mental part right now that is for sure but his potential is very high. Perhaps he's better as a CB right now but I still hold out hope he can play RB or LB. We need to give him a chance though and let him gain some experience. If he sorts out some positioning issues he can become great.
word. i think that caceres has the potential to be a great player...

at least 7/10 for me...

http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2141165&postcount=568

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)