Martin Cáceres (10 Viewers)

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Cáceres was simply left hanging out to dry by Camo in the first half and faced an excellent player in Kolarov. Besides, it wasn't just Kolarov constantly running at him either, he was simply outnumbered having to cover the whole right side.

The game changed for him when Marchisio played on the right, he got way more involved going forward and wasn't overrun at the back at all. We can't forget he's just come back from international duties, far away, and that he simply isn't a RB, therefor not used to playing there.

Providing he has a player who contributes defensively infront of him, I think he can become our RB. He has the pace, clearly has a decent shot/cross ( that goal was an excellent strike ) and as far as I know he's usually good defensively.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
How he was good defensively? He was offcially molested by kolarov, and looked like a headless chicken. He has a big problem which he always sprint at full speed toward the player with the ball, which makes it so easy for the opposition to skin him or turn him inside & outside

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
It's too early to say that, but either the praise of Caceres or the criticism of Grygera is unjustified.
It's also too early to just slaughter Cáceres though. I'm not tryin to make him look good, but it wasn't exactly an easy game to make your debut, on a position you basically never play, after just coming back from international duties in South America.

He has the right characteristics, I just hope he can develop into a good RB.

May 22, 2007
How he was good defensively? He was offcially molested by kolarov, and looked like a headless chicken. He has a big problem which he always sprint at full speed toward the player with the ball, which makes it so easy for the opposition to skin him or turn him inside & outside
It wasn't stunning but it wasn't bad. He was outnumbered by overlapping runs a number of times, especially with the pace of Foggia attacking.

Grygera's performance vs Roma defensively was better I thought.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
i have told it many times today. only one time kolarov went pass him. otherwise he just crossed or passed the ball. he did one simple mistake.

as for the second thing you say, i think that he passed the ball rather quick and nice. he didn't lose the ball more than 1 or 2 times.

anyway, i see that many people rate rather low cacere's appearance today. so i won't speak more. just wait to see him against bordeaux...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I would give him some more chances.

The difference in him and Grygera is that Grygera has been poor in a lot of games...and this is the first game for caceres, so gryg´s bashing is justified.

Of course im not saying caceres was good, because he looked very shaky, but he needs to play more to see what he has got.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I would give him some more chances.

The difference in him and Grygera is that Grygera has been poor in a lot of games...and this is the first game for caceres, so gryg´s bashing is justified.

Of course im not saying caceres was good, because he looked very shaky, but he needs to play more to see what he has got.
:agree: he wasn't great today but still he managed to score our first goal for that i would rather give him another chance next week .....

Brandmon

Juventuz irregular
Aug 13, 2008
The difference between Grygera and Caceres is that Grygera is overpayed and crosses like Bessy the cow before being ran over by an 10-wheeler, while Caceres just came and is a youngster Ferrara is willing to bet on. Results from youngsters aren't instantaneous. It's just up to Ferrara to build a good player out of him really and I hope he does a good job :tup:

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
Kolarov beat him once. Otherwise he just twisted and turned and did nothing. Caceras has all the skills to be a great defender. He has elite pace, quickness and recovery ability. He can close down instantly and change direction faster than almost anyone on our team including forwards.

He lacks the mental part right now that is for sure but his potential is very high. Perhaps he's better as a CB right now but I still hold out hope he can play RB or LB. We need to give him a chance though and let him gain some experience. If he sorts out some positioning issues he can become great.
agree with this man..

Antonio1

Juve's Messi
Oct 3, 2004
At the end of day, Martin Caceres won us this game. The trez goal was icing on the cake. But without Caceres goal this would have ended in a draw or defeat. He started the move, followed it up, and finished it like a world class striker. Ok he had some problems, but for the fact he just won us three incredibly precious points, Caceres is well worth a few more chances. Say what you want about him, but played a big part in us winning the game. if we lost, sure, it would be a diff story, but we didn't, we won. And Caceres scored the important opener.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
The 2 times Ferrara had deployed him, it was at RB where he certainly seemed ill-at-ease so far. I will like to think that its early jitters playing in a new position in a new team in a new league.

I certainly hope its not the position that Ferrara has for him on a long-term basis if we do have him permanently.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He will grow into it. It is obviously not his natural position, but he has a lot to learn yet. I think he did average or slightly above average. Not horrible though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)