Martin Cáceres (17 Viewers)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
He made a few blunders that could have been costly but Melo & Co. saved his ass. But, he did play out of position and it was his first game so I can't really complain too much about that. Also, he was too shy going forward; many times he interrupted the flow by hesitating moving forward. But again, can't really complain. Forza him for scoring, he was at the right place at the right time & that was one hell of a shot :tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 13, 2007
I loved his goal. I thought it was a perfectly struck shot and there's no doubt it was a goal that handed us three points in a very difficult game. However, he was not very impressive defensively and I don't think he deserves to be in the starting 11. Grygera for me, is a safer bet for now.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Grygera is injured now. Caceres will improve game by game, i believe. Although he looks shaky in 1st half of Lazio match, i believe he only can improve if Ciro gives him time to gel with his new position as RB.

You can see his performance in 2nd half when he already relax more. Even Kolarov or Foggia can't attack us from his spot (RB), and their 2 chances by Cruz and the one cleared by Chiellini is from LB (Grosso).

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I think he is still going to be good...needs to step up though, perhaps he needs to let it sink in where he is playing and who he is playing with.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
He really good crossing with both legs.. Great cross (left foot) by him to set up Marchisio chance in the last minute.. Also his cross using right foot for Amauri..

Actually which foot is his preference?

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Again, still jitters in his defending and esp so when he shifted to the center but his decent crossing is a surprise like what cimenk mentioned. His 2nd cross esp., he looked up and lob the cross very accurately onto the feet of the onrushing Marchisio.
Maybe thats the agenda why Ferrara has played him at RB so far.

Carlos Primera

Il Vecchio Signore
Mar 29, 2009
yep.. he seems quite capable lobbing good crosses, and seems quite a decent attacker. hopefully the defensive shakiness improves with more match experience and getting a feel of how the squad operates.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Caceres should have played against Genoa.
He is faster and goes up better than Grygera.
It was pretty clear from the way Grosso was playing that we weren't intending to do that much attacking down the wings. If Caceres was put on for the purpose of attacking, we would've been absolutely stripped down the right with Camo venturing forward from his RM position most of the time.

I think Grygera was the right choice, and he actually had quite a decent game.

xkorpyon

Jan 13, 2008
IMO thats what Ferrara did worst yesterday!!
With always 2 of the best headers CF in the World (Iaquinta, Amauri, Trezeguet), we didn't provide them a single cross!!

I didn't like Grygera's game, whenever Sculli wanted, he passed by Grygera...

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
It was pretty clear from the way Grosso was playing that we weren't intending to do that much attacking down the wings. If Caceres was put on for the purpose of attacking, we would've been absolutely stripped down the right with Camo venturing forward from his RM position most of the time.

I think Grygera was the right choice, and he actually had quite a decent game.
:agree:

Against a three man attack, you basically have to keep your back 4 in position the whole time or run the risk of being destroyed on the counter attack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)